Which stone do you like better?

• The Emerald

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • The Asscher

Votes: 25 86.2%

• Total voters

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
Went back to see it - there's no doubt that this is an amazing, amazing stone. The only way to describe this diamond is to say that IT GLOWS. It literally glows. I took it into all different types of light, including the most harsh yellow light I could find, and it still shined white and bright.

The stone is crystal clear without being transparent, with no haze or milky appearance. You cannot see a SINGLE inclusion without a loupe. You can see a couple small ones just a tiny bit in close up photos, but not at all with the naked eye. They still feel that this is an antique asscher vs. an emerald - it doesn't really matter to me either way, because it's just gorgeous!

I'm going to think about it a bit more, but mostly from a financial standpoint. I really do love it so much... :loopy:

F513F663-2440-4D6E-826A-81525780EA76.jpeg

im so happy for you! a huge congratulations for finding such a treasure. an old cut at d color is so incredibly rare. as a bonus, it is priced very well. i'll bet you are beyond thrilled. i love a glowy bright d color diamond!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful. Truly. If this is what you love...

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CvB's work is outstanding! But I understand concern over getting tired of such a specific setting. What about one with less ornate halo, like mine? It's a 1.83ct E SI1 w sbf, so significantly smaller than yours, but the idea is the same...

IMG_1913.JPG IMG_1918.JPG

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
CvB's work is outstanding! But I understand concern over getting tired of such a specific setting. What about one with less ornate halo, like mine? It's a 1.83ct E SI1 w sbf, so significantly smaller than yours, but the idea is the same...

IMG_1913.JPG IMG_1918.JPG

This is your setting?? I am fully aware of this one - it’s my other favorite!! So gorgeous, congrats on owning such a beauty!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the D! And I really love that it has strong blue fluorescence! Did you get to see it out in the sun?

It is very, very close to being an antique asscher. Here is my antique asscher and you can see the tiny difference in the culet. Mine is a square so it is an asscher. Yours has a little elongated one which I supposed makes it an emerald cut. Still, it looks more like mine than that emerald cut you posted on the first page!

IMG_0094 (Edited).jpg

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
I love the D! And I really love that it has strong blue fluorescence! Did you get to see it out in the sun?

It is very, very close to being an antique asscher. Here is my antique asscher and you can see the tiny difference in the culet. Mine is a square so it is an asscher. Yours has a little elongated one which I supposed makes it an emerald cut. Still, it looks more like mine than that emerald cut you posted on the first page!

IMG_0094 (Edited).jpg

That is a gorgeous stone!! I just went to read your thread about it - it was meant to be yours! Makes sense re: the culet shape too.

Question for you re: the Art Deco halo I want for this diamond. I was thinking of having Caysie prong set the stone in a “faux bezel” approach so I can keep the girdle of the stone exposed. Do you think that’s the right call? I adore the seamless look of the bezel but don’t want to compromise the stone’s appearance or light return at all...

Here is the one I want again, along with another similar CVB ring with the prong approach:

01D22AB9-F931-4958-8ED7-26E22849918C.jpeg
811404FF-692D-4E36-8AD6-B748E8ED6D90.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually have another CVB ring set like the second one, but it's a round. I don't think the bezel would affect light return really. The diamond in the bezel above looks nice and bright to me. Your stone is big enough that it's not like the bezel would be hiding much of the stone. This is starting to sound funny, but I have the ring that that one was based on, and I am really sad that I didn't have the foresight to add the french cuts!!! I do love the look of the bezel best in that design, but I think the other would work as well. Here are my other two rings.

CVB 2.1ctOcolorAVR 1.jpeg

CVB.ECsapphireimage6.JPG

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
I actually have another CVB ring set like the second one, but it's a round. I don't think the bezel would affect light return really. The diamond in the bezel above looks nice and bright to me. Your stone is big enough that it's not like the bezel would be hiding much of the stone. This is starting to sound funny, but I have the ring that that one was based on, and I am really sad that I didn't have the foresight to add the french cuts!!! I do love the look of the bezel best in that design, but I think the other would work as well. Here are my other two rings.

CVB 2.1ctOcolorAVR 1.jpeg

CVB.ECsapphireimage6.JPG

beautiful heirloom quality rings @diamondseeker2006
may i ask if the white diamonds around your sapphire are full cut or single cut? they appear full, but i can't be certain.

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
Thank you!!! I believe the sapphire ring has all full cuts.

Hi @diamondseeker2006 - do you happen to know the dimensions of the face of your blue/lavender ring, and also, what is your finger size? It sounds like my ring would be 14mm wide by 16mm long and my finger is a size 5-ish. Just hoping I actually have the real estate available for such a bling-tactic piece. :lol:

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @diamondseeker2006 - do you happen to know the dimensions of the face of your blue/lavender ring, and also, what is your finger size? It sounds like my ring would be 14mm wide by 16mm long and my finger is a size 5-ish. Just hoping I actually have the real estate available for such a bling-tactic piece. :lol:

I just measured as best I could, and I think the halo part is about 14 x 11 mm. I wear a 5.5 on my left hand and I still have room for it to be larger. A lot has to do with how much space you have below the knuckle. I think it is possible, but it might end up being larger than you want for a daily wear ring. My antique asscher could have been set in a halo and at times I wish I had done it, but I think it came after the sapphire ring, and I didn't want to make two rings so much alike. I set it without a halo in a setting inspired by an antique Tiffany. But I love the halo with french cuts the most, however, I'd wear it less often.

CVB 2.73ct antique asscher 2.JPG

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
I just measured as best I could, and I think the halo part is about 14 x 11 mm. I wear a 5.5 on my left hand and I still have room for it to be larger. A lot has to do with how much space you have below the knuckle. I think it is possible, but it might end up being larger than you want for a daily wear ring.

Thank you so much for measuring! This is helpful - I'm ok with a big ring as long as it fits within the borders of my finger. Just want to make sure it's not going to hang off like a massive cocktail ring...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for measuring! This is helpful - I'm ok with a big ring as long as it fits within the borders of my finger. Just want to make sure it's not going to hang off like a massive cocktail ring...

Oh, no, I for sure would have room for 3mm more in width, so I think you'll be fine.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results