shape
carat
color
clarity

Political Discussion Subscription Service Membership

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi All,
I have proposed a subscription service to PS Admin for those of us who would like to continue to post on current evets and political topics, Others on PS would not be able to read the posts, thus no-one can claim to be upset. It would be in around the world. My preliminary proposal offered a $3.00 per person per month, to be paid either quarterly or semi-annually to PS. I asked for a trial run until after the inauguration. Admin would like a count of how many would be involved. Admin would have to do a certain amount of work for this change and probably wants to see if it is worth doing.

So far, myself, Df and Calliecakes have said yes.

Those interested, please leave your name and say yes. This is our chance to have a discussion group where we want it, with who we want it.

Annette

This is preliminary--not a done deal

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds fine to me. and Ty.

Hi All,
I have proposed a subscription service to PS Admin for those of us who would like to continue to post on current evets and political topics, Others on PS would not be able to read the posts, thus no-one can claim to be upset. It would be in around the world. My preliminary proposal offered a $3.00 per person per month, to be paid either quarterly or semi-annually to PS. I asked for a trial run until after the inauguration. Admin would like a count of how many would be involved. Admin would have to do a certain amount of work for this change and probably wants to see if it is worth doing.

So far, myself, Df and Calliecakes have said yes.

Those interested, please leave your name and say yes. This is our chance to have a discussion group where we want it, with who we want it.

Annette

This is preliminary--not a done deal

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. Great idea, thank you for proposing it @smitcompton.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds good to me... :clap:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Ella A thought - would it be worth turning this thread into a sticky so it doesn't travel down the page?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Ella A thought - would it be worth turning this thread into a sticky so it doesn't travel down the page?

Only problem with a sticky might be how many people miss it. Many of us missed the no politics announcement for awhile because it was a sticky.

I like the idea and hope it works well. I'm not sure if I will participate or not and may choose to join that section later after things at home get less stressful.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Count me in.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would perhaps join in, most likely more to read than post. I do think it should be available to those who want it though.

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not initially
But as soon as im working again
Yes most definatly

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will be interesting to see who's wiling to pay :rolleyes:
The rich white ladies here can afford a few bucks per month. :lol:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adding a paid subscription tier of membership fundamentally changes the nature of the PS Community to my way of thinking, and not to the betterment of its mission and its entire membership ... my 2 cents.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adding a paid subscription tier of membership fundamentally changes the nature of the PS Community to my way of thinking, and not to the betterment of its mission and its entire membership ... my 2 cents.

+1

... a political discussion forum that excludes those unable to pay during what, for many, are financially-challenging times? :think:

Kinda reminds me of those special freeway lanes in Los Angeles where, if you pay up, you can dive faster, passing all the poor slobs suck in lanes of rush-hour traffic.
Folks now call them, "Lexus lanes".

Yeah the comparison is a stretch, but something just feels wrong about this.

How's bout a sub forum where anyone can enter at their own risk because anything is allowed except pr*n and advertising?
Don't bother reporting a post that is not pr*n or an ad because admin will ignore your complaint, and not even respond to you.

I mean didn't Ella say the reason for the political ban is the bickering was taking up too much of her time?
I say, let the posters out of their cages to savage each other.
It's a fair forum; It's not like we're cheering as lions maul men in ancient Rome.
The colorful entertainment would generate zillions of eyeballs for PS, which will drive up their revenue much more than the monthly $3 would.
I think ad rates depend on eyeballs.

Those who are too "refined" need not enter.
Nobody held a gun to their heads.
Besides, there's always the ignore function.

With the upcoming election the next few months could be PS's most lucrative time ever.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those who are too "refined" need not enter.
Nobody held a gun to their heads.
Besides, there's always the ignore function.

With the upcoming election the next few months could be PS's most lucrative time ever.
Exactly !, but some PSers acted like kids run crying to teacher Ella.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

My proposal states this section will not be moderated. The only time I foresee a problem is when a poster goes off the rails and Admin must help us intervene. Since most poster here are nice, I don't anticipate a problem.

This is not restructuring membership. A lot of members don't want a political thread and it is gone. The fact the there are people willing to pay to talk to each other effects no-one. I have no idea how this affects a mission statement. The outside world is using subscriptions for a lot of things. Admin should also be looking for new ways to operate. By staying the same the website becomes less and less important . New options are necessary in life.

Annette

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only see rich liberals on this thread... :lol: I'm fine with whatever you guys decide to do. Just put the word "political" under PS cafe.

Last edited:

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I only see rich liberals on this thread... :lol: I'm fine with whatever you guys decide to do. Just put the word "political" under PS cafe.

I'm not a liberal....nor am I Trumper (cuz I'm not cray-cray). You forgot that when I said I couldn't stand Mrs. Dumbo....

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, You should go and convince the admin to reopen political talks.. ;))

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally think its a great idea. People won't actually appreciate something until they have to pay for it...

And maybe that will keep most arguments to a minimum. I'd be in but only after the election is over with.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results