shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Verify if Good Price

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

slinky

Rough_Rock
Have never purchased or priced yellow diamonds, but while on vacation in the Caribbean, we purchased a platinum/22k gold ring for my wife with a 2.3ct. VVS2 fancy light yellow radiant cut center stone (GIA certified) @ 2 bullet cut VVS2 natural diamonds (color F-G)w/total ct. weight of .77 side diamonds (1 on each side) @ a price of $14,000. Do you think this was a good price?

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
the price is ok,BUt...I think you could have gotten a fancy yellow which is more intense, for that price!!(not fly).they probably mounted it in a 22 carat yellow gold head in order to enhance the color.
that ring should have been around 11,000.00,here in the states!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The ring sounds beautiful. The 22k gold head...won't it be too soft for everyday wear? I would worry about a pricey diamond set into such a soft metal, hopefully experts can chime in?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds good to me: perhaps not a bargain, but surely a decent price one may expect. The color of the stone could already be close to "fancy yellow" - who knows?

This would not be the first ring with 22k gold used from the prongs of a fancy yellow I ever hear about. This is obviously not the most mainstream choice for the most enduring ring: it is farely easy to bend some thick gold wire (such as the prongs) once one tries to do exactly that. IS it likely that the ring will get misstreated? If it is suposed to endure gardening, workouts and what not, maybe the whole scenario should be changed to a bezel setting! For an ocasional wear ring, all is well, in my view.

MarciaB

Rough_Rock
Congrats on your purchase!

On what island did you buy? Did you shop around at all???

I too was in the carribean last week, and was admiring a yellow diamond ring, but we did not purchase ): Had done a little research here at home, but didn't feel I really knew enough or seen enough to buy. But after looking around on the internet today it seemed like a pretty good deal.

I did not see the GIA cert, but am thinking of emailing and asking them for a copy. It was stated as a 2.54 fancy yellow, with 8 1.11 f-g radiants, four on each side,in a platnum setting. It was a spectaclar setting..They were asking 15,500,
but would go lower if we got serious.

HAve you previously bought expensive jewelry in the carribean. I was a little nervous, but am having second thoughts as it was a stunning ring.

slinky

Rough_Rock
We purchased the ring at Princess World Jewelers located on St. Thomas. We have purchased several (4) pieces of tanzinite jewelry from them over the years and have always been happy with the quality and price, so although we had no knowledge of yellow diamonds, when they showed us the ring we felt fairly comfortable trusting them. After returning home and checking with several of the larger local jewelers (most of the smaller jewelers in our area do not even have any yellow diamonds), we did find that we purchased the ring at a fairly good deal. I was told by one jeweller that at his cost, the ring would be $12,800, so, since I realize there is no way Princess would sell us the ring at their cost, I think we made out ok.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results