shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me your rings w/3ct.+ centers!

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
I'd love to see rings(engagement, solitaire, right-hand ring.. any design) that have a center diamond of 3cts. and over. I'm not sure if there's already a thread like this but I haven't found one yet in the search function.

I'd also like specs(if known) and a note whether it was a 'starter' engagement ring, upgrade, "just because" treat, or inherited piece. Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately, I can't kick off this topic with a photo of my own. LOL! Maybe one day!
37.gif

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Hopefully, Lizzyd will post her new ring!!!!
10.gif
It''s been 24 hours, and no hand pics!!!! HURRY....
(Sorry, Kaylagee, I don''t have one to post,either!!
38.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Here''s Jennifer''s 3.01 H SI2

jennifer%20ring%20set%200205.JPG

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hi, Kaylagee!!

Here''s mine: I inherited this diamond from my mother. Dad bought it in the ''60s, apparently it was an estate piece, a solitaire, from the ''20s/''30s... I had it certified and remounted with ECs about ten years ago:

3.91 cts; E, VS1
Sides: 1.20cttw; E, F, VS1

I had this ring several years before I''d ever even heard of an "Asscher Cut"!

widget

0698.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh widget,
You lucky lucky girl!!! Ok let me die now cause it''s soooo pretty I might have a heart attack!!
30.gif
30.gif

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Widget, what a gorgeous ring!!!
36.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Kaleigh and Maxine!

I know how lucky I am...

It's funny...I had the stone remounted BEFORE I got hooked on talk forums (fora?), and if I had it to do over I'd do it differently. The stones sit quite high and the ring tends to "roll". Also, I would have picked asscher sides, had I known better...

Not complaining, though!
1.gif

widget

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Widget,
What are the sidestones?? The look like square emerald cuts?? I think the setting is amazing, so why does it roll, is it too big?? You should start a thread just for your amazing collection alone. It is one of the nicest I''ve seen and I''ve seen quite a bit.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
clutist,
I just adore your pear what size ring do you wear??

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/6/2005 8
6.gif
4:35 PM
Author: kaleigh
clutist,
I just adore your pear what size ring do you wear??
Size 3.75 (skinny fingers). That's one of the reasons I like a pear, its longer/more narrow (12.99mm x 7.93 mm) than a 3 ct 9.4mm RB would be.

FYI, websailor has got small hands too - size 7 (for our matching set of channel set diamond bands, I had to order a woman's size 6 then size up to a 7 because they would only size down from a standard men's size 10 by 2 sizes).

rms

Brilliant_Rock
we of course always love to see your pear cflutist.

But widget, were holding back on yours? It is gorgeous. How about some hand shots, or at least tell me what thread it was posted on before.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Widget - what a fabulous ring. It does look like the sides are asschers...are they ECs??

Cflutist - LOL about websailor''s ring...I have the opposite problem with DH that no one makes a men''s ring in a 13.5...they usually have to make a new one from scratch...can''t resize any of the current stock!!!

widget

Ideal_Rock

Author: kaleigh

What are the sidestones?? They look like square emerald cuts?? the setting...why does it roll...

I guess the sides are "squarish" emerald cuts, since the certs don''t say: "Square Emerald Cut". The ring wants to roll because of the "elevation" of the mounting. That "thingy" on the inside of the shank is supposed to help. Here''s pics...sorry about the "old" hand!
20.gif

Cflutist: Your ring is GORGEOUS!!!
3.gif
What are the dimensions of the pear? I bet it looks HUGE on your petite hands! Yum...

widget

854.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
6.gif
widget! you sneaky one! you never cease to amaze me........what a amazingly beautiful ring!
3.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Widget,
Have you thought about having it resized?? I thought they were square emerald cuts, just lovley. Thanks for the hand shot.
30.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/6/2005 8:46:26 PM
Author: widget
Cflutist: Your ring is GORGEOUS!!!
3.gif
What are the dimensions of the pear? I bet it looks HUGE on your petite hands! Yum...
One of the reasons I like a pear is because its longer/more narrow (12.99mm x 7.93 mm) than a 3 ct 9.4mm RB would be.

Widget, your ring is stunning as well. Love the E-VS1 combination.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/6/2005 7:39
6.gif
2 PM
Hi, Kaylagee!!

Here''s mine: I inherited this diamond from my mother. Dad bought it in the ''60s, apparently it was an estate piece, a solitaire, from the ''20s/''30s... I had it certified and remounted with ECs about ten years ago:

3.91 cts; E, VS1
Sides: 1.20cttw; E, F, VS1

I had this ring several years before I''d ever even heard of an ''Asscher Cut''!

widget
So Widget, I guess your love of estate/vintage jewelry was inherited!
I am totally in awe of the deco bracelets you''ve posted before and I think I''m the second to request this, but how about a post of all your amazing jewelry?! Your inherited diamond is amazing and I bet you''re "hiding" a few more pieces from us
3.gif
! I''d also love to know where you purchase the majority of your vintage jewelry...your taste is divine!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hi, fountainfairfax!

You''re so nice...yes, I have a few others I haven''t posted...but you must remember that I''m OLD and have been doing this for a long time!
20.gif
I''ll go post a few others on a new thread...but honestly...it''s sort of embarrassing!

I''m sort of crazy...
19.gif

widget

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that asscher ring is amazing! I don''t think I''ve seen it here before.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Nan, for posting my ring.
1.gif

Widget, that asscher is delicious!
30.gif
3.gif
1.gif

Christy42

Shiny_Rock
Widget! I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
that ring! Can you adopt me?
17.gif

Christy42

Shiny_Rock
Woo!....I like this thread.....Jennifer I think your wedding set is one of the most beautiful I''ve ever seen. And I used to not be a big fan of rounds. I''m coming around........

Firegoddess my husband has huge fingers too. 13 -13.5......Getting him a ring isn''t a run out to the store kind of thing either!

Cflutist, that is one awesome pear!

Ok, I''m going to bed now. I can''t play.........I''m only at 2.5 and I can''t stop salivating!
30.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
30.gif

Thanks so much girls! I''ve had an exhausting day but it''s great to check in here and see the lovelies! Please keep them coming!

(waves to Widget!)
35.gif

I''m trying to get to sleep early tonight... perchance to dream of giant gorgeous diamonds.
9.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/6/2005 9:51:36 PM

I'll go post a few others on a new thread...but honestly...it's sort of embarrassing!
This is PRICESCOPE, remember ? Being crazy about jewelry is not known around here
9.gif

Can you imagine what "crazy" means relative to Pricescope standards ???

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2005 2:54:28 AM
Author: valeria101

Date: 4/6/2005 9:51:36 PM

I'll go post a few others on a new thread...but honestly...it's sort of embarrassing!
This is PRICESCOPE, remember ? Being crazy about jewelry is not known around here
9.gif

Can you imagine what 'crazy' means relative to Pricescope standards ???

Holey smokes!!! I was away from the computer most of yesterday so I missed everything! These stones are all gorgeous!!!

Widget, that ring is stunning. Don't be embarrassed for posting pics of everything. We PS-ers cannot get enough!!! Just the other day I was feeling sillly posting picture after picture, but I was assured that we "won't get kicked of PS" for it.
31.gif
9.gif

DiamondLil

Christy42

Shiny_Rock
PJ, that is a huge, white J! Y''all have got to quit! I have to work! Stop please......Gorgeous ring.....I''ll bet it''s hard to drive.....I''ll bet it''s hard to do anything but stare at that.....I''ll bet it''s hard for anyone within miles of you to do anything but stare at that!
36.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
happy anniversary to you preciousjewel!!! that is one beautimous rock!!
3.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results