shape
carat
color
clarity

Please share Sapphire e-ring expertise

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flynndownunder

Rough_Rock
Please share your expertise with a newbie:

Seeking approx. 1.5 to 2.5 carat round cut Sapphire center, on an antique white gold setting with diamonds 3/4 of length. Prices? Suggestions?

Any comments on jeweler Meierotto''s in North Kansas City, MO?

Any special instructions for a very small ring (size 3.5 to 4)?

Thank you!
28.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Hi Flynn,
That is a very nice cut, but it does seem a little light in color. It totally depends on your taste and budget, though. I got my sapphire center stone from NSC, and was very happy with their policies and service. You can have a stone sent for your approval for (I think) a week. There''s also another nice feature on the NSC site, the mounting options. There''s a tab next to the product details for each stone, where you can look at suggested styles, and it will price the entire ring for you.

Here are some antique-y looking settings:
halo w/sidestones
engraved setting

Hope this helps!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At first glance, I liked the stone even though the colour is light. Then I took a closer look and saw that the faceting was not well planned. There are a lot of extra facets on the crown interspersed unevenly. It may or it may not bother you, depending upon how anal you are. Also, the culet is 5% off center. A bit much for me but I''m terribly picky.
9.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2007 11:43:18 AM
Author: flynndownunder
Although light in color/transparency, this stone keeps awing me:

http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/Sapphires/Blue/Round/stoneid=B2219

A couple other things about this stone: although it is a large stone for the price, it''s cut deeply (as are many sapphires) to preserve color intensity. Compare its dimensions (7.61 x 7.56 x 5.02) to some of the other stones like these two smaller ones, and it actually will appear to be almost the same size "face up":

http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/Sapphires/Blue/Round/stoneid=B2381, 7.06 x 6.98 x 4.23

http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/Sapphires/Blue/Round/stoneid=B2388, 7.55 x 7.40 x 3.83

Essentially, that stone you posted sacrifices color and face-up size for weight and and fancy cut. I personally would go for a smaller, but more intensely colored stone. But again, you can order them for evaluation, which is a much better way to go about choosing.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
While the pictures in the last two links have very nice color and face up large for thier ct. weight. They face up larger at a price. IMO. As they seem to have obivious windows. I also wonder whether they would be to dark in low light conditions for your tastes flynndownunder. As you seem to be drawn to a lighter tone in your sapphires. There is nothing wrong with that as I perfer mine the same way. That is excluding those " special" sapphires with intense color but with that little bit of silk that makes it glow even in low light. In my opinion you seem have found a lovely well cut sapphire.

Colored stones are not diamonds.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results