• Band-which band

Votes: 43 55.1%
  • No- band

Votes: 35 44.9%

• Total voters

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
4095C580-675E-4FC5-8EB3-7842F5BBFEB4.jpeg This is a plain band I have on hand... obviously would need to be thinner. But does a plain band really add anything? Maybe at that point just wear the ring by itself? I’m leery of custom ordering anything because my ring is already so busy and I really need to try everything on first.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
4095C580-675E-4FC5-8EB3-7842F5BBFEB4.jpeg This is a plain band I have in hand... obviously would need to be thinner. But does a plain band really add anything? Maybe at that point just wear the ring by itself? I’m leery of custom ordering anything because my ring is already so busy and I really need to try everything on first.

I agree. I think the above plain band is too thick and not the right height/depth to complement your ER to its maximum advantage. A thinner band where the width and height match more might look beautiful. Definitely try on as many bands as you can. Seeing is knowing.

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think the above plain band is too thick and not the right height/depth to complement your ER to its maximum advantage. A thinner band where the width and height match more might look beautiful.
And you think it will add anything to the ring? Just to complete the look?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And you think it will add anything to the ring? Just to complete the look?

I love the look of a simple band with a gorgeous ER. It’s a classic. And you can always get an engraved band to add a little pizazz.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally love rings that don’t stack flush and have gaps so all my rings I try to ask for a donut, so long as it’s not competing but compliments I love the gap look. 15 years ago it was all about flush sitting rings stacked... not anymore I like the individual rings presence non matchy. However, I prefer to have the height be similar or if must the wedding below be taller than the top(main) ring, it just looks better on my finger to my eye, it’s all personal preference but for your ring I prefer a wider and taller plain or with slight details of milgrain or engraving to compliment.

tlfiore

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely the baguette band! The entire look is gorgeous and beyond perfect. Baguette band all the way! It works!

BMI

Shiny_Rock
I wonder what a knife edge band would look like with your ring? Or the thinner baguette band you tried before when your ring had the bezels? Of all the options you've shown so far I like the ring by itself the best and it feels plenty "complete" to me! All those gorgeous diamonds in such a beautiful setting! :love:

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
None of the above, plain if you want the extra 'married' vibe but like Yssie said I think all detract. Your ring is spectacular, it deserves perfection. Maybe keep looking, try more styles - don't settle.
Full disclosure I also want more pics of your dreamy stunner!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Top and bottom bands. Use baguettes. Make it round.

B09ACCE7-0F9A-45EB-AF52-B1176A0DC10D.png

Squared off engraved band with same height as e-ring. Maybe close in width to ering.
E1068E2F-7798-487A-97CF-342574B89485.png

Center band. Use just a few single baguettes evenly spaced throughout band.
78DA7550-25BB-4FFA-B532-E99BDA6D1C04.png

Shiny platinum with longer sections?
4F33E6CA-9206-4A0B-831D-EFBAA3BC804C.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Emeraldsaremyfavorite, If you want something with more bling how about something like this?

Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 6.14.38 AM.png

Or if you want a baguette band if you go thin it would work IMO as it is all about proportions.
You want a band that will compliment and not compete with your beautiful engagement ring.

emeraldcuterwithbaguetteband.jpg

emeraldcutweddingset.jpg

I want to add it comes down to personal preference and there truly is no right or wrong when choosing your wedding band. Some people prefer a bolder look and if that is what you prefer you can rock it no pun intended. It just comes down to your aesthetic. When I was doing a search to show examples here there were so many more bold looks than understated ones so obviously many people enjoy a bolder band with their emerald cut engagement ring.

Try on as many as you can and see which look you prefer. And have fun with it. Remember whatever you choose doesn't have to be forever and many of us mix and match so over time you can collect different bands to enjoy different looks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 6.14.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 6.14.38 AM.png
    505.5 KB · Views: 15

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@missy thanks so much for the feedback and sending these over. I like the dainty look of them all. You are exactly right. He bands I have are taking away from my main ring. I am going to return them all. The baguette band does look good, is beautiful by itself but my EC gets lost in the shuffle with it on. Soooo, I am going to have my current plain white gold band cut down to about 2mm for the time being.
@yssie what did you pair with your ring? Can you let me know the mm if your plain band? Thank you!
@LLJsmom I really like the band with just 3 baguettes! Just not sure where I can go try these on? I don’t want to buy something unseen

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3A850736-528E-4AB0-9805-81862EA68A8C.jpeg
I know I’m in the minority here, but I don’t like a gap. I thought I wanted a blingy band to go with Bella, but I didn’t find anything I liked, so went for a plain 2mm plat band. I think it completes the look, without taking anything away from her. (I’m also in the minority because I wear it over to prevent me from ever losing her.) 2EBB9F12-B2CA-4AAC-A359-40E61861A5B4.jpeg

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Voted no band. The w-band is a ring to me & the others tell the same story.

The first diamond band seems well worth having in its own right.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy thanks so much for the feedback and sending these over. I like the dainty look of them all. You are exactly right. He bands I have are taking away from my main ring. I am going to return them all. The baguette band does look good, is beautiful by itself but my EC gets lost in the shuffle with it on. Soooo, I am going to have my current plain white gold band cut down to about 2mm for the time being.

You're very welcome. What I like about a small gap is that it keeps each ring separate and distinct and from getting lost in the shuffle so to speak to borrow your term. That is why I like a delicate gap. However of course there is no one size/rule that fits all and it comes down to your preferences. And trying on as many as you can to see what your eyes prefer.

Small gap with my rings. Separate and distinct.

bubbalahandsea.jpg.png

bubbalahprofileoutside.jpg.png

There is no one right way. It's what is the right way for you. And sometimes you might want to rock different looks and that is the beauty of stacking bands. If you so desire. I never wear it this way but I certainly do mix and match.

bubbalahandallherbands.jpg.png

@Austina I love the way you wear Bella and love that you have that band to protect her. :kiss2:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My last comment. You say you don’t like the plain band. You tried on a thin and thick and did nothing for you. I agree. An engraved band will look just as busy and even busier bc it will be contrasting. Your baguette band complements and those tiny baguettes could never ever outshine or compete with your gorgeous diamond! If you look at most of the comments, most are picking the first band. I want to add that 800 dollars Is s great price for that band and I hope that if you do return it, you can find it again.

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@nala so I’m keeping the baguette band! I just figured since it was such a great price and looks beautiful with or without my ring, splurge a little and my b day is coming up:) I’m also going to have the plain band I have cut down to just have on hand. So I will have a few options to wear my ring differently. So surprising how split this poll has been, lots of great opinions

Emeraldsaremyfavorite

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Have you considered something like Van Cleef & Arpels "pearls of gold" ring? It comes in a small and medium size width. It would give you the simplicity of a plain band but with more visual interest. I find it goes with everything. Something to consider. https://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/e...0-perlee-pearls-of-gold-ring-small-model.html
I really like that! Well I love everything Van Cleef, would look good on as a right hand ring as well. I kept the baguette band. I have been wearing it all week and I have grown to really like it. I'm sure I will change bands out from time to time and have fun with it:)

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The baguette band does add more to the look but it's soo gorgeous! I love it! If wearing it brings you more joy, why not!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay to keeping both bands. The more the merrier and having options is a win win. Cannot wait to see how you mix and match and enjoy your new bling.:kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results