shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me your backsplash...

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy that is a beautiful kitchen! love the chairs.. very modern.... the light! it's so cool... Hope all is well in the city/beach! chilly here in FL!!

@Tekate (((Hugs))) to you too and I am glad everything is going smoothly by you.:appl:

I am going to add another beach kitchen to this thread. Our dear friends who live only about 20 miles away from us at the beach (about a 90 minute bike ride haha) did their beach kitchen about a year ago. They also have a lovely apartment in Manhattan but I don't have photos of that. Next time. In the meantime here is their renovated beach kitchen. It has a quartzite island and countertops and is super modern. Not really my style but I love their kitchen for them. Look at that funky ceiling light. Love. And oh my look at all their cabinet space. Heaven.

lesandjeanettekitchen.jpeg

lesandjeanettekitchen.jpg

Isn't their quartzite island TDF. :love:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d stick with white in the bathroom, honestly, I’ve seen coloured bathroom sinks and they date really fast. Besides black shows lots of watermarks :D
I actually found something unique that will fit the bill. It's a spun glass bowl in a translucent gray, which fits both the color scheme and the feel of the bathroom, and we'll mount it so that the top half of the bowl is resting on the countertop. Super excited about it!

Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 1.03.56 PM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s lovely @ILikeShiny much nicer than a solid colour porcelain bowl. Just make sure you wipe it after each use, or you’ll get a lot of water marks on it =)2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually found something unique that will fit the bill. It's a spun glass bowl in a translucent gray, which fits both the color scheme and the feel of the bathroom, and we'll mount it so that the top half of the bowl is resting on the countertop. Super excited about it!

Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 1.03.56 PM.png

Beautiful bowl! What a great find.:love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok so Darrin was at our beach house this morning finishing details and replacing that lower cabinet door that the plumber’s guys damaged (took over 4 weeks to remake) and just texted new photos. Greg’s heading there tomorrow and will evaluate in person. So far so good.

F4AD8616-69CC-4F5B-96DB-EDAA84440869.jpeg EF8809F6-7343-469C-AD7B-C8EFDCD4C04F.jpeg 4B593CC0-CB6C-4437-A520-EEA63E014CC7.jpeg 8FDAE154-7168-4C6B-8006-D4AC23EC9D8D.jpeg 2747D8FC-1F6B-433E-AC9D-F713E634F395.jpeg 854B0F7B-CA02-48D1-84EA-A0ECC32EFC5B.jpeg

Thanks for joining me on this journey and I’m loving everyone sharing their thoughts and their renovation additions. So much fun seeing everyone’s projects developing and taking shape. :appl:

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s looking fantastic @missy, you’ll soon be able to enjoy your home again.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Missy, it looks absolutely beautiful!!! :love::love::love: I am so excited for you!!! :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, your kitchen looks fabulous. I can almost smell all the delicious food Greg will enjoy making there.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s looking fantastic @missy, you’ll soon be able to enjoy your home again.

Oh Missy, it looks absolutely beautiful!!! :love::love::love: I am so excited for you!!! :appl:

Missy, your kitchen looks fabulous. I can almost smell all the delicious food Greg will enjoy making there.

Aww thank you girls so much! You all were with me from the beginning and I am so grateful for your friendship and support. When it is completely finished Beach party and you're all invited. :dance: (((Hugs))).

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok so Darrin was at our beach house this morning finishing details and replacing that lower cabinet door that the plumber’s guys damaged (took over 4 weeks to remake) and just texted new photos. Greg’s heading there tomorrow and will evaluate in person. So far so good.

F4AD8616-69CC-4F5B-96DB-EDAA84440869.jpeg EF8809F6-7343-469C-AD7B-C8EFDCD4C04F.jpeg 4B593CC0-CB6C-4437-A520-EEA63E014CC7.jpeg 8FDAE154-7168-4C6B-8006-D4AC23EC9D8D.jpeg 2747D8FC-1F6B-433E-AC9D-F713E634F395.jpeg 854B0F7B-CA02-48D1-84EA-A0ECC32EFC5B.jpeg

Thanks for joining me on this journey and I’m loving everyone sharing their thoughts and their renovation additions. So much fun seeing everyone’s projects developing and taking shape. :appl:
Oh Missy, it looks fantastic!!! It came together beautifully. How will you ever leave there??!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Missy, it looks fantastic!!! It came together beautifully. How will you ever leave there??!!

Thank you so much @ILikeShiny. Haha well I admit when we are at the beach house I want to stay and hate leaving but when we are here in NYC I want to stay too and don't want to leave here either. So I guess I am easy in that wherever I am at the moment I am usually pretty content.:sun:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Looks really wonderful Missy... looking forward to seeing Greg's photo's too.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lots-o-pain but BIG gain! Let the sunshine in!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Looks really wonderful Missy... looking forward to seeing Greg's photo's too.

Thank you Kate! Hope all is continuing to go smoothly in your kitchen reno and looking forward to seeing your updates.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay I said I would put up on pix of what I'm doing in the kitchen, family room, dining room, foyer and mudroom/butler pantry/laundry area! :)

wallpaper for the dining room - Shang extra fine Sisal Smoke Wallpaper

sisel wall paper.jpg

granite: Himalayan White, it has some brown on it as I'm keeping the cherry stained cabinets.

himlayan white granite.jpg

Painting the kitchen, nook, family room, hallways
Benjamin Moore - Stone Hearth
stone hearth paint.jpg

So much for the start of my changes. :)

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Backsplash kitchen, grey, glass subway tile.

grey sub tile.jpg

kitchen cabinet knobs, grey glass

glass knob.jpg

Front Foyer light:

foyer lite.jpg

Dining room light:

dining lite.jpg

I will put up the new drapes and slipcover when I get home as I have to scan that. :)

I will post later the changes in the bar/laundry/mudroom area :)

it's a start @missy

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
last ones :)

the way they sort of are now.

kitchen:

old kitchen.jpg

old dining room:

old dining room.jpg

old family room:

old family room.jpg

mudroom/bar area old look:

mudroom bar area.jpg

This counter is going to be quartz - just like ILS's quartz, teal subway tiles, new lightening and knobs with teal glass in the middle decorater call's it my millenial room :)

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium

grey sub tile.jpg

I think these are the same tiles we're using in our guest bathrooms! They look great as your backsplash :clap:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's so fun to watch everyone's reno's coming together. I'm so ecstatic about how ours should turn out that waiting a year for its completion is going to be torturous!! Grateful to have your projects to tide me over :mrgreen2:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are so nice! I can't wait to see your finished house!! ILS, seriously I have never ever ever seen a bathroom as big as your master, it's awesome!

The grey glass you are using in your guest baths, what color grout are you going to use? I am not a big fan of white grout in a kitchen..

It is nice to see everyone's changes and new houses.. this is a nice place :)

It's so fun to watch everyone's reno's coming together. I'm so ecstatic about how ours should turn out that waiting a year for its completion is going to be torturous!! Grateful to have your projects to tide me over :mrgreen2:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are so nice! I can't wait to see your finished house!! ILS, seriously I have never ever ever seen a bathroom as big as your master, it's awesome!

The grey glass you are using in your guest baths, what color grout are you going to use? I am not a big fan of white grout in a kitchen..

It is nice to see everyone's changes and new houses.. this is a nice place :)
It is indeed :)

I actually overrode the default gray grout for that tile and specified bright white (but I wouldn't do white in the kitchen either). The reason is because I wanted the white grout lines to help tie in the bathtub, flooring, and sink. I looked at a lot of "gray tile bathroom" photos (thank you Pinterest!) and simply pinned the ones I liked; and after I reviewed the ones I'd pinned I realized the common theme was the white grout.

Here are a couple of photos that swayed me, and the choices for our actual bathroom:

Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 6.55.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 6.54.26 PM.png

guest baths2.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay I said I would put up on pix of what I'm doing in the kitchen, family room, dining room, foyer and mudroom/butler pantry/laundry area! :)

wallpaper for the dining room - Shang extra fine Sisal Smoke Wallpaper

sisel wall paper.jpg

granite: Himalayan White, it has some brown on it as I'm keeping the cherry stained cabinets.

himlayan white granite.jpg

Painting the kitchen, nook, family room, hallways
Benjamin Moore - Stone Hearth
stone hearth paint.jpg

So much for the start of my changes. :)

grey sub tile.jpg

kitchen cabinet knobs, grey glass

glass knob.jpg

Front Foyer light:

foyer lite.jpg

Dining room light:

dining lite.jpg

I will put up the new drapes and slipcover when I get home as I have to scan that. :)

I will post later the changes in the bar/laundry/mudroom area :)

it's a start @missy

Ooh I love all your pics Kate.:love: Gorgeous! I am super excited for you. It's all coming together.:appl:
Thank you for all your wonderful pictures!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is indeed :)

I actually overrode the default gray grout for that tile and specified bright white (but I wouldn't do white in the kitchen either). The reason is because I wanted the white grout lines to help tie in the bathtub, flooring, and sink. I looked at a lot of "gray tile bathroom" photos (thank you Pinterest!) and simply pinned the ones I liked; and after I reviewed the ones I'd pinned I realized the common theme was the white grout.

Here are a couple of photos that swayed me, and the choices for our actual bathroom:

Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 6.55.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 6.54.26 PM.png

guest baths2.jpg

I love all your choices @ILikeShiny. Looks great!:love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @kipari! And more pics just texted by my dh. He's at the house waiting for 3 sets of inspections. Plumbing, electrical and general contracting. And he is also making a list of what needs to be done or changed. And he brought the stools I ordered and I think they look great in the space. Perfect match. He is going to fill in the holes with the plugs that came with the stools so we aren't leaving the holes exposed like that. What do you think? Greg says it's a perfect match. Cannot wait to see the kitchen in person already haha. I haven't been there since December.

kitchenstools.jpeg

kitchenstools.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @kipari! And more pics just texted by my dh. He's at the house waiting for 3 sets of inspections. Plumbing, electrical and general contracting. And he is also making a list of what needs to be done or changed. And he brought the stools I ordered and I think they look great in the space. Perfect match. He is going to fill in the holes with the plugs that came with the stools so we aren't leaving the holes exposed like that. What do you think? Greg says it's a perfect match. Cannot wait to see the kitchen in person already haha. I haven't been there since December.

kitchenstools.jpeg

kitchenstools.jpg

The stools look perfect Missy! :appl:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great @missy, and definitely fill those holes!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results