carat
color
clarity

Polar vortex temp check

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
0973BDA0-33F6-4ED4-9648-E513A041D52D.jpeg

Walking across the Kinzie Street bridge this morning. The river was iced over.

Wait, is this not normal? Our river freezes every winter and we skate on it.

We're back up to a an unseasonably warm -12 C (10F) from being at -35F for the past 3 days. I hear blizzards are now coming. Who-hooo. It's a good weekend to declutter the house.

Reactions: AV_

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The temp this morning was 5 and we were supposed to get 1-3” inches of snow...forecasters were way off I measured 6.5 inches, this is my SUV after I cleaned it up...I had to drive in the snow, first time in 10 years I been work at home that I have had to drive in this much snow and first time in my SUV since I bought it 2.5 years ago...I was not a happy camper. 586C41F2-B057-4DC8-B86A-B6D5B0E8DC06.jpeg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The temp this morning was 5 and we were supposed to get 1-3” inches of snow...forecasters were way off I measured 6.5 inches, this is my SUV after I cleaned it up...I had to drive in the snow, first time in 10 years I been work at home that I have had to drive in this much snow and first time in my SUV since I bought it 2.5 years ago...I was not a happy camper. 586C41F2-B057-4DC8-B86A-B6D5B0E8DC06.jpeg

Where are you, diamondringlover? Wherever it is, it looks frosty today! Stay warm.

Deb :wavey:

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
I don't want to brag, but it was a balmy -14C ( approx. 6F) here in southern Quebec today. A beautiful blue sky, not much wind. It was actually very pleasant.
Of course, people here are used to the cold - even though they complain about it all the time. And we are generally well equipped with warm winter clothes. So not much hardship here.
Stay warm everyone!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Temperature check in....hitting 57 degrees here today in the NYC/Jersey shore area. LOL cannot make this stuff up. Hope everyone is staying safe and warm!

sunnyocean.gif

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
Temperature check in....hitting 57 degrees here today in the NYC/Jersey shore area. LOL cannot make this stuff up. Hope everyone is staying safe and warm!

.... It's warmer in New York than in LA! The Californian in me feels snubbed :razz:

Sending cozy thoughts to those with frosty nights!

Reactions: AV_

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow... you guys are way tougher than this Southern gal! I don’t think I could handle all the severe cold! BRRRRR!!! :eek2::eek2:

Although not sunny, it’s quite warm down here!
(thank goodness) :mrgreen:

7EB200C6-2F20-49C5-B069-C33CCBF38F32.jpeg 9F55F8E4-0095-4C53-93A6-4EE243261814.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
.... It's warmer in New York than in LA! The Californian in me feels snubbed :razz:

Sending cozy thoughts to those with frosty nights!

As much as I loathe extreme temperatures especially because of my intolerance to heat and cold I love the change of seasons and I appreciate those perfect weather days that much more. Each season has something I adore.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last week was brutal. My car registered -22 degrees. I believe the windchill got down to -60. News was warning one could get frost bite within 5 minutes.:eek2: My work never closes but with the cold weather and foot of snow my kid had four days off in a ten day period. It feels like spring today even though we are now getting ice storms.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last week school was cancelled because of the freezing temps and wind chill. Today I was just notified that school will be dismissing early because of flash flooding. We are currently under a Tornado Warning--radar detected rotation about 10 miles south of me. In a couple days we'll be back to freezing. Come on, Mother Nature, give us a break!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
School was cancelled for TR's kids today due to an ice storm, and the charity event that TR was chairing tonight also just got cancelled. I'm with you Monnie -- give us a break!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck, Monnie and Dee*Jay! May Spring come to your region soon!

Deb

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to drive a mile out of the way to get to my daughter's school to pick her up--two main bridges were flooded out. We are in the midst of a 100 Year Flood here, I came to find out after I finally retrieved her.

Some are enjoying the floodwaters, though. Check out the neighborhood horses just standing in it getting their hooves cleaned:

IMG_9733.jpg

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was 78 here yesterday in New Orleans. Front comiing through tomorrow.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results