shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help with setting upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,

Just want to thank everyone in advance for their help. Anyways, I currently have a 0.565 ACA round, H, VS2 diamond in a plain white gold "tiffany" style setting. Well, after seeing all the beautiful rings here in PS I''m considering having a setting upgrade. I obviously don''t want anything too expensive that it exceeds the value of the stone so I''m looking somewhere around $700-800 in white gold. Do you guys have any suggestions? Some diamonds on the side would be nice and I don''t care about a designer brand (although maybe someday when I get a diamond upgrade hehe). Anyways, that''s about it.

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
wow I really love the whiteflash one!!

Another question: do you think a different style solitaire will actually make a large visual difference? I still like solitaires but someone the tiffany style doesn''t have quite the "wow" factor for me.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
Oh gosh I LOVE LOVE LOVE all those rings!

Ok, this might sound like a dumb question, what do I do with my old set? Do I just get rid of it in a pawn shop? I don''t think you can trade a used setting right?

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Ebree you''re the best! Of course my DH isn''t very thrilled I''m going through setting-obsession
3.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2007 3:47:10 PM
Author: fabcrab
Oh gosh I LOVE LOVE LOVE all those rings!

Ok, this might sound like a dumb question, what do I do with my old set? Do I just get rid of it in a pawn shop? I don''t think you can trade a used setting right?
No, you won''t be able to trade in a used setting. Sell it on ebay or at a pawn shop. You aren''t likely to get much for a used gold tiffany setting. Of course, some people keep the old setting and put an inexpensive colored stone in it.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know that it is a chain store, but Jared has a really nice selection of settings. I actually bought my setting there and traded it in on a new one when I wanted to upgrade the setting again. They gave me 100% of what I paid and I had to double the original price.

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
so is knox jewelers a reputable place to business with?

I like the idea of getting a colored stone, but that probably won''t be until later
8.gif

I actually really love this one:
http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=264&rn=920&action=show_detail
but it says the recommended center stone is 1 ct. Do you think it will overwhelm my center stone?

I want to thank everyone again. You are all soo amazingly helpful.
36.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like that one...no, I don''t think that it would overwhelm your stone at all!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2007 9:48:28 PM
Author: fabcrab
so is knox jewelers a reputable place to business with?

I like the idea of getting a colored stone, but that probably won''t be until later
8.gif

I actually really love this one:
http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=264&rn=920&action=show_detail
but it says the recommended center stone is 1 ct. Do you think it will overwhelm my center stone?

I want to thank everyone again. You are all soo amazingly helpful.
36.gif
Knox jewelers is excellent. Brian knox is a dream to work with. He made me a custom RHR setting and he also made my fi''s wedding band. Both were beautifully executed for a very reasonable price. Brian has great attention to detail and answers emails very quickly during business hours. I would definitely recommend him.

The setting you listed looks lovely, and he could probably make you one with a head that fits a .50.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results