shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me your rounds with pear sides.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So my DH bought me a small diamond for our 40th anniversary. It's 1.1ct and I'm going back and forth about setting it as a soli, or setting it with pear sides.

Does anyone have any photos of a round with pear sides? I'd appreciate the help!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somehow I don't have a three-stone ring with pears, though coincidentally I've been thinking of doing a mini version with a 0.66ct super-ideal round I've got sitting around, inspired by Tiffany's -- I love how the Tiffany design doesn't smush all three stones together so the shape of the pear-cut diamonds are celebrated and highlighted even while the round is the star : https://www.tiffany.com/engagement/...pear-shaped-side-stones-in-platinum-GRP10897/

Screenshot 2023-08-17 at 8.23.07 AM.png

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somehow I don't have a three-stone ring with pears, though coincidentally I've been thinking of doing a mini version with a 0.66ct super-ideal round I've got sitting around, inspired by Tiffany's -- I love how the Tiffany design doesn't smush all three stones together so the shape of the pear-cut diamonds are celebrated and highlighted even while the round is the star : https://www.tiffany.com/engagement/...pear-shaped-side-stones-in-platinum-GRP10897/

Screenshot 2023-08-17 at 8.23.07 AM.png

@marymm -

I utterly agree with you! I want to see the orbs of the pears, rather than having them tucked in and under and having them look like triangles.

Here's a few photos of the round with pears I had years back. I loved this ring, but found the prongs too heavy and the center stone too warm. This was a .97 center, with a .4 and .42 pair of sides. My new ring would have a 1.1ct E SI1 in the center, and 2 x .33ct diamonds on the side.

It was made by WF, and the center diamond was cut by BGD. I actually really liked having larger pear sides; gave me nice finger coverage and an elegant kind of look.

Not sure where I'll end up. We'll see!

WF triple with pears.jpeg

WF triple with pears_2.jpeg

WF triple with pears_3.jpeg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bqueen2kt -

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely ring! Do you happen to know the stats? I'm struggling to get a sense of proportion.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I decided to go with the pears idea. I chose *these* the other day, and DH bought them to go either side of my 1.1ct E SI1 new diamond. He'll give me one for our anniversary in 2 weeks, and one for this Christmas. He'll have the setting done for my birthday next year, and give me the finished ring for our 40th anniversary next year, in precisely 54 weeks. (MAN, that sounds like a long way away!)

They're a reasonably substantial size, proportionately to the center stone, but I like the side-to-side stretch across my finger. When set, all three stones should be small enough to look elegant, without looking insubstantial.

Or, I hope it will. Maybe. We'll see. Fingers crossed!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_7510.jpeg
A gorgeous three stone ring I tried on at Tiffanys. The center stone was around 1.6 carats I believe.

Goodness me, that's gorgeous! You don't happen to remember the ctw of the sides, do you? It's a beauty!

P

Petalouda

Goodness me, that's gorgeous! You don't happen to remember the ctw of the sides, do you? It's a beauty!

I can't say with 100 percent certainty but I believe between .25-.3 carat each.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom -

I don't know how this got past me; I'm only just seeing it now. I was wondering if you have any idea what ctw the sides might have been? It sure is an elegant looking thing, isn't it!

I'm still thinking about this ring - going back and forth. Solitaire, 3 stone with round sides, 3 stone with pears... When a ring is a sentimental as this one, there's no end to the permutations, or the desire to get it 100% right!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom -

I don't know how this got past me; I'm only just seeing it now. I was wondering if you have any idea what ctw the sides might have been? It sure is an elegant looking thing, isn't it!

I'm still thinking about this ring - going back and forth. Solitaire, 3 stone with round sides, 3 stone with pears... When a ring is a sentimental as this one, there's no end to the permutations, or the desire to get it 100% right!

I think they were 45 points each. It’s been a while tho. Yes you’re right. Very elegant look. The proportions were quite lovely. The center is clearly the star.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
@Tonks -

Well THAT was a rabbit warren!! Two hours later and I now have about 15 things I want to buy from Leon!

That man's pieces tempt me like no other.

ETA Why does that sound so ...questionable??

ETA x 2 Steering right away from all jokes pertaining to having a great pair of...pears...

I’d say sorry … but I’m guessing it was a fun two hours!

Please share what 15 things you want to get from Leon! (And let me know if you want to be either enabled or discouraged from purchasing and I will tailor commentary accordingly.)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Starting to wobble on this project. The whole idea was for it to be not too large, but now I'm wondering if a ring with a ctw of less than 2 cts is going to just disappear on my finger.

Starting out on this project, I *specifically* wanted something not too large to complement my Leon eternity - which is made with 4pt melee. Now I'm just wondering if I've screwed the pooch on this one. I'm not entirely sure what that expression means, but it sure is representative of how I'm starting to feel....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results