shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me your rounds with pear sides.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So my DH bought me a small diamond for our 40th anniversary. It's 1.1ct and I'm going back and forth about setting it as a soli, or setting it with pear sides.

Does anyone have any photos of a round with pear sides? I'd appreciate the help!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somehow I don't have a three-stone ring with pears, though coincidentally I've been thinking of doing a mini version with a 0.66ct super-ideal round I've got sitting around, inspired by Tiffany's -- I love how the Tiffany design doesn't smush all three stones together so the shape of the pear-cut diamonds are celebrated and highlighted even while the round is the star : https://www.tiffany.com/engagement/...pear-shaped-side-stones-in-platinum-GRP10897/

Screenshot 2023-08-17 at 8.23.07 AM.png

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somehow I don't have a three-stone ring with pears, though coincidentally I've been thinking of doing a mini version with a 0.66ct super-ideal round I've got sitting around, inspired by Tiffany's -- I love how the Tiffany design doesn't smush all three stones together so the shape of the pear-cut diamonds are celebrated and highlighted even while the round is the star : https://www.tiffany.com/engagement/...pear-shaped-side-stones-in-platinum-GRP10897/

Screenshot 2023-08-17 at 8.23.07 AM.png

@marymm -

I utterly agree with you! I want to see the orbs of the pears, rather than having them tucked in and under and having them look like triangles.

Here's a few photos of the round with pears I had years back. I loved this ring, but found the prongs too heavy and the center stone too warm. This was a .97 center, with a .4 and .42 pair of sides. My new ring would have a 1.1ct E SI1 in the center, and 2 x .33ct diamonds on the side.

It was made by WF, and the center diamond was cut by BGD. I actually really liked having larger pear sides; gave me nice finger coverage and an elegant kind of look.

Not sure where I'll end up. We'll see!

WF triple with pears.jpeg

WF triple with pears_2.jpeg

WF triple with pears_3.jpeg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bqueen2kt -

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely ring! Do you happen to know the stats? I'm struggling to get a sense of proportion.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I decided to go with the pears idea. I chose *these* the other day, and DH bought them to go either side of my 1.1ct E SI1 new diamond. He'll give me one for our anniversary in 2 weeks, and one for this Christmas. He'll have the setting done for my birthday next year, and give me the finished ring for our 40th anniversary next year, in precisely 54 weeks. (MAN, that sounds like a long way away!)

They're a reasonably substantial size, proportionately to the center stone, but I like the side-to-side stretch across my finger. When set, all three stones should be small enough to look elegant, without looking insubstantial.

Or, I hope it will. Maybe. We'll see. Fingers crossed!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_7510.jpeg
A gorgeous three stone ring I tried on at Tiffanys. The center stone was around 1.6 carats I believe.

Goodness me, that's gorgeous! You don't happen to remember the ctw of the sides, do you? It's a beauty!

P

Petalouda

Goodness me, that's gorgeous! You don't happen to remember the ctw of the sides, do you? It's a beauty!

I can't say with 100 percent certainty but I believe between .25-.3 carat each.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results