shape
carat
color
clarity

Please share your photos of nature, wildlife, etc.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy , swans! :-o

What a wonderful sight! They're beautiful! :love:

Thanks for sharing this special surprise!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At our beach house right now this minute in the backyard...swans! Rare for the area. :love:

swans.jpg

swans.jpeg

Oh how beautiful and special Missy! Love them!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sneaking a peek. =)2

0I5A5226.JPG
DF, I really love the lighting on this beautiful bird's tail and especially the sharp focus on the eye peaking out from behind the wing which is showing some delightful motion blur.

Very nice photo!

Wink

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@cflutist Thank you! Great pictures! I need to start a thread so expert cruisers like you can give your tips on the best cruises! Will try to do that in the next couple of days!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF, I really love the lighting on this beautiful bird's tail and especially the sharp focus on the eye peaking out from behind the wing which is showing some delightful motion blur.

Very nice photo!

Wink

Thank you for your kind comments, @Wink ! Much appreciated.
Although I'm sure you're very busy with work, I hope you're finding some time to get out with your camera.

:wavey:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006

Glacier Bay where two glaciers converge
Alaska_Cruise_May_2012_455.jpg

Whale watching in Auke Bay in Juneau

Alaska_Cruise_2010_326_wallpaper.jpg

Calving glacier

Alaska_Cruise_May_2012_595.jpg

Hubbard Glacier

Alaska_Cruise_May_2012_465.jpg

@cflutist , wonderful photos! You've captured the lovely blue colour of the glaciers, and brought to mind my own memories of Alaska. Its such a beautiful place!

Thank you for sharing your photos! =)2

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@cflutist , what lovely flower photos!
The orange and pink colour combination is so energetic and vibrant! A wonderful sight on an overcast Winter day!
Thanks for sharing with us! =)2

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006

More whale watching photos from Auke Bay in Juneau.
Saw a pod of Orcas (killer whales)

alaska_cruise_2010_362.jpg

alaska_cruise_2010_342.jpg

A whale up at the surface

alaska_cruise_2010_242.jpg

Another glacier photo

alaska_cruise_2010_561.jpg

Highly recommend an Alaska cruise, just beware of the Diamonds International shops in all of the ports, almost as bad as mall jewelers, feel so bad for cruise passengers being sucked in, :lol-2:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006
Highly recommend an Alaska cruise, just beware of the Diamonds International shops in all of the ports, almost as bad as mall jewelers, feel so bad for cruise passengers being sucked in, :lol-2:

Trust me, a cruise would be the last place I'd buy jewelry. The hard part will be wanting to warn everyone who doesn't know it's a bad idea!

I love all the pictures, thank you!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took this photo today. Not even photoshopped. A coati in Iguassu Falls, Brazilian side, busily walking along the bank, among the people. The coatis are very friendly... 29A5B3D0-16AE-4F13-B3D0-B18FD83FF56C.jpeg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took this photo today. Not even photoshopped. A coati in Iguassu Falls, Brazilian side, walking along the bank with people. They are very friendly. 29A5B3D0-16AE-4F13-B3D0-B18FD83FF56C.jpeg

Oh he's so cute! Love him! :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took this photo today. Not even photoshopped. A coati in Iguassu Falls, Brazilian side, busily walking along the bank, among the people. The coatis are very friendly... 29A5B3D0-16AE-4F13-B3D0-B18FD83FF56C.jpeg

LOLOL so cute!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

He looks like he's just another individual walking along! Not timid at all!
He is adorable! :love:
Thanks for sharing your photo!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He looks like he's just another individual walking along! Not timid at all!
He is adorable! :love:
Thanks for sharing your photo!

Yes, this is exactly what I thought. He looks very business-like.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Are you on a visit to Brazil, or do you live there? I lived in Rio de Janeiro for three years and met my American born wife there. We have been together now for 44 years and will celebrate 45 this August. We have been back a few times and still use Portuguese as a secret language when around other people and wish to have a private conversation.

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have been learning new tricks with my photography and here is a picture from last summer that I doctored up this morning. This was on a trip to Leslie Gulch in Oregon to shoot the Milky Way. We got there a couple of hours before sunset to scout out the right location and also to take some shots of the incredible rock structures there. This cool rock was one of my favorite photos, but I had trouble getting it to where I wanted it. Today, I finally got it to where I think it is ready to share...

This is the original shot.

Cool rock originalw.jpeg

This is after some adjustments made in Luminar 2018.

Cool rock adjustedw.jpeg

The colors are much more like they were in real life and the over exposure from the still bright sun reduced.

Wink

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you on a visit to Brazil, or do you live there? I lived in Rio de Janeiro for three years and met my American born wife there. We have been together now for 44 years and will celebrate 45 this August. We have been back a few times and still use Portuguese as a secret language when around other people and wish to have a private conversation.

Wink

Wink, we actually are in Argentina. But since Iguassu Falls look better from the Brazilian side, we went to Brazil. Other than that, I have not been to Brazil. We have spent several days in Buenos Aires. My impression - I could survive in Latin America, people are nice, humorous and have good taste, be it art, architecture, or clothes. There is some similarity with the Russians (time passes different in Argentina as compared to North America) - but for the opposite reasons. Blazing sun is the nemesis of Latin America, bitter cold - of Russia, one can't say what is worse. But people work very hard to overcome the climate.

My son speaks fluent Italian and Spanish, I always promised myself to learn Spanish upon coming back from Mexico, and never did. But now I am thinking, I should...

Congratulations on your forthcoming anniversary! :) :) :)

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wink, we actually are in Argentina. But since Iguassu Falls look better from the Brazilian side, we went to Brazil. Other than that, I have not been to Brazil. We have spent several days in Buenos Aires. My impression - I could survive in Latin America, people are nice, humorous and have good taste, be it art, architecture, or clothes. There is some similarity with the Russians (time passes different in Argentina as compared to North America) - but for the opposite reasons. Blazing sun is the nemesis of Latin America, bitter cold - of Russia, one can't say what is worse. But people work very hard to overcome the climate.

My son speaks fluent Italian and Spanish, I always promised myself to learn Spanish upon coming back from Mexico, and never did. But now I am thinking, I should...

Congratulations on your forthcoming anniversary! :) :) :)

Don't forget the food! I am sure that the Argentine food is at least as great as the food in Brasil. Fresh Shrimp, fried in Garlic butter was one of my favorite dishes, Shrimp Paulista style. (Cameroes ao Paulista). Resa and I used to drive a little over an hour to a small fishing village and have some of the best shrimp ever! Monster big ones, fried with their eye stalks, legs and what not. The small legs in the curl would be saturated with the garlic butter and explode in your mouth. OMG, I am salivating just thinking of them.

The BBQ chicken places on the side streets were incredible too. Open fire pits on the back wall of a space the size of a small bus with a bar to sit at and maybe ten to twelve seats. When the drippings would fall into the fire you could feel the heat from the flare up. Half a small chicken soaked in salt water then rotisseried to perfection with spices and oil added periodically until perfectly done. At the time I was there they were the equivalent of a buck or two. We always tucked paper napkins into our shirts so as not to ruin our shirts with the copious juices that flowed from the chicken as we tore into them like hungry pterodactyls.

Once they were done for the night they would extinguish the fires, clean up the mess and pull down a metal shutter until they opened the next day. There was no "indoors" but they did have an awning for when it was raining.

Oops, got a little carried away there. Sigh, I wish I could get there in only a few hours, then I would go back often. It is a twenty-six to twenty-eight hour journey from Boise to Brasil and that is if there are no delays to any of the flights.

Wink

P.S. If you ever really want to learn conversational Spanish, I recommend the lessons from Pimsleur. I used to buy the tapes, but now I have no tape player in my car to play them. I learned my Spanish with them after traveling to Chile and discovering that I could understand the Spanish, but the Chilenos could not understand my Portuguese. Now you can order the Pimsleur classed on disks or digitally. I learned Spanish and enough French to get around in Belgium and Paris, but those are other stories for another time...

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't forget the food! I am sure that the Argentine food is at least as great as the food in Brasil. Fresh Shrimp, fried in Garlic butter was one of my favorite dishes, Shrimp Paulista style. (Cameroes ao Paulista). Resa and I used to drive a little over an hour to a small fishing village and have some of the best shrimp ever! Monster big ones, fried with their eye stalks, legs and what not. The small legs in the curl would be saturated with the garlic butter and explode in your mouth. OMG, I am salivating just thinking of them.

The BBQ chicken places on the side streets were incredible too. Open fire pits on the back wall of a space the size of a small bus with a bar to sit at and maybe ten to twelve seats. When the drippings would fall into the fire you could feel the heat from the flare up. Half a small chicken soaked in salt water then rotisseried to perfection with spices and oil added periodically until perfectly done. At the time I was there they were the equivalent of a buck or two. We always tucked paper napkins into our shirts so as not to ruin our shirts with the copious juices that flowed from the chicken as we tore into them like hungry pterodactyls.

Once they were done for the night they would extinguish the fires, clean up the mess and pull down a metal shutter until they opened the next day. There was no "indoors" but they did have an awning for when it was raining.

Oops, got a little carried away there. Sigh, I wish I could get there in only a few hours, then I would go back often. It is a twenty-six to twenty-eight hour journey from Boise to Brasil and that is if there are no delays to any of the flights.

Wink

P.S. If you ever really want to learn conversational Spanish, I recommend the lessons from Pimsleur. I used to buy the tapes, but now I have no tape player in my car to play them. I learned my Spanish with them after traveling to Chile and discovering that I could understand the Spanish, but the Chilenos could not understand my Portuguese. Now you can order the Pimsleur classed on disks or digitally. I learned Spanish and enough French to get around in Belgium and Paris, but those are other stories for another time...
Food is awesome! Wine, too.
As to Spanish, we are trying Duolingo.
How we speak here is another story. Probably very funny to observe.
I shall try Luminar, they say it is for Mac. Not for Samsung Galaxy, I assume.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Luminar is very inexpensive, less than $100 I believe and the license is good for 5 machines, either Mac or Windows.

Wink

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Wink , love your enthusiastic description of the food!

What a wonderful job you did on the photo of that interesting rock!
Beautiful!

Your previously-shared photo taken of the night sky at this location is one of my favorites!
Such a great job capturing the beauty of an incredible sight; the landscape and sky above were breath-taking!

Thanks for sharing your photos!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wednesday morning, I went out to take photos.
It was foggy and raining.

The rain made the ice extra-slippery.
This duck flew in to land on the ice by the river, and the slippery conditions resulted in a bumpy landing.
I laughed.
An hour later, I slipped on the ice and broke my wrist.
Morale of the story: Never laugh at a duck. :naughty:

0I5A9627.JPG

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A foggy, rainy morning by the lake.

0I5A9740.JPG

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I hope you dont mind Wink.
I love pictures like this in b&w.