shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me your Bella or Stephanie Halo ring

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
I have tried the search and haven't found much on these two settings. I saw one person with the Bella halo. I was hoping to see some more pictures if anyone has one of these settings. Thanks.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
20121013_124356.jpg
img2880-m.jpg
20130120_154035.jpg 20121013_120016.jpg

3.48 antique cushion in the Rose Gold/Plat Bella Halo.

The bella was one of my favorite rings! I really adore rose gold. :)

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
That's beautiful, I like how you have with he two colors of metal. Do you feel like the rose gold works well as an everyday ring? I don't think I would like a completely rose gold setting, but I have been liking the two tone with the rose gold. There is just something about it that is so pretty.

Thanks for posting your photos.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
I loved my two-tone bella, it was consistently a conversation piece as it is so unusual. Honestly, I find that wearing rose gold as an everyday item is related more to skin complexion than anything else. 90% of my jewelry is rose gold (I have an addiction, I admit it) while the rest is heavily platinum and then I have 2 yellow gold pieces.

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
I mostly wear white gold but I do have one small band in rose gold. I think my dh has influenced me too much on the rose gold. He always says rose gold is just gold with more copper in it whenever it is mentioned. I'm not sure the point there.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the Stephanie halo and love it! I am a bezel fanatic though. Mine is platinum.

_23856.jpg

_23857.jpg

_294.jpeg

image__5_3.jpeg

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for posting your Stephanie. I had seen it once and then I couldn't find it again. I don't know what I had put in the search. They are both such beautiful settings.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Rena7 said:
I mostly wear white gold but I do have one small band in rose gold. I think my dh has influenced me too much on the rose gold. He always says rose gold is just gold with more copper in it whenever it is mentioned. I'm not sure the point there.

He does realize that white gold is also an alloy as gold is naturally yellow, right? Both WG and RG will have the same percentage of gold in it in the same karat range, it's not like they fill it with more than the allowable ratio with other substantances. I would for for whatever makes your heart sing, but I also typically like engagement rings that aren't the norm.

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
Resonance.Of.Life|1415249429|3778392 said:
Rena7 said:

He does realize that white gold is also an alloy as gold is naturally yellow, right? Both WG and RG will have the same percentage of gold in it in the same karat range, it's not like they fill it with more than the allowable ratio with other substantances. I would for for whatever makes your heart sing, but I also typically like engagement rings that aren't the norm.

He does know that, I am really not sure what his point is. He really likes yellow gold. I like things a little different as well which is why I have been looking at these pretty halos. I was not really interested in halos before, they are pretty but three people I work with have halo engagement rings.

I've thought about doing a rose gold ring, but I'm not really sure how to tell if it looks good on me. I know white gold is better for me than yellow so I thought a hint of rose might be better. I love when I get the hint of rose from my stacking band.

Rena7

Shiny_Rock

redcoffe

Rough_Rock
Trade
I love when I get the hint of rose from my stacking band.

lebwhite

Rough_Rock
My daughter received a modified Bella last week. It is beautiful. It has the Bella head, minus the shoulders with the Frankie band which is all set with diamonds. It is outstanding. I only have 2 pictures of it from my iPhone while still in the box.

_23925.jpg

_23926.jpg

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
That's a beautiful ring. What a great idea to do the bella head and frankie band. Congratulations to your daughter.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Rena7|1415277028|3778470 said:
Resonance.Of.Life|1415249429|3778392 said:
Rena7 said:

He does know that, I am really not sure what his point is. He really likes yellow gold. I like things a little different as well which is why I have been looking at these pretty halos. I was not really interested in halos before, they are pretty but three people I work with have halo engagement rings.

I've thought about doing a rose gold ring, but I'm not really sure how to tell if it looks good on me. I know white gold is better for me than yellow so I thought a hint of rose might be better. I love when I get the hint of rose from my stacking band.

Sorry, I didn't mean to come off as condescending but re-reading my post I realize I have that tone. That was not my intent. Do you know what stone you are using yet? I found that the color of the setting can affect the perceived color of the diamond too.

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
You don't need to apologize to me, I was not the least bit upset by your post. It seemed fine to me.

I am thinking of using my .87 AVC K. I have tried liking it as a solitaire, but I just don't think I am the solitaire type.

I have been looking at your threads for both of your bella rings and they look both looked beautiful. There was one poster that seemed to think a cushion in the bella was too much a square peg in a round hole. Did you find this to be a problem? I'm guessing not since you had the ring made twice. I just tend to be a worry wart. My AVC to me looks more like a fat round then a square so I don't really think of it as a square very much.

I appreciate your help, you have very good taste in jewelry.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, whew! :) That is a relief.

Honestly, it was not an issue at all having a cushion in the bella. I found that the bella beautifully outlined the cushion (I did have my halo angled slightly though to avoid the "UFO" look). I know it is hard to picture the bella with a cushion but I am certain that LAD can show you previous cads of cushions in the bella as I am sure that I was not the only one who had one made for a cushion :)

Thank you for your very kind words :angel:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, both are such stunning designs with a vintage look :love:
Is this for your AVC Rena? I am still drooling over your beautiful set with solitaire and bands. 8-)

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
Resonance.Of.Life|1415604333|3780465 said:
Oh, whew! :) That is a relief.

Honestly, it was not an issue at all having a cushion in the bella. I found that the bella beautifully outlined the cushion (I did have my halo angled slightly though to avoid the "UFO" look). I know it is hard to picture the bella with a cushion but I am certain that LAD can show you previous cads of cushions in the bella as I am sure that I was not the only one who had one made for a cushion :)

Thank you for your very kind words :angel:

Your ring does look beautiful in the pictures, I just read that comment and then started to wonder. I have talked to Erica about it a little bit and when I mentioned that I had an AVC she certainly didn't say anything about it being a problem.

Don't worry, I always give my dh a weird look when he starts to talk about rose gold. I still don't know what his point is.

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
Acinom|1415612147|3780486 said:
Ah, both are such stunning designs with a vintage look :love:
Is this for your AVC Rena? I am still drooling over your beautiful set with solitaire and bands. 8-)

Yes, it would be for my AVC. I still am so surprised that someone on pricescope would like something I have so much. I appreciate your comments and it does make me think about whether I do just want to keep it as a solitaire. I see so many pretty pieces on here and mine are so much smaller and plainer. I really do appreciate the compliment. :wavey:

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
Resonance.Of.Life and Redwood, did either of you ask to have the setting raised so that you could wear a band with it or is the height you have it at the normal height? It looks like with the Stephanie that Redwood has the bands fit closer to the ring. It could just be the pictures though.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Rena7 said:
Resonance.Of.Life and Redwood, did either of you ask to have the setting raised so that you could wear a band with it or is the height you have it at the normal height? It looks like with the Stephanie that Redwood has the bands fit closer to the ring. It could just be the pictures though.

I did not, but then again I do like the look of a slight gap between the wb and the e-ring. Too, you must think of the gallery and how far up the diamond would sit if you wanted to accomplish a flush fit with a regular band. If that is a concern, just speak to Erica, she was very helpful in the making of both of my Bellas (and I still really do love the Bella, it is my favorite setting thus far). That's the benefit of also having a CAD done, you can see the differences side by side.

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
Resonance.Of.Life|1415817822|3782092 said:
Rena7 said:

I did not, but then again I do like the look of a slight gap between the wb and the e-ring. Too, you must think of the gallery and how far up the diamond would sit if you wanted to accomplish a flush fit with a regular band. If that is a concern, just speak to Erica, she was very helpful in the making of both of my Bellas (and I still really do love the Bella, it is my favorite setting thus far). That's the benefit of also having a CAD done, you can see the differences side by side.

I don't really mind a bit of a gap. I would prefer that to the ring sitting up too high. I really love the gallery on it as well. I've bugged Erica a few times already so I am trying not to drive her crazy this soon. I still can't decide which style I like better or if I want to go with the rose gold or all white. I am not in any rush so I can think about it awhile.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Bella has always been one of my very favorite halos, and I love the Stephanie and new ones that Caysie has designed, too! They are all really perfect for antique style stones! I just wanted to say that I like a cushion every bit as much as a round in any of those settings.

In the Bella, I absolutely adore ROL's setting with the rose gold on the halo only. I am more of a platinum person, but the touch of rose gold enhances the ring perfectly, in my opinion! I hope to have a ring someday with that combination! I look forward to seeing what you choose!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, and one more I am considering is this one, also from Caysie (CVB Inspired Design on FB). More pics of this one on her fb page, including a bezel option. Some of these could be made more cushion shaped if you preferred that for your AVC, but I am thinking this one works better with a round.

_24074.jpg

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
emmebee|1415826763|3782201 said:
Hope I'm not intruding, but I just wanted to chime in and say those specific halos also remind me of Caysie's one at the link below:

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/232674183???

No your not intruding. That is a beautiful ring, it makes me think I could be converted back to yellow gold. Thanks for posting it.

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1415828742|3782226 said:
Oh, and one more I am considering is this one, also from Caysie (CVB Inspired Design on FB). More pics of this one on her fb page, including a bezel option. Some of these could be made more cushion shaped if you preferred that for your AVC, but I am thinking this one works better with a round.

That is a beautiful ring as well. I haven't checked out her facebook page I guess I should.

I agree that touch of rose gold on the ring is really pretty. I don't think I could do a complete rose gold look, but that tempts me.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1415828002|3782217 said:
The Bella has always been one of my very favorite halos, and I love the Stephanie and new ones that Caysie has designed, too! They are all really perfect for antique style stones! I just wanted to say that I like a cushion every bit as much as a round in any of those settings.

In the Bella, I absolutely adore ROL's setting with the rose gold on the halo only. I am more of a platinum person, but the touch of rose gold enhances the ring perfectly, in my opinion! I hope to have a ring someday with that combination! I look forward to seeing what you choose!

Rena:
Yup, DS is right, just having the halo is RG was just perfect with the platinum (could be with WG too, but I just happen to be allergic to WG).

Btw DS thank you for your kind words, the Bella is my favorite setting out of all the ones I've gotten too (and that is including my SS one in the bunch).

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
My husband and my daughter think I'm crazy, but this is what I did. I went to the LAD sight and copied pictures of both rings and then pasted them in word and shrunk them. Then I printed them out and cut the center where the diamond is out so that I could put my diamond in there. I think it was a brilliant idea. I was a bit surprised by my opinion after doing that. I found that while I loved the bella when I am looking at the pictures I loved the stephanie more with my diamond. I think it is the cushion shape of it instead of the round shape on the bella. That could have something to do with my buying a cushion shaped diamond as well. I printed out the bella in the white gold and their picture of the rose which I know isn't that accurate. I also think the diamond looked whiter with the pictures of it in the white metal. Now I guess I just need to see if I could afford to do it in platinum. Does anyone know what kind of white gold mix Erica uses?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results