shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help with floor tile :(

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OK. I don''t know what to do here. I am going white subway tile wainscoting in my bathroom.

I was originally planning on doing white hexagon floor tile with dark gray grout.

UGH. Do you guys like these instead????

annsackscreme.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Maybe this is bigger.

cremehexannsacks.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
? Too dark? It''s a SMALL bathroom.

taupehexannsacks.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
?

auctile.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I LOVELOVELOVE this. But it''s marble
7.gif
Too slippery.

CarreraHexagonLarge.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I also prefer the marble. Sorry if this sounds lame, but with the darker "dotted" tile--would you become "distracted" by the pattern? I liked the lighter one, but almost thought there was some kind of subliminal message
11.gif
in the darker one......
Have you seen any examples of larger surface areas done in these patterns?

cheers--Sharon

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
This one is statuary marble...1 in hex. Would need to be sealed. Hmmm.

statuarymarble.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL...subliminal messages. I''m going to look this weekend.

The carera hex is 4" so too big

The statuary marble is 1" but that will look almost white...like the white hex which I ordered and am having second thoughts about.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
If you are going with white subway tile, I like the lighter floor (the first one). Marble definitely slippery when wet. I also agree with colored grout on the floor. I''ve had white grout, and it''s a pain in the rear to keep looking true white as the years go by. It does not have to be a dark color, but even light grey/taupe will be easier to care for, and I think you''ll like the contrast with the light tile.

DiamondLil

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
you like the first creme one better than white floor with gray grout???

Any takers on the statuary marble?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OK. We're going white. This is SO the look I love.

And I'm sure J-Fo wants to hurt me b/c she said to do white all along.
I think this changes my mind about my wall color. I was going to do gray/blue...but I may do a pale gray/beige and accent with blue silk drapes and an aubusson rug like that.

look.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s going to be awesome....i was gonna vote for the white!!
36.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!!! Plain white or marble white???!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MMM,
Ohhhh how lovely that bathroom will be. Have you thought of using a tile design that looks like a carpet instead of a real carpet? Just wanted to add more chaos to the decision making
11.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like the marble white because it adds some texture and warmth, without being overpowering.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Oh matata- don''t give me any ideas! I really can''t do that b/c it''s not worth it- taking into consideration where we live and how long we will be there...and the tiny floor size...really, it''s like 35 sq feet...TINY. Then plus the tub and then plus the shower.

Hmmm. The marble is $20 a square foot and I already ordered by matte white floor tile....so that would be a loss plus the new tile. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE it...but I think there are too many issues with the marble...cleaning, slipping, etc. SO, I''ve decided to get the plain white
7.gif

I will however add a carera marble shower curb, floor saddle and window ledge. Hopefully, that will be enough.

DO I DO the blue/gray wall or the beige/gray wall???

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
$20/sq ft? wow. (you don''t happen to have a rrrrreeeealllly small bathroom?)
but, really, the matte will be awesome....i like the idea of adding the marble in other places. i think it will be more than enough.
i vote gray/beige for the walls. you''re going to do blue floor and window coverings, right?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah, it''s really small. Trust me. Like 35 sq feet....then there is a shower and sep tub.

I would totally do blue with a beige/gray wall....

But then again, I love the way beige/gold drapes look with blue gray walls...but that doesn''t really work with the floor.

We shall see. I love how I work myself up only to settle on what I originally selected.

My subway tile is ready for pick up so I''m excited. My tub spout is ready March 1 LOL
20.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

MMM, I just want to thank you very much for using my bathroom as your inspiration....that photo is of my bathroom you know.....
2.gif

cheers--Sharon

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Well, that''s so funny b/c that''s the bath in my guest house don''t you know LOLOLOLOL..YEAH RIGHT!!!! You HAVE to see the others on that web site. I''m going to post them if I can find them...

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
mmm, i hope you can find more pics to post!!!
18.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I can''t find the site...will look again later...but here is the maid''s bedroom. It''s sufficient.

bedroom.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
my sitting room....LOL

sitting.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooohh, i like the color of the walls in the maids room!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Dreadful little kitchen.

kitchen1.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
The den.

LOL...actually, there is a bit too much white going on in this place...

den.jpg

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I''m totally out of this and way too late, but I wanted to say that I think you made a great choice! I LOVE the statuary marble, but my parents had it in their guest bathroom but had to quickly switch theirs out when my grandma slipped in there and broke her hip. So, I think you should stick with the white tiles. You have such good taste!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey mmm, i don''t want to get you off track here (no, don''t want to do that) but could you start a room designs thread and add more of those inspirational pics? i loooove looking at design pics.....

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
32.gif

Thank God I was at work today and only had to deal with the PMs.

j/k
2.gif

I love your taste and think it will be stunning! And I vote icy blue walls...or pale taupe--taupe looks good with black accents too.
37.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I liked the lighter one, but almost thought there was some kind of subliminal message
11.gif
in the darker one......
Have you seen any examples of larger surface areas done in these patterns?

cheers--Sharon
hahaha The photos remind me of those tests that put numbers in red and green dots and tell you to look to see if you can see the numbers and if you can''t, you''re color blind. lol

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results