shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me emerald bezel halo : )

P

PierreBear

Hi PS Friends,

I think I am finally narrowing the look of the setting that I might want to get, which is an emerald cut diamond in a bezeled halo (no airstream), fairly small halo, and a basic shank. Hopefully there are some beautiful rings out there that are better examples than these computer generated ones I found on pinterest?! Also, those who have an eye for perspective/proportions, can you please help me guess what size of center stone would be needed to mimic these pictures?

Thanks in advance for the help!

emerald_bezel_halo.png

P

PierreBear

Pretty please? I did look through the emerald/aascher thread but just haven't seen alot of bezel halos.
Or if there is an issue or downside to this type of style, I would appreciate an honest opinion! Must be a reason that I don't see alot of rings like this? Thanks!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pics of mine already posted in the other thread.

DK :))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same here! There aren't many emerald bezel halo rings around here!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1459727801|4015071 said:

Oh, gosh, that is right up near the top for me, too!!! But it is prong set, not bezeled. I love it like it is, though! :love:

laura_cc

Rough_Rock
Hi im new here, I have been reading posts but never actually posted, im not sure if this is what you are looking for but hope it is useful for you, im hoping the picture gets attached cause I've never done this haha
emerald_halo.jpg

P

PierreBear

DK & Diamondseeker - Thanks again for sharing your beautiful rings. Yes, such inspiration.
Mayk - Thanks for sharing one of your favorites. Wow, the work is very intricate.
LauraCC - Thank you for making one of your first posts to help me. Yes, actually that picture is actually what I am imagining a real life non computer generated ring would look like...sooo helpful! I think this is more of the style I prefer. Is it a combination of rose gold in the metal?

P

PierreBear

LauraCC - Do you have more details on who made the ring etc etc... all that other good stuff? haha!

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just spent 10 minutes searching for a particular ring I know exists but I can't find it for you. It's a bezel emerald that was recently reset by CvB. Does that ring any bells for anyone?

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I found it on instagram. I still can't remember who this belongs to though - hopefully someone will link to their post so you can see more pictures.

_1082.png

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PierreBear|1459777348|4015208 said:
LauraCC - Do you have more details on who made the ring etc etc... all that other good stuff? haha!

I hope she posts her info. But for an all pave setting like that, Victor Canera and Steven Kirsch are masters at that kind of setting.

Gorgeous ring, Laura!

laura_cc

Rough_Rock
I just found the picture of that ring recently on instagram (not mine sadly :(sad haha) but there was no info at all, so I had to do a little research, finally I tracked down the ring to a listing when it was sold (2014) and for now this is all the info I got (see below), it sold in an estate jewelers place nearby me and I am contacting them to see if they have any more info by any chance like the maker or a couple of more pics, it's a longshot but it doesn't hurt asking them. So anyway here are the specs that I have so far and a couple of extra pics I managed to find.

Custom made Diamond Engagement ring featuring a 3.85 Carat Emerald Cut Diamond (GIA Certified)

VS1 clarity, U to V Range color

Measurement: 10.45 x 7.75 x 5.11 mm

Polish/Symmetry: Good/Good

Fluorescence: None

Custom made diamond setting is in 18K Rose Gold with 0.35 ct in side diamonds

Diamond halo design with micro pave diamond

Diamond accent on all ring gallery and one row of diamond on either side of ring shank

Ring weighs 7 grams

Ring size 6

24d9eb1055952401e16a0fff365e8c69.jpg

b0b161bd179eb9fbc5e09f0c0e26b5b9.jpg

*Edit: Forgot to mention that even if manage to find the jeweler (I will keep you posted if I do) who did this ring I would still probably go with Victor Canera, I love his work.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Oh thanks ladies!! Yes, that is mine and I is the first ring I have ever made that I am still in love with daily! CVB was an absolute dream to work with because she sketched out every detail and she could surely do a complete halo, I wanted only a partial halo because I was obsessed with adding the antique style navette leaves :) Looking forward to seeing what you choose!

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
and I do not see a downside bc bezel setting a diamond is actually a very protective setting for a diamond and a halo always adds visual size-so for me- both Pros :clap:

P

PierreBear

I just have to say that you are all amazing! Thanks for posting what you could find. All such beautiful and unique rings that are all worn so well!

P

PierreBear

Finally was able to go to a B&M store to try on some items. Left hand is my engagement and the right hand was the ring that I liked most. It's just a cz in the setting though instead of a real emerald cut. Any thoughts and comments?

I believe it's around a 2 ct set in rose gold. The east to west seems to proportionally look better than setting it north to south. Is this too blingy to wear on both hands? How do you ladies wear upgrade/anniversary rings? Any comments on the halo to stone ratio? I'm also torn on whether this type of ring should be gold, rose gold, or just good ole regular platinum? Thanks PS friends!

two_together.jpg

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
love the e w halo on you!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually like plain pave halos better N-S, but I think that one looks fine on you, especially for a right hand ring. It looks less like an e-ring set E-W, I think. Color of metal would depend on the color of the diamond. With a below J-K color EC, I might go with rose gold, J-K could go either way, and I color and higher I'd go with platinum.

P

PierreBear

Diamondseeker - Yes, I've been noticing that the warmer the diamond, the better it might look with a non-platinum look. I think I am still leaning more towards platinum though so I guess for the future diamond, I'll be focusing on I color and up.

Can you help explain the plain pave halo comment? I have noticed some rings with a lot of "bling" going on in the halo area. I'm not as fond of that look but don't know the different option.

Is this too much to wear on a daily basis? One on each hand? : ) Honest opinions please!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have photos of a plain shank bezel halo but it's a pear. If that helps let me know I'll dig it out.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PierreBear|1460402279|4018007 said:
Diamondseeker - Yes, I've been noticing that the warmer the diamond, the better it might look with a non-platinum look. I think I am still leaning more towards platinum though so I guess for the future diamond, I'll be focusing on I color and up.

Can you help explain the plain pave halo comment? I have noticed some rings with a lot of "bling" going on in the halo area. I'm not as fond of that look but don't know the different option.

Is this too much to wear on a daily basis? One on each hand? : ) Honest opinions please!

I think a plain shank halo is very wearable. Particularly a bright set one. I don't love the one posted above in rose gold as the halo diamonds are set in like French cut style, or something...either way, the outside of the halo should, IMHO, mimic the bezel and have a ribbon of metal out the outside of the halo. Otherwise I think it looks disjointed

P

PierreBear

Can I get some guidance on understanding the different halo types that might look good with an emerald without an airstream? The halos really seem to change the look of everything and I'm not sure how to describe it or what effect it gives. Going from left to right...are all the diamonds set the same way but just has a minor change? Not sure if they are all pave or micro pave etc etc.

Far left - True bezel - no milgrain. I guess this is just a sleeker look and as you mentioned Niel, has a more symmetrical look.
Middle - This isn't a true bezel because of the prongs? The other change is the milgrain outside of the emerald and on the outer halo. To me, this looks really busy and has too much going on.
Far right - This isn't a true bezel because of the prongs? There doesn't seem to be a border between the emerald and the halo.

Help! The more I look at this halo look the more I'm thinking this project is too hard. I can't figure out why some rings I am attracted to and why some rings I'm not a fan of. I think N/S does look great but I guess I do like the idea that E/W looks more like a RHR but I'm not sure how to best achieve it. (Sorry this is turning more into a rocky talk type thread... please feel free to move it!)

halo_types.png

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
I think the key factor is just deciding which look you like the best?? I don't think it is a hard project, just pick a good designer that doesn't mind and holding...

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The two on the left have that "ribbon on the outside" thing I want talking about. I like them because they frame the stone.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's mine. It's a 3 carat sapphire I believe in a tiffany legacy repro setting.

1633_506868620665_127_n.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yours is a lot like mine, soxfan! Very pretty!

PierreBear said:
Can I get some guidance on understanding the different halo types that might look good with an emerald without an airstream? The halos really seem to change the look of everything and I'm not sure how to describe it or what effect it gives. Going from left to right...are all the diamonds set the same way but just has a minor change? Not sure if they are all pave or micro pave etc etc.

Far left - True bezel - no milgrain. I guess this is just a sleeker look and as you mentioned Niel, has a more symmetrical look.
Middle - This isn't a true bezel because of the prongs? The other change is the milgrain outside of the emerald and on the outer halo. To me, this looks really busy and has too much going on.
Far right - This isn't a true bezel because of the prongs? There doesn't seem to be a border between the emerald and the halo.

Help! The more I look at this halo look the more I'm thinking this project is too hard. I can't figure out why some rings I am attracted to and why some rings I'm not a fan of. I think N/S does look great but I guess I do like the idea that E/W looks more like a RHR but I'm not sure how to best achieve it. (Sorry this is turning more into a rocky talk type thread... please feel free to move it!)

The first one on the left is bezel set and the next two are prong set.

Niel has already said that the first two have a milgrain edge on the outer part of the halo. Mine does and soxfan's does.

What I will say is that I don't really care to wear a second engagement ring on the right hand. So I would do something to make it look less like an engagement ring. One way is to do a split shank with the stone set N-S. I think that is a nice look with a long stone, especially. Another way is to have side stones. But a single shank ring with pave halo looks like an engagement ring to me. That may not matter to you, but I am just mentioning that because of something you asked me above.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have bunches of pictures of settings and will try to look later tonight and see if I have any that are E-W or that look more like right hand rings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results