salcas

Rough_Rock
See attached for the image.

I don't have the Gia report handy, but some are the specs are as follow:

carat: 1.08
Cut: triple ex
color: G
clarity: vs2

HCA score: 1.7 (can't recall exact proportions)

I'm really just curious about the idealscope image at the moment and wondering if it looks pretty good? According to the James Allen gemologist, "this diamond has extremely strong light return spread very evenly throughout. There are no problem areas of light leakage or lesser return. You can see in the 360 degree video the intense sparkle and fire this diamond contains as well. All around this diamond will dazzle you in person."

IMG_0488.JPG

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm far from expert but it looks pretty good to me, maybe someone else will offer an opinion soon.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks good. Do you have a link to the stone?

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I see some leakage in the table and tons around the edges of the stone.

Last edited:

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nice, a stone cut for fire (HCA deems it to be within FIC proportions). IS looks relatively good to me. Interesting angle combo (36 CA/40.6 PA). Video looks pretty good to me.

Though the IS from 8-11 o'clock shows a little haziness/less contrast on the arrow shafts. I wonder if that's due to the "additional clouds and pinpoints not shown" referred to in the GIA report.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My concern also is with some of the arrows being gray and hazy.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nice, a stone cut for fire (HCA deems it to be within FIC proportions). IS looks relatively good to me. Interesting angle combo (36 CA/40.6 PA). Video looks pretty good to me.

Though the IS from 8-11 o'clock shows a little haziness/less contrast on the arrow shafts. I wonder if that's due to the "additional clouds and pinpoints not shown" referred to in the GIA report.

The arrows are well defined in the actual video.
temp.jpg
showing that if the photographer put the camera lens slightly closer to the diamond there would be 8 defined arrows. However here the LGF also have some obstruction so it might have been the trade off between 8 crisp arrows with some obstruction in the LGF, or a lovely looking idealscope but with some faded arrows. Clouds would have to be very extreme to cause that much fading, particularly as it's VS2

Either way it's a lovely looking stone. The narrower arrows (~80%) LGF are more suited for FIC diamonds.

Should be a fiery one. Let us know what you think if you get it.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with gm89uk's assessment. The clarity of contrast/arrows are sensitive to the angle of obstruction, espacially for 36/40.6 combo.
High crown angle+LGH of 80%+ (which I think borderline 82/83%) should produce tiny and splintery fires.
For a 36/40.6, it has good light return and no/minimum light leakage under the table IMHO.

Regarding the oversize light leakage around the edges (between the arrowheads), it is mainly due to the LGH of 80%+.

I also must add that, at 7.5k, it is reasonably priced, but not attractively priced for a non-house stone.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results