Pls Urgent advice required vanadium chrysoberyl

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
OTL|1488389440|4135224 said:
I will pay for that price if it's this color :angel:

Ummm Where can you find a chryso that colour??? :love:

puppyguts

Shiny_Rock
I do like the colour of the stone. I tend to buy a lot of green stones. I don't think it's too yellow. Its definately a different volour to all my other chrysoberyls. (Two colourless and a few yellow-green)

GIA report that it comes with states as a vanadium chrysoberyl. Which I'm happy with. Not sure about how much vanadium (?) is in the stone - like to gia report posted, i havnt seen that before.

Price has been very generously reduced to appx $1600/ct

And I'm frantically pulling money together to purchase. With current AU exchange rate will be about $6880+ import fees. Will make for a nice 20th anniversary (not marriage but dating lol) pendant I think. Originally wanted as a ER upgrade but DH doesn't like the idea of a green ER. (Me rolls eyes) so pendant it is.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
puppyguts|1488521101|4135872 said:
I do like the colour of the stone. I tend to buy a lot of green stones. I don't think it's too yellow. Its definately a different volour to all my other chrysoberyls. (Two colourless and a few yellow-green)

GIA report that it comes with states as a vanadium chrysoberyl. Which I'm happy with. Not sure about how much vanadium (?) is in the stone - like to gia report posted, i havnt seen that before.

Price has been very generously reduced to appx $1600/ct

And I'm frantically pulling money together to purchase. With current AU exchange rate will be about $6880+ import fees. Will make for a nice 20th anniversary (not marriage but dating lol) pendant I think. Originally wanted as a ER upgrade but DH doesn't like the idea of a green ER. (Me rolls eyes) so pendant it is.

That's great. I liked the color too and in my opinion the rarity and perfection in cut and size make up for it not being more blue.

Tell him it'll be a pendant. Save up a year or two for AVC diamond sides and then put it in an e ring. He'll get over it. Lol.

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have the mint tsavorites, yellow green chrysoberyls, and the vanadium chrysoberyls in smaller stones (less than or a little over a carat). My vanadiums are very small (I got it in a lot composed of 5 small stones under a carat), and a couple of them appears to be the same color as subject stone (at least from my screen). The vanadium chrysoberyl is different from the usual yellow green chrysoberyl. The stones are very bright, more like demantoid rather than light green tsavorites. Mine are from Ceylon, got it directly at the mining town, so a couple of stones got significant chromium and difficult to photograph as it photographs as grayish purple.

Very rare stone, more so over 3 carats...Vanadium chrysoberyl prices about a couple of years ago are around US$700-1000/carat.....but these stones are hard to come by so no idea of current pricing. All I know is these stones, even without the bluish tone, are really beautiful IRL.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I were to get one, I wouldn't settle for anything other than a really great example of its kind with the blue modifier that makes it so rare.

austinj

Shiny_Rock
It certainly doesn't hurt to bring it in and have a look at it! I am super excited to see pics of it if you decide to get it. So I will just wait here very impatiently while you decide. :whistle:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see how this works out. I'm glad he dropped the price for you. What a great 20th anniversary gift. :D

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to find out if you've received the stone yet and your thoughts! I hope it's everything you thought and please post more pics!

puppyguts

Shiny_Rock
It will be a few months before I pay it off. I'll post pics when I have them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results