shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me your smaller diamond pendants!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s my daughter''s Whiteflash martini set .25. You can see the size without a bezel.

random 014 (2).jpg

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
EBree - I love your pendant - it''s the first time I''ve seen it!

twochicklets

Rough_Rock
Thank you MC and Mrs. M! I really admire both of your avatars as well!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2008 3:00:13 PM
Author: sweetlime
this is my .30 in a half-bezel setting.

I love the setting! It''s beautiful!

metro

Brilliant_Rock
All of you have such pretty pendants! I can''t wait to have one of my own! Please keep the pics coming!

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
ooo! your stone is pretty--it''s going to be soo pretty in a necklace
this is my OEC pendant made from one of my grgmother''s rings. I think it''s .40 center... and .13 added as a halo

NecFrontViewsmallerlea[1].jpg

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
these pics are old--- it was a little dirty--- this was pre-sonic
2.gif

your antique stone will be soo pretty! can''t wait to see what you decide to do
emthup.gif

blue353smallles[1].jpg

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
mine is about a .2 - it is a pre-PS purchase so the stone is a little wad of spit but it, plus my little speck of spit studs (i think they are about .1), were the first jewelry that FI purchased for me and so i love them. i am planning on replacing the stones gradually with OECs. i liked the design because it was the piece that was the most art deco-ish out of all of the jewelry in the store we went to.

the necklace is very light and delicate. my clasp tends to make its way down to the pendant at least two times a day which is annoying. remedy! - bigger diamond!!

this is a neck shot that is blurry and the pendant is not sitting straight but it gives you a sense of the proportion.

front_20080108.JPG

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
the chain is really nice. sad to say but it sparkles more than the diamond. it almost competes with my ering!

i don't know what style this chain is called - does anyone know? i asked at the jewelry store but they didn't even know [scratches head]

closer shot:

pendant_front_medium.JPG

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
another shot

pendant_front_small.JPG

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
last one - the back of the pendant

as you can see from the back, it is made out of two pieces.

pendant_back_medium.JPG

metro

Brilliant_Rock
UPDATE OF PENDANT PROJECT

So after thought, I decided that I wanted the bezel to have milgrain edging to give it that "vintage" feel. I wanted found one on the Stuller website that I thought would work well (even though it has a little more metal than what I had in mind). So with pic in hand, off I went to my jeweler for the hook-up. The amount for the setting, diamond cut chain and the work was $160 total. Cool!

So I was already to go when my jeweler had a last minute suggestion - since the diamond is already set in a little milgrain bezel, why not take it off the pin then solder on the chain? The cost - $50!
36.gif

So my wee OEC doesn''t have to leave it''s home - it''s just gonna have new surroundings! I get to pick it up Friday! I hope it turns out as pretty as I hope. The only worry I has is that it''s not a shiny as the new bezels since it''s older. Hopefully my jeweler will polish it up. Maybe I should call her.......

So what do you guys think? Did I make the right move?

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Blinkydoll - I am swooning over your OEC pendant. Beautiful!!!
30.gif

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/7/2008 9:36:24 PM
Author: blinkydoll
ooo! your stone is pretty--it''s going to be soo pretty in a necklace
this is my OEC pendant made from one of my grgmother''s rings. I think it''s .40 center... and .13 added as a halo

Blinky, I just realized that my pendant should turn out looking a lot like yours, expect much smaller and w/o the halo.

EEEEKKKK, I can''t wait until it''s finished!

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Hi metro,
I''m late to this thread, but I wanted to show a couple pics of my little diamond in a bezel pendant. This was a college graduation gift from my grandmother (pre-PS) so I have no specs on the little one... maybe .25ish? Also, metro, I think you made a great decision and I can''t wait to see your pics when it''s done!!

Jewelry 015_Small.jpg

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Horrific neck shot...

Jewelry 005_Small.jpg

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/16/2008 4:56:58 PM
Author: jfo
Horrific neck shot...
NO WAY IS THAT .25! My diamond measures 4.2mm across and with the thin bezel, close to 5mm. Yours is WAY bigger! Love the neck shot, btw!

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/16/2008 5:23:50 PM
Author: metro

Horrific neck shot...
NO WAY IS THAT .25! My diamond measures 4.2mm across and with the thin bezel, close to 5mm. Yours is WAY bigger! Love the neck shot, btw!
LOL, it''s the illusion of the bezel setting! I just measured it, and it''s just over 4mm across too... the bezel adds literally another 2mm. Thanks by the way!
2.gif

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/16/2008 5:36:18 PM

Date: 1/16/2008 5:23:50 PM
Author: metro

Horrific neck shot...
LOL, it''s the illusion of the bezel setting! I just measured it, and it''s just over 4mm across too... the bezel adds literally another 2mm. Thanks by the way!
2.gif
YAOWZA!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results