shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me emerald bezel halo : )

P

PierreBear

Soxfan - Wow thanks for sharing! Beautiful!

Diamondseeker - Thanks for setting me straight. Perhaps bezel halo isn't the way to go. In the ideal world, it would be easier for me to justify this larger expense if it's a ring I could wear on a daily basis instead of swapping out sets. I could just wear the "second engagement ring" on the right hand and a wedding band on my left. So I'm deciding between that or just finding an emerald cut ring that looks more like a RHR that can be worn with my round brilliant.

Do any of these look more like RHR that can be worn with my engagement? Is it the size of the 2 ct that I am shooting for that makes it too much like a second engagement ring? I just feel that with a step cut, the beauty is more defined with something larger. I was honing in on your point that a three stone might be more fitting.

three_2.png

P

PierreBear

Would these work as RHR? Not sure if something simpler like a plain shank with milgrain or having something that isn't all platinum would make it look more something I could wear daily. Thank you thank you for honest opinions! I really prefer the cold hard truth than later on doing something that would be regretted. I appreciate it!

rhr_idea.png

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they all look like engagement rings :oops: Sorry!

P

PierreBear

haha! Man, I'm just in love with engagement rings then. How do you make an emerald cut look like a RHR?! :wall: Must be some ladies who wear more than one ring at the same time? I really do appreciate the honesty.. thanks soxfan!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PierreBear|1460557324|4018708 said:
haha! Man, I'm just in love with engagement rings then. How do you make an emerald cut look like a RHR?! :wall: Must be some ladies who wear more than one ring at the same time? I really do appreciate the honesty.. thanks soxfan!

sapphire, emerald or ruby halo?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Outlier here; I don't agree that the ECs you've shown look like ERs... but that is just my own POV.

And, if I did own such a RHR, I would not care if other people thought it looked to them as an ER.

Why don't you just take a little time to think things through, and decide what exactly it is that you want to look at when you look down on *your* RHR? Unless other people's POV matters more than your own preference when it comes to your jewelry?

FWIW, I love the east-west halo'd EC you are modelling on your RH, on the 1st page of this thread; I think it looks gorgeous on your hand and beautifully works with (rather than overwhelms) your ER on your left hand.

P

PierreBear

Soxfan - I don't think I can pull off colored gems yet! But thanks for the idea.

Marymm - Thanks for sharing your POV. I know that what my preferences should determine what I eventually get but sometimes there are some basic rules to follow that I'm afraid that I might just not be aware of. :shifty: For instance, when wearing makeup, one might go heavier on the eyes but lighter on the lip vs lighter on the eyes but bolder on the lip. I guess I'm just trying to figure out if there is a "ring" guidance/role that most ladies follow.

I do need to keep thinking through things though... preferences keep changing and I guess this is why I needed to start earlier than later. Thank you again for all the honest opinions.

IgniteDM

Rough_Rock
my EC with halo ;-) Love me an EC!

received_10153712575482812.jpg
20150910_164559.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could always get a yellow diamond if it's that much of a concern.

However, as one who used to wear two rings that looked very engagement-y, I really don't think it's the end of the world. You're not engaged twice, no one thinks that. They seem to be very different shapes and styles so its not like wearing the same thing on both hands.

E/w setting it will help your feeling of it not being an engagement ring, but I actually think it running down your finger gives more visual interest when worn with your e ring. Just my personal opinion though, its doesn't look bad by any means. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results