shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

caesarsalad

Rough_Rock
I agree with the rest.. getting a ACA with AGS cert with the price about the same... is a much better choice...

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Useless insurance, as it does not cover lost or theft. The normal insurance does cover that and everything else covered by the store insurance.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/9/2009 9:37:40 PM
Author: diamonds.are.a.girls.bestfriend
Wow...you guys are all so helpful and supportive!! Thank you so much! I''m definitely going to take you all up on your offers of helping us find a new diamond if we don''t end up purchasing this one (which looks unlikely now...
38.gif
)

I have another question though regarding online buying: what happened when you want to insure your diamond? I know many stores offer full warranties replacing your stone if it chips, cracks, falls out. And they are usually lifetime warranties. With a stone that large and pricey, I want to know I have some sort of security! Do you know if online stores offer any type of insurance, or do I have to get it on my own? That is another major factor influencing our purchase.
33.gif
The term Ideal Cut is often used to describe diamonds which do not in fact meet " ideal cut'' standards, this is commonplace so do check out each stone on its desirable physical ( proportions) and visual properties.

Insurance - read your small print carefully to make sure you are covered for all risks, here are some popular companies.

www.jewelersmutual.com

www.chubb.com

www.touchstoneinsurance.com

outatouch0

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/9/2009 6:27:53 PM
Author: diamonds.are.a.girls.bestfriend
Ya Atlanta is not really that close!!

Just a thought here - If you are talking about spending $22,000 on a stone
22.gif
is a trip to Atlanta really out of line? Especially if you save two thousand bucks and get a better diamond - the trip will pay for itself!!!
30.gif

You can contact them ahead of time so they can have a number of diamonds there for you to see firsthand. UD is a GREAT company and they WILL take care of you. Just give them a call.

Thanks again for answering all of my questions. It's nice to hear so many different answers from people that don't work in the store I'm buying from! Kinda puts things into perspective!!! I appreciate it soooo much!! You guys are awesome!

I never thought of the insurance (or warranty) the store tries to sell you is comparable to the useless extended warranty that is offered on electronics. Looking at it that way, it would be dumb to even consider it. The woman at the store made it seem like having the stone shatter and chip was likely "if you hit it at the right angle" so we thought it would be safe to do so on such a large purchase. But, I'm still looking into home insurance that will cover it for a reasonable price per year. We will definitely look into all of your suggestions!
21.gif

Outoftouch: A trip to Atlanta doesn't seem like a crazy idea, but I guess I didn't think it would be this hard to buy a diamond. We didn't really know all of the factors working against finding something we thought was perfect. I think we were very naive and thought we could just walk into a store and find it right away (like some of my friends have). But you are very right: for $22,000 we should be going that extra mile for exactly what we want.

If anyone comes across a great 2+ carat stone (VS1-SI1, F-H colour, great cut) that is in our budget (with platinum band) please point me in the right direction!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results