shape
carat
color
clarity

Please share your photos of nature, wildlife, etc.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous light!

It was more beautiful in person. And the color changed in seconds as the sun was setting.
I could've gotten a better photo from the roof!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Yes! Light changes SO fast! This is where digi cameras (or cell phone cameras) come in so handy! You can shoot lots and lots of frames and choose the best ones right away. :bigsmile: The light at this time of year is so great.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
The second cardinal photo, in particular, is so beautiful, @Neptune! I really miss the different variety of birds where we used to live. We were on a greenbelt/ravine area and had lots of cardinals, blue jays, a huge variety of song birds, owls, hawks, crows, red-winged blackbirds, sparrows, chickadees, junkos, etc. In spring, summer, and fall, the bird song was fabulous.

We used to feed them, so that helped with the birds being around us. The cardinals would come sit on the feeders for minutes at a time. Their sounds are beautiful.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love where we live...it is, in a word, magical

Screen Shot 2023-01-03 at 6.11.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-03 at 6.11.17 AM.png

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
The second cardinal photo, in particular, is so beautiful, @Neptune! I really miss the different variety of birds where we used to live. We were on a greenbelt/ravine area and had lots of cardinals, blue jays, a huge variety of song birds, owls, hawks, crows, red-winged blackbirds, sparrows, chickadees, junkos, etc. In spring, summer, and fall, the bird song was fabulous.

We used to feed them, so that helped with the birds being around us. The cardinals would come sit on the feeders for minutes at a time. Their sounds are beautiful.

I get it. Is it possible to visit a local conservatory? It’s not the same but it helps. I love seeing these saffron finches, even though they live indoor, and outside of South America.

4219.JPG
4222.JPG
4223.JPG

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I get it. Is it possible to visit a local conservatory? It’s not the same but it helps. I love seeing these saffron finches, even though they live indoor, and outside of South America.

There isn't a conservatory where I live, but a few hours away there's a wonderful one that I love to go to when I visit family in that city. It's great to step into the humid warmth and hear all the birdsong. Plus see the lush vegetation!

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
There isn't a conservatory where I live, but a few hours away there's a wonderful one that I love to go to when I visit family in that city. It's great to step into the humid warmth and hear all the birdsong. Plus see the lush vegetation!

Make sure to share photos with us.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Just past the old parish church of Aberfoyle you'll find Doon Hill. By carefully picking your way through the ancient faerie trails you'll emerge at the top of the hill to find this tree, which, as local legend goes, contains the trapped soul of Reverend Robert Kirk. The Rev was an expert on faeries but when he got too bold and started publishing their secrets, enough was enough. So they enticed him with an invitation to their underground world, kidnapped him and imprisoned him inside the tree.

IMG_20230101_140227194.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And the seals are back :)

sealsatsandyhook.jpg

seals2023.jpg

seals2023.png

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
This is gorgeous & should be framed!

It was a nice afternoon, indeed. The “blowouts” were so irresistible and I couldn’t help stroking them gently with my foot!

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Never actually gotten this close to one without it trying to kickbox me to be honest, probably sounds strange but Kangaroos are typically scared of people unless it's a big male defending his girls.

They're a bit cuter than I originally gave them credit for :lol:

20230103_145818.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never actually gotten this close to one without it trying to kickbox me to be honest, probably sounds strange but Kangaroos are typically scared of people unless it's a big male defending his girls.

20230103_145818.jpg

Wow, it's really a gorgeous animal.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

20230103_145818.jpg

Jordy please hug them from me. I want to hug a Roo so badly!!! OMG and also while you are hugging them from me kiss them too please! :kiss2:

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

20230103_145818.jpg

Nice to "see" you again Jordy. Seems like it has been a while.

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The sunrise the other day started out with mild colors, basically ho and a hum. Suddenly they turned magic and I dug my camera out of its protective pouch I keep it in while in the duck blind.

less than a minute after I took this shot the colors were back to ho hum and a minute or so after that they were gone altogether. Sunrises can be incredible, but they are short!

Sunrise Jan 4.jpeg

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Is it a vineyard, @Eli22?

Sending everyone here some bright sunflowers for a brilliant new year!

5940821E-4084-4ABB-A80C-89E39E5C527E.jpeg

Yes, it is! And thank you for the lovely sunflowers- they manage to brighten the day almost instantly!

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Jordy please hug them from me. I want to hug a Roo so badly!!! OMG and also while you are hugging them from me kiss them too please! :kiss2:

I dunno if I want to get THAT close, fleas and stuff like that hahaha

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nice to "see" you again Jordy. Seems like it has been a while.

It has been a while mate, hope you've been keeping well! Love your Golden sunrise pic, I was on holidays in the Central Goldfields recently and the sunrises are like that each morning. I put together a fishing video and uploaded it on YouTube from my 3rd day there where I snuck out early in the morning to explore the Loddon River, the scenery there is just so beautiful and all of country Victoria is much the same.

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It has been a while mate, hope you've been keeping well! Love your Golden sunrise pic, I was on holidays in the Central Goldfields recently and the sunrises are like that each morning. I put together a fishing video and uploaded it on YouTube from my 3rd day there where I snuck out early in the morning to explore the Loddon River, the scenery there is just so beautiful and all of country Victoria is much the same.

One of my few regrets is not getting back to Australia. I spent a week there on R&R in 1968. Spent time in the city while the city folk told me how stuck up the country folk were and three days in the country while the country folk told me how weird the city folk were. I was treated like a king by both groups and always meant to return, but life got in the way...

Please drop us a link to your fishing video. I am sure I am not the only one who wants to enjoy seeing it.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
One of my few regrets is not getting back to Australia. I spent a week there on R&R in 1968. Spent time in the city while the city folk told me how stuck up the country folk were and three days in the country while the country folk told me how weird the city folk were. I was treated like a king by both groups and always meant to return, but life got in the way...

Please drop us a link to your fishing video. I am sure I am not the only one who wants to enjoy seeing it.

I would probably think it's the opposite now lol city folk are stuck-up and country folk are weird. Whenever I come from metro Melbourne for a Surveying job they just look at me like some kind of museum exhibit :lol:

As much as I would love to post the video from my YouTube, I don't think that PS policies allow for this? I could be wrong but hoping @Ella can clear that up for me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results