shape
carat
color
clarity

Plump pear

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Or as my hubby calls it P Squared! Ok friends, I have a beautiful pear that I bought preloved from @mrs-b. I am sending it to David Klass to be set in a pendant. I hope to eventually make complimentary pear dangle earrings too.
Here is the cad David sent.
The pear is .78 carat I
The inner halo diamonds are .01 each and the outer halo diamonds are .07.
I plan to set in platinum or white gold. Thoughts? 20200323_185847.jpg 20200323_190904.jpg
DK 108-QUAD.jpg
I'm open to suggestions. I really do not know how to read cards and I want this to be a sexy showstopper! Thanks for helping.

Last edited:

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’ll be gorgeous!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks good. The only thing that you might want to consider adding is a decorative gallery. I just think that they are pretty when you have something nice on the back of the piece.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t wait to see it!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This will be stunning.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Lovely design, platinum is now cheaper than white gold even allowing that is weighs more.
If you do not need the clasp to be opened ask to have it made fingernail breaking tight

Hi @Garry H (Cut Nut) ooh good to know about pricing! I'm thinking platinum since my wedding set is platinum. Ok, could you please explain about the clasp being fingernail breaking tight? I'm excited but I want to know exactly what you mean!!! :bigsmile: Do you mean that clasp to put the necklace on and off is super tight, like a lobster clasp? Or do you mean the diamond crusted bale to lay flatter? I do think the loop or bale (not sure of right terminology) is a bit large. Thanks for your input and explaining :wavey:=)2

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks good. The only thing that you might want to consider adding is a decorative gallery. I just think that they are pretty when you have something nice on the back of the piece.

Oooh @elizat great idea! I do love a pretty gallery. Maybe hearts? Or swirls?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I think either would be pretty! It's just a little icing to it on the top.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Lovely design, platinum is now cheaper than white gold even allowing that is weighs more.
If you do not need the clasp to be opened ask to have it made fingernail breaking tight

Hi @Garry H (Cut Nut) sorry to ask you again but I would love if you could clarify on what part should be made fingernail tight. The chain clasp? Or elsewhere? Thank you so much for explaining. I respect your insight.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it as is and don’t think I’d like it ‘filled in’ with metal.
I don’t feel strong enough about it to ask them to redesign it, but others may.
I think it looks gorgeous! (Love the chain, too. Yours?)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it, and dont think the negative space will be noticable IRL. But if it bothers you when you get it then definitely reach out to them

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I like it as is and don’t think I’d like it ‘filled in’ with metal.
I don’t feel strong enough about it to ask them to redesign it, but others may.
I think it looks gorgeous! (Love the chain, too. Yours?)

Ok I love it and I agree I think the space is fine. I think over thought it. And I love the chain! David chose that chain so I shall go with his expertise. I was worried about the chain but it's good to hear you think it goes. Thanks for your input @Rfisher

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I love it, and dont think the negative space will be noticable IRL. But if it bothers you when you get it then definitely reach out to them

Thanks @lovedogs you're so sweet I think it will be perfect and you're right if something isn't i can reach out.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love everything about it!!! Can’t wait to see neck shots! ❤️❤️❤️

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
What a beauty! How elegant it is looking on that chain! Great choice of chain, excellent craftmanship of the pendant.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
@elizat I took your wonderful suggestion and asked him for a heart. What do you think? You have excellent taste and I'm soo glad you suggested this.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
What a beauty! How elegant it is looking on that chain! Great choice of chain, excellent craftmanship of the pendant.

Thank you so much @Musia I feel very lucky to have gotten this gorgeous pear from @mrs-b and DK workmanship blows me away. I'm glad to hear you like the chain too! I was nervous when I first saw it but I am getting positive compliments and now I love it too!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE it! It's beautiful! And I love the chain.

Perfect, @bling_dream19. Absolutely perfect!

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I always adore pear shape as drop pendant or earrings :love::love:!
Yours just looks pretty & classy :lickout:
I am stretching my neck to wait impatiently for neck shots =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results