shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me 6-prong solitaires please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My friend is in the process of ring shopping. I''m trying to gather some pics of 6-prongs solitaires (with or w/out eternity band setting). Can everyone post their 6-prongs?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a picture of my original wedding set. The rb was 0.73 ct I SI1 and was traded up for the pear I have now.

rbsi.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s my original wedding set

mrssalvo.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
MrsSalvo, what was the ct of your stone? and what is your finger size? It''s a beautiful set. Did you trade in the stone?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2006 9:43:45 PM
Author: sunkist
MrsSalvo, what was the ct of your stone? and what is your finger size? It''s a beautiful set. Did you trade in the stone?

It''s a 1.2 carat OEC and my finger size is 3 1/2. It''s a long story that''s on here somewhere, but after having the stone appraised for a new setting I found out it was chipped and had to turn it over to our insurance company in the claim
7.gif
. It was a beautiful stone and I do miss it, but was already planning on upgrading to something larger so I went ahead and let it go..

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
This is my six prong solitaire:
head%20of%20lockes%20ring%201.JPG

outsideoneaster0.JPG

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never noticed the surprise stones in the head of your ring, Mat. I think I was blinded by all the bling.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
great shots of your ring Mat..love it..

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mata, I love love love your setting! How do you go about getting Locke to set your diamond? I want to suggest your setting to my friend. Do they have a website?

Shawna13

Rough_Rock
Oooh... I''m loving these 6-prong solitaires!

A lot of them look the same from the top view.

Do you ladies have pictures of the side view?? (except you matatora... pretty sure I can picture your ring in my sleep now... yummy)

Thanks from me too!!!

-Shawna-
(On the hunt for replacement engagement ring design)

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
My 6 prong rb solitaire is long gone, as is mrssalvo''s, and I don''t have any side views of it in pictures....but I know there are more PSers with this type of setting....hopefully they''ll come out of the woodwork for you and show some profiles pictures!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

Firegoddess- they are very subtle.

MrsSalvo, thank you…once again the best shot is while driving…maybe I will photo document the drive from AL to NJ…it could help keep me awake.

CareBear- I went into NYC and spoke with a gentleman there and then corresponded with him primarily via email and a few phone calls. They have to see and approve of the stone, then they give you a quote, you send them half, they finish the ring, you send the other half. Very quick, painless really. If someone can help us I can send you his email address and phone number. Lockes Diamonds

Shawna13- yea I have all the subtly of a freight train, if I like something you know it! For side veiws try looking hereAt WF most of these have side views.

IE this reminds me of FG''s orignal ring
/images/site/g_lostF.jpg

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a really bad side view, but it''s all I have:

kvl419side.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
2.13 ACA J SI2

link

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
here is mine. the one on the left is the original setting. the one on right is current setting.

bothACAring2 copy.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
another shot.

BothKnuckles2.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2006 11:15:50 PM
Author: Shawna13

Do you ladies have pictures of the side view?? (except you matatora... pretty sure I can picture your ring in my sleep now... yummy)

-Shawna-

(On the hunt for replacement engagement ring design)

I don''t have a sideview picture either but it looked like the picture Matatora posted.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2006 8:11:07 AM
Author: jcrow
another shot.
30.gif
Jcrow I just cannot get past how lovely your ring is.
18.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
awe, thanks mat!
5.gif

i think the same of yours!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
here''s suzi''s 3.17

1hofandband.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
iceman''s

iceman1.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
PreCiouSJeWeL920''s

MRING.jpg

Shawna13

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/19/2006 8:10:02 AM
here is mine. the one on the left is the original setting. the one on right is current setting.
Wow jcrow... your new setting is definitely more flattering... wow...

I wonder if you could do that same type of custom head on a 1ct to 1.25ct diamond without the metal overpowering the stone? (or one like Matatora's)

I know that bichon I believe has a 6-prong setting and said it was a 1.15ct stone, but I still don't believe that it's a 1.15ct.... WAY too big... has to be way bigger than that.

CareBear: Do you not already have a 6-prong solitaire?? And a 1.4ct one at that!! Could we see pics of your ring??? (or does your friend want something a bit different?)

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2006 6:29:53 PM
Author: Shawna13
Date: 4/19/2006 8:10:02 AM

Wow jcrow... your new setting is definitely more flattering... wow...

I wonder if you could do that same type of custom head on a 1ct to 1.25ct diamond without the metal overpowering the stone? (or one like Matatora''s)

Thanks!
I don''t see why they couldn''t.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results