shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Shay

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone. A good friend of mine has just got engaged!
36.gif

Her problem is (man to have a problem like this
31.gif
) that her fiance is using a family diamond and then she can choose the setting. The stone is round, and she really doesn''t like the look of rounds. I know I''ve seen pictures around here of round stones in a square halo... or an octagon halo in one droolworthy case. Of course now I can''t find a single picture of these.

If anyone has a picture of this please post it here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Hi shay,

Congrats to your friend on her engagement!
36.gif
I''m currently working on my custom ring which will have an octagonal halo & bezel to set a round stone. I''m doing this to make the stone look less round.

Here''s the link to my thread.

Here''s another octagonal bezel setting w/o halo. Good luck to your friend--let us know what she chooses!

Octagonal mounting.jpg

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the antique ring from Fay Cullen that was an inspiration for BrightSpot''s upcoming custom ring:

faycullen8796.jpg

clementine

Shiny_Rock
I started out looking for a princess and ended up with a RB. Most people think it''s square because it really looks that way from a distance.

Copy of Ring2.jpg

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
A four prong setting with heavier (more metal) prongs will give a squarish look.

AKAnurse

Rough_Rock
Here is a really pretty one. I believe this one belongs to cute330xigrl. There are also some other halo sets at www.precisionset.com. Really pretty.

DSC06542.jpeg

Shay

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the help guys, those are exactly what I was looking for.
35.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Shay,

Does your friend like the antique look? If so, there are lots of mountings, especially those w/ triple bead prongs like clementine''s gorgeous ring, that will make a round stone look more square.

Check out the mountings at www.antiqueengagementrings.com.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results