shape
carat
color
clarity

Please recommand good online diamond stores that sell great cut diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cooperchien

Rough_Rock
Hi, I like many experts'' opinions on this site. I thank everyone for sharing his or her wonderful knowledge here.
I am in the market for an AGS ideal princess cut diamond. After visiting lots of mall stores, I learned to value cut the most in a diamond.
However, cut seems to be a hidden secret in many online stores, too. I went to a few popular sites but I could not never easily search a loose diamond by the cut grade.
The best one I visited so far, craftbyinifinity does not have a diamond in my budget range.
39.gif

Can anyone recommand me or let me know a place that I can search the diamond by the cut grade?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
What kind of size, color, clarity and $$ are you looking at? We will try and help

WF, GOG have good stones. If there are none at your budget, go to the drop shippers and look only for AGS0 cut grade stones to be sure of performance. Once you find one, get back to us for a review. :p

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
You could use the search tool on the home page. It lets you search by cut quality. But you can''t go wrong with either Whiteflash or GoodOldGold.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2008 6:39:22 PM
Author: NeverEndingUpgrade
You could use the search tool on the home page. It lets you search by cut quality. But you can''t go wrong with either Whiteflash or GoodOldGold.

Ditto.

cooperchien

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your replies.
I was looking for a website that can let the users search diamond by the cut grade. I found one called Exceldiamond.com that lets the users do that. Basically, a user can narrow the search by using cut grade at the beginning of the search.
Currenlty I just found a chance to get a beautiful diamond which could be the ultimate answer of my search for the last 2 monthes. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2008 7:38:02 PM
Author: cooperchien

I was looking for a website that can let the users search diamond by the cut grade. I found one called Exceldiamond.com that lets the users do that. Basically, a user can narrow the search by using cut grade at the beginning of the search.

Currenlty I just found a chance to get a beautiful diamond which could be the ultimate answer of my search for the last 2 monthes. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Whiteflash and Good Old Gold take a bit of the guesswork out of it because almost all their inventory consists of well cut stones.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2008 7:44:54 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 12/8/2008 7:38:02 PM
Author: cooperchien

Whiteflash and Good Old Gold take a bit of the guesswork out of it because almost all their inventory consists of well cut stones.
Ditto.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Whiteflash would be the closest to what you''re looking for, in a sense. Click on the "A Cut Above Princess" link under Diamond Search. Essentially, this is searching by cut because it rules out anything below AGS0 quality. Their Expert Selection diamonds are also very nice but have some subtle differences, and not all are AGS-graded or AGS ideal-worthy stones. Good Old Gold also carries hand-picked AGS0 stones, but you can''t search for them. However, almost all of their inventory is ideal cut.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2008 6:15:43 PM
Author: Stone-cold11
What kind of size, color, clarity and $$ are you looking at? We will try and help

WF, GOG have good stones. If there are none at your budget, go to the drop shippers and look only for AGS0 cut grade stones to be sure of performance. Once you find one, get back to us for a review. :p
Your having found Exceldiamonds seems to be the result of having found at least a modified drop shipper. I frequently recommend them. Though not in house, they''ll look at these diamonds for you before selling...and so that''s good.

BTW, they''re better than Blue Nile, but they deal in AGS0s, too. You just have to ignore their internal grading, and go by the ags0 certification. And...I don''t know if they''ll look at it for you. Confirm that''s what they do at Excel. I think so.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I second the recommendation to search Whiteflash ACA diamonds. They are all ideal cut and the princess I just got is GORGEOUS! :)

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/8/2008 6:08:33 PM
Author:cooperchien
The best one I visited so far, craftbyinifinity does not have a diamond in my budget range.
Also try asking your favorite Infinity retailer (I like Gary Dutton) to find out what's in the lab and in production, if one's not available in inventory in your size/color/clarity/price range.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,
I picked WF for three stones because their website provided all the info I needed to pick out the stones that looked the best within my budget. It''s nice to have all the info up front rather than call and email over and over trying to get all the data and pictures of a stone.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
I''ve asked this before. Regardless...mucho feedback is going to support the past buying behavior of other writers here.

I don''t see on their web site, or recall from their comment...about how WF sees their ACA Princess as an improvement over what earning an AGS0 requires of them.

I vaguely recall Paul from Infinity sort of making suggestions about this, while also speaking conservatively about the significance of getting the zero.

All told...despite past users past practice...either saving money or going larger is valued by most everybody.

Does it continue to be clear that spending more money and/or going smaller is worth it for going to WF or GOG over a place like Excel?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ira, I would prefer Excel Diamonds to at least display their AGS cert so that we know it is a DQD, although it is implied with their statement of AGS0 princess. Which is why I usually recommend stones from BN, at least the certs are online and you can see if it is from DQD or DQR report.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/8/2008 6:08:33 PM
Author:cooperchien
Hi, I like many experts' opinions on this site. I thank everyone for sharing his or her wonderful knowledge here.
I am in the market for an AGS ideal princess cut diamond. After visiting lots of mall stores, I learned to value cut the most in a diamond.
However, cut seems to be a hidden secret in many online stores, too. I went to a few popular sites but I could not never easily search a loose diamond by the cut grade.
39.gif

Can anyone recommand me or let me know a place that I can search the diamond by the cut grade?
If you work with a vendor who has in house diamonds, you can find some well cut Princess among GIA graded diamonds if you have a cut quality minded vendor who has ASET/ photographs/ Idealscope available, unless you absolutely have to have an AGS0 graded Princess, good GIA Princess are out there.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/9/2008 1:42:02 PM
Author: Regular Guy
I''ve asked this before. Regardless...mucho feedback is going to support the past buying behavior of other writers here.

I don''t see on their web site, or recall from their comment...about how WF sees their ACA Princess as an improvement over what earning an AGS0 requires of them.

I vaguely recall Paul from Infinity sort of making suggestions about this, while also speaking conservatively about the significance of getting the zero.

All told...despite past users past practice...either saving money or going larger is valued by most everybody.

Does it continue to be clear that spending more money and/or going smaller is worth it for going to WF or GOG over a place like Excel?
Are you saying there isn''t anything special about an ACA related to a "regular" AGS0 cut princess?

giancarlo

Rough_Rock
Maybe check Wonder Jewelers from Los Angeles Diamond district. I bought few items there and am very satisfied with professional suppoert and quick delivery

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2008 2:07:52 PM
Author: hoofbeats95

Are you saying there isn''t anything special about an ACA related to a ''regular'' AGS0 cut princess?

I think they are more tightly controlled as far as cut goes, but that isn''t to say that you can''t find a "regular" AGS0 princess that isn''t just as nice.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Stone,

Without turning to the web-sites to confirm, I believe Excel will give you a discount (as compared to BN) to make it worth your while to confirm they're light performance zeros. (Also, I would not appreciate buying a diamond from BN, to have the host vendor call the cut: good. I may know it's quite good. But...let's say our beloved who hasn't studied here asks how BN rates it. What do you have to say...they just don't know how good it is? Actually...that is the case...but do you really have to work to make it believeable!) Yes...it's trouble to ask...but I think that's what these are (light performance zeros from Excel). Certainly, everybody's time is wasted if they're not...cause I'd recommend they be returned...and they were used because that feature is what is sought after.

And...

Date: 12/9/2008 3:57:04 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 12/9/2008 2:07:52 PM
Author: hoofbeats95

I've asked this before. Regardless...mucho feedback is going to support the past buying behavior of other writers here.

I don't see on their web site, or recall from their comment...about how WF sees their ACA Princess as an improvement over what earning an AGS0 requires of them.

Are you saying there isn't anything special about an ACA related to a 'regular' AGS0 cut princess?

I think they are more tightly controlled as far as cut goes, but that isn't to say that you can't find a 'regular' AGS0 princess that isn't just as nice.
Neat,

Your guess may even be reasonable...but I've not seen someone from WF seek to represent this is the case.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ira,

Agreed, just my preference as I am already buying almost blind if buying from drop shippers I would like to see the report to verify it is as stated at the very least. I have yet to check out what are the price difference between the 2 of them for a similar AGS0 stone. Also, the beloved that received the stone most likely will never know what the host vendor grade it as, she will only see the AGSL DQD report and that states it is ideal. :p

cooperchien

Rough_Rock
Ya. My beloved can see only 2 characters from a princess cut. If it looks like a good square (L:W ratio) and how sparkling it is. Then she will read the AGS report and feel happy that everything else is ideal.
However, now I learned more about a princess cut diamond. I become the one who is more picky......

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
whiteflash, jamesallen, goodoldgold.com, engagementringsdirect, pearlmansjewelers, and bluenile if you want to go for a little more hunting.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2008 7:27:07 PM
Author: kcoursolle
whiteflash, jamesallen, goodoldgold.com, engagementringsdirect, pearlmansjewelers, and bluenile if you want to go for a little more hunting.
If it matters, having just checked, JA...while having lots of stuff, including ample AGS0 rounds...seems to have no AGS zero princesses. And he does say: "I am in the market for an AGS ideal princess cut diamond."

Ms.Goggles

Shiny_Rock
Hi cooper,

Have you checked out dimendscaasi? We got an infinity round from them, but you can search by cut & I know they have infinity and ideal cut princesses! We''re from Chicago so we were able to go in & see their stuff (which was awesome!) but they also do "Innerviews" where they''ll show you your diamond live online. Hope this is helpful! Good luck!

cooperchien

Rough_Rock
Wow. It is amazing. I am dealing with Issac now and looking for an Infinity diamond.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results