shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help with floor tile :(

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Is this cheeezy? It''s ceramic that ''looks'' like marble...

enigma.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmmm...hard to tell from the pic how that would actually look. have you seen it? i''ve seen some really good imitation marble (also, some not so very good) depending on where this lies, it would be a great alternative. especially as an accent piece(s).

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2005 4:50:18 PM
Author: moremoremore
Is this cheeezy? It''s ceramic that ''looks'' like marble...
I''m not sure, but I say go with something that is what it is, not attempting to be marble. . .I do like the little tile ones that you''ve posted and think they''d look great as seen in some of the photos. I also think the little ones look more unique and stylish for an older home. We use to own a house from the 30s and they updated one of the bathrooms with those 3 X 3 (or whatever measurement) tiles for the inside of the shower/tub stall and crappy linoleum ones for the floor and these seemed to take away from the character of the house. When looking to the future, as in resale value, the more authentic to the time period, the better (IMO).

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
when you''re right, you''re right. And you''re both right.
I''m sticking with I have have.
It''s just that I SO love marble.
To make matters worse, I saw a design mag and I really just said WOW. It had subtle marble subway tile with a simple curved cap molding....the subway tile ran onto the floor...then there was this magnificant free standing tub with a blue and other color mosaic carpet. It was STUNNING. I''m going to get that mag and save it for my forever home bathroom or something.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2005 4:50:18 PM
Author: moremoremore
Is this cheeezy? It's ceramic that 'looks' like marble...
32.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
To make matters worse, I saw a design mag and I really just said WOW. It had subtle marble subway tile with a simple curved cap molding....the subway tile ran onto the floor...then there was this magnificant free standing tub with a blue and other color mosaic carpet. It was STUNNING. I''m going to get that mag and save it for my forever home bathroom or something.
No more magazines for you!!! lol They''ll just make you go crazy with the debit card. My newest problem is stupid magazines like Vogue. I keep reading them and then heading to the "upscale mall" (lol) in our region. My husband sighed with relief when I took the Chanel makeup back. lol! (but I only took it back because the colors weren''t right for me
7.gif
) lol hehehe (I''ll head back on Feb. 17 to check out MAC''S new colors - calendar is marked & extra $ is hidden in my closet
9.gif
)

PLEASE post before and after shots of your bathroom for us!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
ROTFL J-Fo...I didn''t think it was that bad LOL

OMG, MC- if I took a before shot you''d be like...she''s obsessing over a bathroom the size of a closet? :) Plus, if I took a pic of it now, you''d lose your breakfast! :) It''s so gross. But I think I will take some and post when it''s done....thanks for your help!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s an all white bathroom that uses teak as the color eye-popper. I adore this picture in the catalog, it''s from Pottery Barn.

(why doesn''t my bathroom look like this? WHY?!

pb1.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and here is a favorite...blue as you mention. I adore blue in bathrooms and rooms, against white it is a very ''cool'' feeling. Our bedroom is blue and whites and it always feels very FRESH. Only downer is in the winter it sometime feels too cold, but for the most part I love the blue and white combos with natural taupes.

pb2.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

and since we are on the subject of amazing rooms and using blue, I LOVE this picture too. Our walls in our bedroom are blue, bedding is white and furniture is the dark mahagony shown in this picture so it's a bit different, but I think this is a great combo of the neutral taupe/browns and blue/whites. It looks warm and fresh at the same time. YUM!

Good luck...I think the floor option you chose will be great and I love the idea of doing light blue walls (careful with getting TOO icy or else it will feel very cold....), or you can do a light taupe for the walls, like in the floor tiles, and then accents with blue for most of the year and then accent with a color like a cranberry or burgundy for fall/winter!

pb3.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I love blue with wood and brown tones. You are right about using an icy blue...It took me forever...and I mean forever...going cross-eyes....going insane...but I found and used the best blue in my den that I'm going to use in the bathroom (unless I go gray beige)...it's not icy...I hate those icey blues...I picked a gray blue that you look at and you're like.."that's definitely blue...but it could be gray...not, it's definitely blue" LOL...It's soothing...something that a lot of light blues are not. It doesn't have an *edge* / is very easy on the eyes...hard to explain...I' m just in love with marble for floors...but not willing to risk my health i guess! I'm going to Ann Sacks in NYC tomorrow and going to find a prat and lambert retailer b/c they have a gray and white carera like hex floor. I bet I'll end up with the white hex with dark gray grout.
The gray beige walls would let me do blue accents and I could change it up...but that might be too boring.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi:

Had the same experience with the blues for my Master Bedroom/bath--choose a darker blue (red blue, not green blue) for a feature wall, while a lighter more subtle softer blue for the remainder. But comparing and contrasting the myraid of colors was mind bending!! Anyway, I took pics to send my family, but they came out very badly, not true at all, so I don''t think I''ll post them. I am glad I have choosen and at least that part is over.......

cheers--Sharon

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I''m late with my vote, but I LOVE a marble floor in the bath. We stayed at The Ritz Carlton in West Palm Beach, FL and had a huge bath with the most beautiful marble floor.....soooo yummy! Anywho, please post some pics for us so we can see the final choice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results