shape
carat
color
clarity

Please share your photos of nature, wildlife, etc.

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
My daughter came to visit us for the weekend. Saturday I took her duck hunting with me. I hunted with my 12 gauge and she hunted with he phone camera. The colors were incredible for a few moments, but by the time I got up to take a picture of her, they were nearly gone and no where near as beautiful as this...

Wink in sunrise.jpg

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I hope your mate is quick with his camera should you go for a ride in the river. Those would be some awesome shots. (A video would be even better.)

No giant Cod unfortunately, we did have one giant hit my mate's lure but the hooks missed. The bloody thing left a hole in the water with a diameter of around 4 feet :shock: I managed to get it on film too, looked like someone threw a stick of dynamite in the water just in front of us.

I got a small Cod and a Golden Perch, my mate got a 24 inch long Cod though. The mottling patterns they have is always so beautiful 20230131_060852.jpg

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
02E1594B-56A0-4078-925B-65D1223A3AD4.jpeg

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
And seeing things in bloom right now, from where I live

OMG, I am so Jealous. The high today ended up at 34. First day in a few that broke above freezing. So tired of being cold when I walk the dog...

I took this when my daughter was with me. It is a pale imitation of the sunrise she captured with me in the picture above...

Cissy at club-1409.jpg

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
OMG, I am so Jealous. The high today ended up at 34. First day in a few that broke above freezing. So tired of being cold when I walk the dog...

I took this when my daughter was with me. It is a pale imitation of the sunrise she captured with me in the picture above...

Cissy at club-1409.jpg

Professionally done.

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Professionally done.

Thank you. You are very kind.

It was taken raw format with an iPhone, cropped and edited with Lightroom in my phone and saved to jpeg. Today's in phone cameras are incredible, much better than a professional level camera of only a few years ago.

One of my friends uses a google phone. Two years ago, he and I shot from the same location with the same length lens. I was using my Nikon D500 with a 24 megapixel sensor. You could not tell any difference in the quality of his picture and mine and he blew his up to a 20 x 30 and hung it on his wall. Stunning. Oh, and to be completely honest, his composition was better than mine and he was done with his hand held photo long before I had my camera set up and ready to go on its tripod.

I bought the new iPhone 14 Pro this year, it has a 48 megapixel sensor, nearly equal to the 50 megapixel sensor in my Nikon Z9. When I am shooting with less than a 100mm lens, I shoot with the iPhone camera. It fits in my pocket, uploads its pictures to my computer automatically, and allows me to edit right in my phone. I don't even need to keep it wrapped up and let it warm up gradually for thirty minutes or so when I come in from the cold. (If you come in from the cold and don't take the time to warm it up gradually with a big camera, it can fog up and start corroding pieces and parts that you need for it to work.)

So, when someone tells me my iPhone camera photos look professional, I puff up a little and think how grateful I am for these magnificent professional level cameras right inside our phones.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not terribly exciting but from the images I took at Jupiter Beach. Tide was still low, so we could hang out for a bit.

20230212_174338.jpg

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Thank you. You are very kind.

It was taken raw format with an iPhone, cropped and edited with Lightroom in my phone and saved to jpeg. Today's in phone cameras are incredible, much better than a professional level camera of only a few years ago.

One of my friends uses a google phone. Two years ago, he and I shot from the same location with the same length lens. I was using my Nikon D500 with a 24 megapixel sensor. You could not tell any difference in the quality of his picture and mine and he blew his up to a 20 x 30 and hung it on his wall. Stunning. Oh, and to be completely honest, his composition was better than mine and he was done with his hand held photo long before I had my camera set up and ready to go on its tripod.

I bought the new iPhone 14 Pro this year, it has a 48 megapixel sensor, nearly equal to the 50 megapixel sensor in my Nikon Z9. When I am shooting with less than a 100mm lens, I shoot with the iPhone camera. It fits in my pocket, uploads its pictures to my computer automatically, and allows me to edit right in my phone. I don't even need to keep it wrapped up and let it warm up gradually for thirty minutes or so when I come in from the cold. (If you come in from the cold and don't take the time to warm it up gradually with a big camera, it can fog up and start corroding pieces and parts that you need for it to work.)

So, when someone tells me my iPhone camera photos look professional, I puff up a little and think how grateful I am for these magnificent professional level cameras right inside our phones.

Good to know and thanks for sharing. I am still using my geriatric iphone, haha.

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Here is a beautiful little bird. A Western Bluebird. It is about the size of a sparrow and I have been thinking they were sparrows for a few months while I looked for the bluebirds all my birder friends were telling me were there.

It turned out the birds I was thinking about were blue jays. Nice and big and super blue.

I got this picture the day before they left. Lucky!

D8C13A4E-1702-4B9C-856F-F85AA8A0712D.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results