shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me your Crafted by Infinity diamond....

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! BREATHTAKINGINLY Beautiful.. CBI's are perfect! love this stone.. congratulations, Wink and his team are wonderfu people it always seems to me anyway. Beautiful stone, can't wait to see it set.

Just got my first video of my custom cut CBI diamond from Wink and Layla. I ordered and paid for a 3.10 carat G VS2. I received a 3.13 carat G VS1. The price went up 13k+ and I had to pay $0.00 of the increase. That's how it works with custom cuts. I'm kinda getting why Wink loves his job; always passing on good news to his clients.

Now there's no guarantee that will happen with every custom cut, but they always guarantee what you pay for.

Hoping I attach the video properly.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
My necklace is finally done, so I'm adding 7 more CBIs to this thread. :lol: The center is a 1.25 J VS1, surrounded by 6 smaller CBIs ranging from .36 to .42, H - J, VS stones. I'll be receiving it today and can't believe it'll finally be here.

DKJPV19_05_31_PNDT_ 51420 -- 5.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just got my first video of my custom cut CBI diamond from Wink and Layla. I ordered and paid for a 3.10 carat G VS2. I received a 3.13 carat G VS1. The price went up 13k+ and I had to pay $0.00 of the increase. That's how it works with custom cuts. I'm kinda getting why Wink loves his job; always passing on good news to his clients.

Now there's no guarantee that will happen with every custom cut, but they always guarantee what you pay for.

Wow @hypermom I call that a fantastic free
upgrade!!! It’s stunning :love:

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
WOW! BREATHTAKINGINLY Beautiful.. CBI's are perfect! love this stone.. congratulations, Wink and his team are wonderfu people it always seems to me anyway. Beautiful stone, can't wait to see it set.
I’m a little excited myself. The HPD team has not disappointed me at all thus far!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

@hypermom Congratulations, your CBI is magnificent :love:

I can't wait to see it in July.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My necklace is finally done, so I'm adding 7 more CBIs to this thread. :lol: The center is a 1.25 J VS1, surrounded by 6 smaller CBIs ranging from .36 to .42, H - J, VS stones. I'll be receiving it today and can't believe it'll finally be here.

DKJPV19_05_31_PNDT_ 51420 -- 5.jpg

Gosh this is so beautiful. I look forwards to seeing it in July.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Gosh this is so beautiful. I look forward to seeing it in July.
Thank you Cheryl! I'm really looking forward to seeing all of your beauties too, especially your bracelets and your amazing lower colored stone. I don't think you have enough fingers to wear all of your CBIs at once!! :lol::lol::lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful stone! :love: and congrats on the free clarity upgrade from CBI. :clap::clap:

CheeSauce

Shiny_Rock
This is gorgeous! What setting is this?

Thank you! It’s a custom setting called the Jocelyn setting from HPD. I don’t think it is on their website yet but it’s on their Instagram! I really like how delicate it is and open it is. Also allows bands to sit flush! :P2

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I can't wait to add my photos to this thread! My husband and I have a custom cut ordered and it is being cut as I type. I'm working with Layla to design a custom setting (it will be similar to the Jocelyn that CheeSauce posted but tweaked a bit. CheeSauce - I actually saw your ring when I visited HPD in May, it is BEAUTIFUL in person!!!). It is a little complicated because I am working abroad this summer (husband is home in the US working). Everyone at CBI is trying so hard. I log on here and peek at other people's CBI's and it just makes my excitement build. I feel like a kid on the countdown to Christmas! I'll probably get to see the ring by the end of the summer when my wonderful husband comes to pick me up. My summer work is very grueling, long hours and lots of learning (plus its very physical work). So having this treat to look forward to when my work is over for the summer is getting me through! Hip hip hurray for CBI! (And for an awesome husband!!)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to add my photos to this thread! My husband and I have a custom cut ordered and it is being cut as I type. I'm working with Layla to design a custom setting (it will be similar to the Jocelyn that CheeSauce posted but tweaked a bit. CheeSauce - I actually saw your ring when I visited HPD in May, it is BEAUTIFUL in person!!!). It is a little complicated because I am working abroad this summer (husband is home in the US working). Everyone at CBI is trying so hard. I log on here and peek at other people's CBI's and it just makes my excitement build. I feel like a kid on the countdown to Christmas! I'll probably get to see the ring by the end of the summer when my wonderful husband comes to pick me up. My summer work is very grueling, long hours and lots of learning (plus its very physical work). So having this treat to look forward to when my work is over for the summer is getting me through! Hip hip hurray for CBI! (And for an awesome husband!!)

Very excited for you! What is the expected carat weight of the diamond?

CheeSauce

Shiny_Rock

I am so excited to see your tweaks!! I absolutely love my setting and HPD was so great about ensuring that the design fit the criteria important to me (that the wedding band would sit flush and the setting would have an open, airy, and delicate look.) It was more beautiful in person than the photos. I know you will love your setting the same way and I can't wait to see it!!

I have actually started a few new projects with Layla (it’s like pringles... once you pop you just can't stop) so I will hopefully have some additional photos to add end of summer as well.

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Very excited for you! What is the expected carat weight of the diamond?

We've ordered a 2.5 ct, D, high VS1.

For color, I am a "superseer." Not sure if it is a blessing or a curse, LOL. (You should see how long it takes me to decide on a paint color for our living room walls! Thank goodness I have a patient husband!)

I am a professional artist and I work with fine nuances of color all day. Also, I come from a family of "superseers" (I think there is a genetic component.) The world is just louder to us visually. Before I went diamond shopping in a serious way, I thought I'd probably need to buy a G or above. Well, it turns out, after sitting down at multiple diamond stores, including WhiteFlash and HPD (yes, I visited both in person) I CAN tell the gradations between D, E, F and so on down the line. They are loud and clear to me. I wish they weren't, but they are. Even from across a a crowded restaurant table, even under incandescent lights. You may not believe me, but its true. Sit me down with a line of diamonds and I can line them up in color order fairly quickly. Plus, my skin tone is very pale with a tad of pink, so anything with even a smidgen of yellow in it does not look good on my hand. I like glowing, icy white. I'd gladly trade down in carat weight to get my lovely, ice queen D.

The high VS1 is a mind clean thing.

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I am so excited to see your tweaks!! I absolutely love my setting and HPD was so great about ensuring that the design fit the criteria important to me (that the wedding band would sit flush and the setting would have an open, airy, and delicate look.) It was more beautiful in person than the photos. I know you will love your setting the same way and I can't wait to see it!!

I have actually started a few new projects with Layla (it’s like pringles... once you pop you just can't stop) so I will hopefully have some additional photos to add end of summer as well.

Your ring (both setting and stone) are gorgeous, I'm so glad you are happy with them! It does look light and airy, I saw it in person and can vouch for that! Wink was very proud of it when he showed it to me. (And just so you know, we looked at it but didn't touch! You are the first one to touch it other than the person who made it!)

Love your analogy to Pringles LOL! I can definitely see how this process is addicting (in a good way.) In a few years time, once I replenish my savings, I'd absolutely love to order a solitaire pendant that matches my ring (in color and clarity) but smaller in size. Would love to eventually get a set (ring, pendant and earrings!) I can dream, right?!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

Mine. :kiss2: Just one example of the awesome light performance. Cannot get over it.

Please excuse the background chatter, I was in a queue at Alton Towers. :roll2:

That's gorgeous!!! Love how it sparkles!

What size is it? (Hope you don't mind me asking.) It looks absolutely perfect on your hand!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's 2.075 carats. :geek2: The pavé is 2mm wide. Thank you. It's glorious. My ring size is J and a half - don't know how that translates to other ring size charts.

Lykame it is indeed perfect on your hand. The stone is magnificent and I’m in love with your setting. I’m going to try to find your SMTB. Your video is a spectacular way to visualize the amazing light show of a CBI cut. Thank you for sharing!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring (both setting and stone) are gorgeous, I'm so glad you are happy with them! It does look light and airy, I saw it in person and can vouch for that! Wink was very proud of it when he showed it to me. (And just so you know, we looked at it but didn't touch! You are the first one to touch it other than the person who made it!)

Love your analogy to Pringles LOL! I can definitely see how this process is addicting (in a good way.) In a few years time, once I replenish my savings, I'd absolutely love to order a solitaire pendant that matches my ring (in color and clarity) but smaller in size. Would love to eventually get a set (ring, pendant and earrings!) I can dream, right?!
We've ordered a 2.5 ct, D, high VS1.

For color, I am a "superseer." Not sure if it is a blessing or a curse, LOL. (You should see how long it takes me to decide on a paint color for our living room walls! Thank goodness I have a patient husband!)

I am a professional artist and I work with fine nuances of color all day. Also, I come from a family of "superseers" (I think there is a genetic component.) The world is just louder to us visually. Before I went diamond shopping in a serious way, I thought I'd probably need to buy a G or above. Well, it turns out, after sitting down at multiple diamond stores, including WhiteFlash and HPD (yes, I visited both in person) I CAN tell the gradations between D, E, F and so on down the line. They are loud and clear to me. I wish they weren't, but they are. Even from across a a crowded restaurant table, even under incandescent lights. You may not believe me, but its true. Sit me down with a line of diamonds and I can line them up in color order fairly quickly. Plus, my skin tone is very pale with a tad of pink, so anything with even a smidgen of yellow in it does not look good on my hand. I like glowing, icy white. I'd gladly trade down in carat weight to get my lovely, ice queen D.

The high VS1 is a mind clean thing.

Should be a real beauty - can’t wait to see it! Color sensitivity just is what it is and I am glad that you were able to get the color that makes your heart sing!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Lykame it is indeed perfect on your hand. The stone is magnificent and I’m in love with your setting. I’m going to try to find your SMTB. Your video is a spectacular way to visualize the amazing light show of a CBI cut. Thank you for sharing!

Aww that's really kind! :oops2::geek2::kiss2:

I remember being so inspired by other people's videos of their CBI diamond(s). I specifically remember a video @cflutist posted. The light show was this roiling beauty. And there I was, in that queue, and there was my CBI, a roiling beauty. I had to capture it.

Thank you - there is an SMTB thread! :mrgreen2: I would link it but the setting is undergoing a little modification. I'm due to get it back this Friday so I am super excited! I think it's going to be perfect. Once it is I will likely make a new SMTB thread and post more pictures in this thread too. :geek2:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found out late last night that I had a small increase in cash flow so what did I do? Lol yes, I bought a small CBI. I bought the .64 I vs2 and am making a small solitaire. https://www.hpdiamonds.com/en-us/diamonddetail/HPD10392

Going cheap as possible until the diamond tells me what it wants to be. :mrgreen2:

14k white gold Stuller scroll cathedral setting (span peg shank) https://www.stuller.com/products/sh...onType=recommendation&recommendationId=198001

With the solstice peg head: https://www.stuller.com/products/20604/?groupId=11025&recommendationSource=SiteSearch

29960DF0-5194-445B-B8B3-5101637EC1AD.jpeg CCDE5E5F-45E3-4254-A920-512946507F8A.jpeg 3C1A3B0A-E8C2-46DE-A220-9A282B480DA7.jpeg

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@RunningwithScissors I am also a superseer, so I am interested to see how I feel about the I color. I’ve been trying to learn and feel and understand that I is not better or worse than D, but I have traditionally felt that when I look at a K it’s nice and pretty and basically white, but in my mind I want it to be whiter. I do love the bright white of a D.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If anyone has a CBI I color, I would love to hear your thoughts on it’s mood, etc. I once bought my daughter a GIA I color for a pendant and unset all I could see was yellow, but then I had it in a gem jar and I saw it in the evening and the light hit it just right and I thought it was beautifully amazing.

I have a good feeling about a CBI I color.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results