shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help with this LGD… blue nuisance?

E

earthlinkjo

Hello! I am looking at the following LGD.

It is HPHT, but does not say anything further about what type of HPHT or the materials (boron, etc???). I thought that because it is GIA E rated I would be safe against brown or blue influences, but I am now reading otherwise on here.

Could you take a look and share your thoughts/opinions?

Comments beyond the blue nuisance subject also welcome. Ideally I was looking for a stone closer to 3 ct., but this was the best I could find (on my own ;-) so far given the stats and pricing, and wanting to ensure it is GIA certified, HPHT and VVS2 or higher. I don’t mind an F color at all, but read that sometimes they can be more brown/blue, so I assumed going E was just easier.

video: https://diamondurl.com/Vision360.html?d=L40-44

Link:

74392D1F-12B1-49C7-87FE-5383ACCB2F5C.png

Thank you!

- J

Last edited by a moderator:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We need a video in order to assess blue nuance fully. Blue nuance can exist in stones of any color, including D, even though by definition a D should not have any color. This stone is also priced on the high side. Take a look at this one.

E

earthlinkjo

We need a video in order to assess blue nuance fully. Blue nuance can exist in stones of any color, including D, even though by definition a D should not have any color. This stone is also priced on the high side. Take a look at this one.

Thank you Kim!

Here is the video: https://diamondurl.com/Vision360.html?d=L40-44

Also looking for HPHT process only, GIA certified (full report, no dossier) and for the GIA report to state “no evidence of treatment detected”. It may be super silly, but there is a company that you can resell your LCD to, but they have strict parameters as to what they will buy. But, as the big argument is that LCD‘s have no resale value, I liked that I found at least one source that said that simply was not true. Not that I ever plan to sell it, but I do like the security of knowing it at least might retain some resale value like earth mined ones do… to some degree.

Hope that helps explain my madness and why I am willing to spend more.

3.45 is larger than what I would ideally want… really was hoping to find closer to a 3 ct.

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
I actually found really nice one with lower price at Gemsny.com
They currently have 20% sale so its really a good deal if you are going to use outside vendor to set the ring.
Maybe you wanna take a look!

E

earthlinkjo

I actually found really nice one with lower price at Gemsny.com
They currently have 20% sale so its really a good deal if you are going to use outside vendor to set the ring.
Maybe you wanna take a look!

Thanks Apple! Oh wow, too big for me. I was hoping to find a 3 ct., but the 3.45 I listed and linked to was the closest I could find given my desired parameters (GIA, HPHT only with GIA note of “no evidence of treated was detected, VVS2 or higher, E). I just need to understand if it has the blue nuisance or not

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Kim!

Here is the video: https://diamondurl.com/Vision360.html?d=L40-44

Also looking for HPHT process only, GIA certified (full report, no dossier) and for the GIA report to state “no evidence of treatment detected”. It may be super silly, but there is a company that you can resell your LCD to, but they have strict parameters as to what they will buy. But, as the big argument is that LCD‘s have no resale value, I liked that I found at least one source that said that simply was not true. Not that I ever plan to sell it, but I do like the security of knowing it at least might retain some resale value like earth mined ones do… to some degree.

Hope that helps explain my madness and why I am willing to spend more.

3.45 is larger than what I would ideally want… really was hoping to find closer to a 3 ct.

Definitely no blue nuance on this stone. You're good to go!

E

earthlinkjo

Definitely no blue nuance on this stone. You're good to go!

Yaaaaay!

Kim, thank you so much! You have been a huge help answering my questions these past two days.

Jewelry/stone buying can be so fun and exciting (and rewarding in the end))… but it can also be very fearful and stressful.

I really appreciate your help!

- J

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
I see! I don't think there is blue nuance for the one you are asking.

But I found some really nice ones close to the one you are asking with less price tag.
And FD make really beautiful ring and they offer stone review for you to choose.
Of course, you still need KiM or Deja to double check those stones like you are interested in.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yaaaaay!

Kim, thank you so much! You have been a huge help answering my questions these past two days.

Jewelry/stone buying can be so fun and exciting (and rewarding in the end))… but it can also be very fearful and stressful.

I really appreciate your help!

- J

You're welcome!

But I found some really nice ones close to the one you are asking with less price tag.
And FD make really beautiful ring and they offer stone review for you to choose.
Of course, you still need KiM or Deja to double check those stones like you are interested in.

These are great stones, aapple0112! I really like the 3.53, and it's significantly less than the 3.45 from Adiamor. Runners-up are 3.23 and 3.28. earthlinkjo, if you are interested in any of these, I would ask Frank Darling to call them in and take ASET images. 35/40.8 can be great but can also sometimes have leakage under the table.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Definitely no blue nuance!
Easy way to try and tell is look at the side profile out near the edges of the crown...if you see steely-blue or steely-gray, then it's probably blue nuance.
This one has slightly yellowish concentration, so no blue nuance:

Screenshot_20230123-152857-452.png

E

earthlinkjo

Ohhhh… agree with Kim, the runner up 3.28 looks really nice to me. Thank you for doing this leg work!

E

earthlinkjo

Definitely no blue nuance!
Easy way to try and tell is look at the side profile out near the edges of the crown...if you see steely-blue or steely-gray, then it's probably blue nuance.
This one has slightly yellowish concentration, so no blue nuance:

Screenshot_20230123-152857-452.png

Thank you DejaWiz. I am happy you also saw this. Do you think this is a good stone per your opinion?

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
Ohhhh… agree with Kim, the runner up 3.28 looks really nice to me. Thank you for doing this leg work!

No Problem! I really enjoy searching beautiful diamonds! You might want to text or call FD to reserve the stone! you can actually reserve 3 stones to choose from.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thank you DejaWiz. I am happy you also saw this. Do you think this is a good stone per your opinion?

No...I think this is a GREAT diamond!

E

earthlinkjo

Well… someone bought the one I was looking at. :cry2: Wow, I put a full week into researching and finding that one. How sad. But, I will pick up and dust off and start over. I was worried 3.45 would be too big for my finger anyway, and I don’t know if E is too white, as I am coming up from a G. F would be ideal, but I read it can be a tricky color with lab made, which is how I originally settled on E.

Kim, Apple, do you mind helping again?

- 3ct - 3.36 ct.
- F or E (D is too white).
- No fluorescence, no blue nuisance, no brown
- VVS2 or VVS1
- GIA (full certification, not just the dossier)
- HPHT only with GIA note of “no evidence of treated was detected

Thank you!

J

E

earthlinkjo

Anyone see blue nuisance in this one? And is thin to medium 3% girdle okay, or only stick to that 3.5% medium to thick?

E1142391-A98A-43C7-AEC4-7BB7C1B19D5B.jpeg

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Definitely don't exclude D (especially if it's HPHT) and VS1 clarity...with ideal proportions and angles, there will be no noticeable difference between an equally well cut and proportioned E or F color and VVS2 or VVS1: This would at least would give you more options to pick from and not further shrink the field of candidates that's already shrunken down from targeting diamonds that fall within very specific proportions and angles ranges.

Found some for you to try and get availability and pricing on...I couldn't find videos for some of them, so they would have to be screened for blue nuance:

E

earthlinkjo

Definitely don't exclude D (especially if it's HPHT) and VS1 clarity...with ideal proportions and angles, there will be no noticeable difference between an equally well cut and proportioned E or F color and VVS2 or VVS1: This would at least would give you more options to pick from and not further shrink the field of candidates that's already shrunken down from targeting diamonds that fall within very specific proportions and angles ranges.

Found some for you to try and get availability and pricing on...I couldn't find videos for some of them, so they would have to be screened for blue nuance:

Thanks DejaWiz! I am really liking this one I found. Do you see blue nuance in it? It has a 3% girdle that says thin to medium, which is why I initially passed on it. But, I think I am reading that thin/medium is okay. Is that correct (or your view also?). It may be silly, but the size of this diamond is MY WEDDING DATE! So… that feels special. If there is no blue nuance and 3% girdle is safe, this might be the one… and then I won’t be sad at all that the other one got snatched up from under me.
420F5DBE-5C59-4952-AD1C-B01F1A222C0F.jpeg

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thanks DejaWiz! I am really liking this one I found. Do you see blue nuance in it? It has a 3% girdle that says thin to medium, which is why I initially passed on it. But, I think I am reading that thin/medium is okay. Is that correct (or your view also?). It may be silly, but the size of this diamond is MY WEDDING DATE! So… that feels special. If there is no blue nuance and 3% girdle is safe, this might be the one… and then I won’t be sad at all that the other one got snatched up from under me.
420F5DBE-5C59-4952-AD1C-B01F1A222C0F.jpeg

It looks like it may very have blue nuance, but hard to say for certain...do you have a link to a video so I can further assess it?

E

earthlinkjo

It looks like it may very have blue nuance, but hard to say for certain...do you have a link to a video so I can further assess it?

Thank you! Here is the video…

I found an additional diamond, let’s call it choice #2. Same question, blue nuance?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Here is the video…

I found an additional diamond, let’s call it choice #2. Same question, blue nuance?

I think #1 may have very slight blue nuance. I also see an unevenly cut pavilion. #2 has no blue nuance and is better cut.

E

earthlinkjo

I think #1 may have very slight blue nuance. I also see an unevenly cut pavilion. #2 has no blue nuance and is better cut.

Thank you Kim.

#2 is GIA VVS1. These are the inclusions. What are your feelings about them? Looks okay given VVS1 or pass?

CF650924-DFB5-4ECB-A367-3A29F2376453.jpeg

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
^ what @Kim N said. #2 is the better diamond, and no concerns at VVS1 clarity (I wouldn't have concerns with any VS1, most VS2, and even many SI1).

E

earthlinkjo

^ what @Kim N said. #2 is the better diamond, and no concerns at VVS1 clarity (I wouldn't have concerns with any VS1, most VS2, and even many SI1).

Amazing, thank you!

aapple0112

Shiny_Rock
All the @DejaWiz found are incredible! I would pick D color thought :bigsmile:

I found one with higher crown if you are interested.
It Is F VVS2 HPHT. I think you know how to fine this one, right?
You can request up to 3 stones to review it, it won't hurt to request more than 1 to compare in case the one you choose couldn't pass AEST or blue nuance test.

Video

Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 13.09.05.png

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
All the @DejaWiz found are incredible! I would pick D color thought :bigsmile:

I found one with higher crown if you are interested.
It Is F VVS2 HPHT. I think you know how to fine this one, right?
You can request up to 3 stones to review it, it won't hurt to request more than 1 to compare in case the one you choose couldn't pass AEST or blue nuance test.

Video

Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 13.09.05.png

What's the grading report number for this one, aapple0112?
From what I am seeing, either the CA, the PA, or both are slightly too steep.

E

earthlinkjo

THANK YOU also much Kim, DejaWiz and Apple!

Once again, you made such a big impact on my day and helping me through the twists and turns of this decision.

I just placed my order for diamond #2.

When it arrives and all is well I will absolutely come back and share photos along with my thanks to all of you again. <3

- J

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THANK YOU also much Kim, DejaWiz and Apple!

Once again, you made such a big impact on my day and helping me through the twists and turns of this decision.

I just placed my order for diamond #2.

When it arrives and all is well I will absolutely come back and share photos along with my thanks to all of you again. <3

- J

It's a beauty! Can't wait to see your photos of it when it arrives!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results