shape
carat
color
clarity

Please tell me if the diamond is setting too low.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arcam

Rough_Rock
"that sounds like an overly inflated appraisal value"

given the 1.61 E Si2 specs, a 34K appraisal appears out of line. It might make you feel like you got a great deal, but there is no reason to pay 2-3x the insurance cost because of the appraisal.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2006 1:46:05 PM
Author: Arcam
''that sounds like an overly inflated appraisal value''

given the 1.61 E Si2 specs, a 34K appraisal appears out of line. It might make you feel like you got a great deal, but there is no reason to pay 2-3x the insurance cost because of the appraisal.

I agree...

Londonchris

Rough_Rock
Pleased to hear the all clear with the setting.
Guess it`s just a different way of doing things which is ok as long as it works!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sorry, but those prongs look strange to me. I would be afraid they would catch on things. Even if the stone is safe, is there a way for them to put the prong ends over the stone and round them down? Iw would ask them to do that just from an esthetic perspective.

rockbie

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/14/2006 1:46:05 PM
Author: Arcam
''that sounds like an overly inflated appraisal value''

32K plus tax Canadian works out to be approx 27k US.
I feel the same way. Insurance don''t care for how much you pay for. They only go by the the appraisal and the appraisal has tobe done by a certified gemologist.(I did try for a second appraisal but not much different only 1K) . So I have no choice but looking for the best price for insurance.
My friend lives in Virginia. Her ring is 1.31 E/VVs1 with strong flour. she has it appraised at 32k us. So I don''t know how these gemologist get their prices from.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
can you ask the person doing the appraisal to give you a non-inflated one? you know, one that''s about the price you paid for the ring?

rockbie

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/14/2006 4:29:43 PM
Author: part gypsy
I''m sorry, but those prongs look strange to me. I would be afraid they would catch on things. Even if the stone is safe, is there a way for them to put the prong ends over the stone and round them down? Iw would ask them to do that just from an esthetic perspective.
HI pary gypsy,
That''s ok, They thought so too, that''s why I created this thread.
I did ask them, the jeweler who set my stone. And they told me these prongs are thicker and studier than the other kind of prongs that bend over the stone. The other jeweler that I went and asked for second opion last night told me the same, so I am not as worry as i was yesterday
1.gif
. I know it looked odd to me from the pictures too but in person it looks just fine. Ive been wearing it about a week now, doesn''t seem to catch on things.

rockbie

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/14/2006 5:40:43 PM
Author: mrssalvo
can you ask the person doing the appraisal to give you a non-inflated one? you know, one that''s about the price you paid for the ring?
MrsSalvo,
OK, I will call and ask him now.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
good luck rockbie, I hope it works out...

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Belle , as always you are so very observant on little details... It is exactlly as you said ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results