shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me if you have cushion shaped halo on a RB

bluemoon2

Shiny_Rock
Please show me if you have cushion shaped halo on a RB in Leon Mege halo 811 "Adrianna" style.
I have been thinking for a while to use this halo option and make my RB E/VS1 1.38 bigger and different look.
But I am not very sure now. I need your advice, suggestion, experience whether to go forward in this route.

The reason I want it to have a diff look is that I got a bigger RB(I VS2, 2.53 which will be set in solitarie).

Thank you sooooo much.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a size 6. This setting fits a little larger than my bands so it could have been a 5.75. Funny how that happens.

kristi2011

Rough_Rock
here is mine. I love the cushion halo on RB. Haloing it will def make it bigger and give u a completely dif look.

photo-2.JPG

bluemoon2

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much, MayK and Kristi, for sharing your rings. They are beautiful!!! Sound like you both enjoy the outcome of your choice -- great!
Thanks, FancyDiamond, for asking ring size which is important to see if halo my stone will have reasonable finger coverage.

I am alittle concern that I try to change the nature shape of round then RB may get "lost" in it and look small.
Using leon's word, I try to "cheat" -- LOL which is some degree true. It's round, but I try to make it look like cushion.
Yes, ideally it's to get a cushion stone then halo. but I have this RB, and try to see what I can do best to set it different from my new rb solitaire. I could use round halo with pink melee if it does not cost too much.

Please chime in if you have suggestion. I cannot visit this site from work, so will check it again after work. TIA.

kristi2011

Rough_Rock
bluemoon2|1306128598|2928152 said:
Thank you so much, MayK and Kristi, for sharing your rings. They are beautiful!!! Sound like you both enjoy the outcome of your choice -- great!
Thanks, FancyDiamond, for asking ring size which is important to see if halo my stone will have reasonable finger coverage.

I am alittle concern that I try to change the nature shape of round then RB may get "lost" in it and look small.
Using leon's word, I try to "cheat" -- LOL which is some degree true. It's round, but I try to make it look like cushion.
Yes, ideally it's to get a cushion stone then halo. but I have this RB, and try to see what I can do best to set it different from my new rb solitaire. I could use round halo with pink melee if it does not cost too much.

Please chime in if you have suggestion. I cannot visit this site from work, so will check it again after work. TIA.[/qu

I heard that depending on the size of the diamonds used in the halo it may actually make the center appear bigger. But please dont quote me I'm not an expert. If i remember correctly, if you use much smaller stone in the halo it will just accent the center stone vs taking away from it. Leon is an excellent jeweler I'm sure he can best guide you on this.

As far as the cushion shape halo on RB, i dont think it will be a problem. Once its set into the halo it will be hard to tell that it is a RB. If Most people who look at my ring thinks my center is a cushion but its not. Its a RB. I dont know about you but I just love the amount of sparkle the RB gives but yet I also love the cushion shape and by combining both, you get the best of both worlds.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because my RB is set with double claw prongs it also gives the illusion of being a cushion cut diamond. You really have to study it to tell it's not... I TOTALLY in my ROUGHEST ROCK humble opinion believe the halo makes the stone (mine) look larger.. although.. with mine.. I think the cushion made my diamond GROW :appl: :appl: :appl: :naughty: it might be a 1.50 now!!!

bluemoon2

Shiny_Rock
Thank you sooooooooooooooo much, Kristi and MayK for sharing your own experience. It really helps.

>>I dont know about you but I just love the amount of sparkle the RB gives but yet I also love the cushion shape and by combining both, you get the best of both worlds

Kristi, that is what I thought too. But I do also like the look of a cushion stone after seeing it from so many gorgeour rings post here. however I never saw it IRL, so not sure about sparkling as comparing with RB.

>>Because my RB is set with double claw prongs it also gives the illusion of being a cushion cut diamond.
MayK, that is what I am going to do too -- double claw prongs if move forward. It's good to know after house in a cushion halo, it still grows. My 1.38 E is set in solitarie. It looks much bigger than it's size ( ~7.15mm) due to its nice cut.

Ice Princess

Rough_Rock
I considered a cushion shaped halo for my RB re-set however, with lots of advice and seeing various rings, I find that a ROUND halo on a round diamond will actually make it appear larger than squaring it off.

If you look at a diamond table, the round brilliants always face up largest. So unless there is a lot of metal or an airline, the round halo in my opinion will make your stone appear larger.

Then again, it all comes down to aesthetics and personal preference. Double halos, split shanks....the list goes on!

In the end I added a single dainty halo (double claw prongs of course!) w/ micropave on the sides of my shank/band and could not be more happy!

Good luck in whatever you decide!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results