shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Mentor Me About Girdles

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Scoop

Rough_Rock
All,

I''ve done my research and read the tutorials....but alas, a question persists.

I am looking to purchase a princess cut.

The GIA certificate states the Girdle is "Medium to Very Thick". The Sarin Report indicates it is .11 and 1.7%. When I plug this info into gemappaisers.com (DIY Cut Grading), it comes out to a "3A" (domestic average cut). Am I misreading the chart? Am I placing too much emphasis on the girdle? Some tutorials state that a thick girdle may be a good buy as it facilitates a lesser loss of light.

Please help --- either I''m totally clueless or getting way to anal.

Thanks for any help you can provide
1.gif

faith

Rough_Rock
scoop,
You have to be very careful with a girdle that is too thick. If the girdle is too thick, you will loose carat weight in the girdle, therefore not getting the maximum size for the carat weight. Best advice is to look at the stone in natural light and make sure that it reflects a lot of white light as well as spectral colors. Also make sure you have a money back guarantee in case you can't see it before you buy it. Hope this helps.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results