Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Plump pear

bling_dream19

Brilliant_Rock
Or as my hubby calls it P Squared! Ok friends, I have a beautiful pear that I bought preloved from @mrs-b. I am sending it to David Klass to be set in a pendant. I hope to eventually make complimentary pear dangle earrings too.
Here is the cad David sent.
The pear is .78 carat I
The inner halo diamonds are .01 each and the outer halo diamonds are .07.
I plan to set in platinum or white gold. Thoughts? 20200323_185847.jpg 20200323_190904.jpg
DK 108-QUAD.jpg
I'm open to suggestions. I really do not know how to read cards and I want this to be a sexy showstopper! Thanks for helping.

Last edited:

bling_dream19

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely design, platinum is now cheaper than white gold even allowing that is weighs more.
If you do not need the clasp to be opened ask to have it made fingernail breaking tight
Hi @Garry H (Cut Nut) ooh good to know about pricing! I'm thinking platinum since my wedding set is platinum. Ok, could you please explain about the clasp being fingernail breaking tight? I'm excited but I want to know exactly what you mean!!! :bigsmile: Do you mean that clasp to put the necklace on and off is super tight, like a lobster clasp? Or do you mean the diamond crusted bale to lay flatter? I do think the loop or bale (not sure of right terminology) is a bit large. Thanks for your input and explaining :wavey:=)2

bling_dream19

Brilliant_Rock
I think it looks good. The only thing that you might want to consider adding is a decorative gallery. I just think that they are pretty when you have something nice on the back of the piece.
Oooh @elizat great idea! I do love a pretty gallery. Maybe hearts? Or swirls?

bling_dream19

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely design, platinum is now cheaper than white gold even allowing that is weighs more.
If you do not need the clasp to be opened ask to have it made fingernail breaking tight
Hi @Garry H (Cut Nut) sorry to ask you again but I would love if you could clarify on what part should be made fingernail tight. The chain clasp? Or elsewhere? Thank you so much for explaining. I respect your insight.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.