shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Show Me Your Emeralds

Ctwmn

Rough_Rock
Okay, ladies, please let's see those emeralds! :appl: :appl:

I have only a couple of stones left to set, and one is an emerald (emerald cut, just to be redundant about it) from Dana at Mastercut. It's a 5 x 7 Muzo mine stone, I bought it a couple of years ago, and I still haven't decided on a home for it. Please show me yours, and in a few months, I'll show you mine. :naughty:

This is also a great excuse for LD to unveil some of her lovelies, since she's reticent about starting her own threads. If she lived near me, I'd go and into her jewelry box . . . :cheeky: . . . sorry, drifted off there . . .

All emeralds welcome here, rings, earrings, round, square, whatever. They seem to do these kind of "show me your" threads in SMTB all the time, and it seems to work for them, lets see if we can get one going over here. :appl:

It's a rough and it's only an Emerald by day.........

voce

Ideal_Rock
PXL_20201124_171527085.jpg
My Russian emerald, which I haven't set yet, with hauyne, paraiba, and (Afghani) emerald melee stones. Along with a comparison against my other green gems.
PXL_20201103_015048681.jpg
PXL_20201102_201243544.jpg

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
So here is my latest. Only a couple hundred bucks and the saturation is poor but I previously had a hideous amethyst in this ring setting and never wore it so this is a definite improvement.

B94B8D42-25F2-4C73-8702-85893811823A.jpeg 35E6E9F5-D128-4E62-8737-EAABC0B1B655.jpeg 3578DA17-2855-4D25-B27B-764A5D1C12D8.jpeg 1DB85EDA-8916-4707-9535-995C7CC89278.jpeg 80C44DB3-B1B6-4FEA-B49A-A6D5DEC49793.jpeg E8CFBA56-3533-47EA-8FBB-2254A2229218.jpeg

GoldfishPie

Rough_Rock
Here is an emerald dump...

Emeralds are by far my favorite stone. I tend to like more translucent (not transparent) emeralds with a fair amount of blue tone.

First up - I bought this pear on LoupeTroop a long time ago and it sat in my jewelry box forever. I had my jeweler order a setting through Stuller.

IMG_2415.jpeg

This is a big one I bought from JR Colombian Emeralds. One of my favorites! I had it set in a custom setting made by JewelryHoo2 on eBay.
IMG_2416.jpeg
IMG_2418.jpeg

Next is an antique reproduction setting I bought from the Marlene Harris Collection with a dark, opaque emerald I bought from JR Colombian Emeralds. I love the marble-y look of this emerald. It is more of a grass green.

IMG_2421.jpg
IMG_2422.jpeg
IMG_2420.jpeg IMG_2419.jpeg

This is a 2.85 ct emerald crystal pendant I purchased from Laurie Donovan Designs. It is more transparent than I would like, but it's gorgeous on black.

IMG_2426.jpeg IMG_2425.jpeg

Last is a loose emerald I have yet to set. I bought it from Brett Kosnar on Etsy as KosnarGemCo. He and his wife are super friendly, and the emerald is gorgeous. I bought some moissanite trapezoids that I think I'm going to set this one with.

IMG_2428.jpeg
IMG_2430.jpeg
IMG_2429.jpeg

ItzLog

Rough_Rock
Is there a "hey ladies, show me your "I have no idea what kind of stones these are, but I love them anyhow" thread? lol

I'm having total emerald envy looking at these.

E

earthlinkjo

I selected this beautiful 3.69 emerald (everyone here is right, very hard to photograph and get the true color)... and had it custom set with trillion side stones. In my mind I wanted something ”classic”. I am unsure now. Are the side stones too much? Do they take away from the emerald? This ring is for everyday wear as a 4EE97276-BB17-43D0-849F-5A383E07499D.jpeg right hand ring. Thinking about having the side stones removed. :think:

Attachments

• A2E56AF3-FE86-4224-A8D7-D0DF157CB5EC.jpeg
    A2E56AF3-FE86-4224-A8D7-D0DF157CB5EC.jpeg
    230.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 9A1F352B-9FAF-46F9-B83E-F37729989D96.jpeg
    9A1F352B-9FAF-46F9-B83E-F37729989D96.jpeg
    248.3 KB · Views: 37
  • A654C1E1-1D19-4B3C-A1C0-B7E2A457F750.jpeg
    A654C1E1-1D19-4B3C-A1C0-B7E2A457F750.jpeg
    214.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 908379BE-358C-42D6-969D-0F64B420494B.jpeg
    908379BE-358C-42D6-969D-0F64B420494B.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 40

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I selected this beautiful 3.69 emerald (everyone here is right, very hard to photograph and get the true color)... and had it custom set with trillion side stones. In my mind I wanted something ”classic”. I am unsure now. Are the side stones too much? Do they take away from the emerald? This ring is for everyday wear as a 4EE97276-BB17-43D0-849F-5A383E07499D.jpeg right hand ring. Thinking about having the side stones removed. :think:

o_O:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I like it as it is, personally. The diamonds are much smaller than the emerald, on the side and clear so I don't think they take away from it. Nothing wrong with a little glam for daily wear!

E

earthlinkjo

I like it as it is, personally. The diamonds are much smaller than the emerald, on the side and clear so I don't think they take away from it. Nothing wrong with a little glam for daily wear!

Thank you for the vote of confidence! It is so nice to have you all to chat with about this and receive reassurance and opinions.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Side stones stay, keep the ring as it is.... or remove side stones? Would love opinions. Thanks!

Side stones are gorgeous with it. Reminds me of the emerald ring in the film, “Crazy Rich Asians.”

it’s seriously one of the most gorgeous emeralds I’ve ever seen in this forum.

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock

Incredible stone! So clean too (can’t seem to spot any inclusions), and so glowy! Any chance we could get some deets on it? Degree of treatment? Country of origin (Muzo Columbian?) Vendor?

lmyracle

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Love the bling of the diamonds with it. Gorgeous emerald!

When in doubt, bling it. :)

E

earthlinkjo

Incredible stone! So clean too (can’t seem to spot any inclusions), and so glowy! Any chance we could get some deets on it? Degree of treatment? Country of origin (Muzo Columbian?) Vendor?

Sure! First off, thank you to you and everyone who have replied for all the wonderful reassurance. My gem story is a little “interesting”...
I have had health issues set off by Lyme disease for a few years. It may sound a little nutty, but when you are trying to heal from a chronic illness, such as Lyme, it is not unusual to try “anything” to improve or regain your health. Within the last year two separate Vedic (Jyotish) astrologers have strongly advised I wear an emerald based off things they are seeing in my specific chart. I ignored the idea the first time (emeralds are pricey and so is having custom jewelry made!) but, I decided to do it after being advised a second time and from a second astrologer. Maybe there is something to it? I was told that energetically lab created emeralds are fine, as molecule for molecule the structure is exactly the same as a natural one. Also, for energy medicine purposes a very specific color and clarity are needed... as clear, clean, deep and rich in green color as possible. This, for me, was easier to obtain with a lab created gem. Vedic astrological gemstones are interesting as they must be worn on a specific finger, set in a specific metal and the stone must be mounted so that it lightly touches the skin at all times. You also have to “test” the gemstone first to see if it is a good or bad stone energetically for you. I had to sleep with it taped to my wrist for three nights. Good sleep and dreams means a good stone, bad sleep and bad dreams mean try another stone. It was a process for sure! My stone is a lab crated Chatham trademarked stone (you can find out more about them and their website online) and the jeweler I worked with who can order the Chatham emeralds is David Thorpe. His business line is Phone: (510) 214-3063.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
Sure! First off, thank you to you and everyone who have replied for all the wonderful reassurance. My gem story is a little “interesting”...
I have had health issues set off by Lyme disease for a few years. It may sound a little nutty, but when you are trying to heal from a chronic illness, such as Lyme, it is not unusual to try “anything” to improve or regain your health. Within the last year two separate Vedic (Jyotish) astrologers have strongly advised I wear an emerald based off things they are seeing in my specific chart. I ignored the idea the first time (emeralds are pricey and so is having custom jewelry made!) but, I decided to do it after being advised a second time and from a second astrologer. Maybe there is something to it? I was told that energetically lab created emeralds are fine, as molecule for molecule the structure is exactly the same as a natural one. Also, for energy medicine purposes a very specific color and clarity are needed... as clear, clean, deep and rich in green color as possible. This, for me, was easier to obtain with a lab created gem. Vedic astrological gemstones are interesting as they must be worn on a specific finger, set in a specific metal and the stone must be mounted so that it lightly touches the skin at all times. You also have to “test” the gemstone first to see if it is a good or bad stone energetically for you. I had to sleep with it taped to my wrist for three nights. Good sleep and dreams means a good stone, bad sleep and bad dreams mean try another stone. It was a process for sure! My stone is a lab crated Chatham trademarked stone (you can find out more about them and their website online) and the jeweler I worked with who can order the Chatham emeralds is David Thorpe. His business line is Phone: (510) 214-3063.

Thank you for taking the time to share your amazing story and I wish you lots of good vibes your way and that your health continues to improve.

The emerald is gorgeous (I much prefer a lab created beauty than a humdrum non-lab emerald), and I love the elegant setting.

E

earthlinkjo

Side stones are gorgeous with it. Reminds me of the emerald ring in the film, “Crazy Rich Asians.”

it’s seriously one of the most gorgeous emeralds I’ve ever seen in this forum.

It does! Ha! That wasn’t planned, but I love it. While searching for info about the movie’s ring I found this article about it... turns out it is the actress‘s actual engagement ring that she herself designed. Great story! https://www.theknotnews.com/crazy-rich-asians-emerald-ring-32686

DF47AB3E-7969-4C76-AE87-90BFD5741FF0.jpeg .

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock

SO fascinating! And a beautiful ring! I hope it is bringing you good health & happiness : )
Thank you for sharing your story and your new beauty here.

lindy520

Rough_Rock
Posting a recent purchase; still working on setting. Columbian (Chivor) 1.29, no treatment. Have learned SO MUCH from all of you, so had to post. The color is more like the first photo. I am posting photos of the stone in both white and yellow gold because the color effect of the gold was remarkable!

20201222_151834[1].jpg 20201216_130109[1].jpg 20201216_124620[1].jpg 20201216_124532.jpg

budmanbudman10

Rough_Rock
Posting a recent purchase; still working on setting. Columbian (Chivor) 1.29, no treatment. Have learned SO MUCH from all of you, so had to post. The color is more like the first photo. I am posting photos of the stone in both white and yellow gold because the color effect of the gold was remarkable!

20201222_151834[1].jpg 20201216_130109[1].jpg 20201216_124620[1].jpg 20201216_124532.jpg

Wow this stone is INCREDIBLE! Can I ask who you bought it from? I'm looking myself :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found I wasn’t wearing my solitaire much anymore as it wasn’t as loud as the rest of my rings. I have been loving those Jemma Wynne style moi et toi style rings but I will not unset my diamond. I think her setting is *chefs kiss* perfection. So instead I made her a little tiara topper for a laid back combo to make her a little bit louder.
84762C9B-3562-44A1-95B6-A83EC6731370.jpeg

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
I found I wasn’t wearing my solitaire much anymore as it wasn’t as loud as the rest of my rings. I have been loving those Jemma Wynne style moi et toi style rings but I will not unset my diamond. I think her setting is *chefs kiss* perfection. So instead I made her a little tiara topper for a laid back combo to make her a little bit louder.
84762C9B-3562-44A1-95B6-A83EC6731370.jpeg

This is a great combo and I love the emerald cabochon ring—is it a ready-to-wear piece or did you design it?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results