shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help with diamond! :P

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amaninbush

Rough_Rock
I have been looking for diamonds for my engagement ring for my bf...... we recently found one and i was wondering if this one was alright for its price......

1.25ct H in color and VVS2 in clarity, EGL Certified for $4,469.00 Princess Cut
The measurements are 6.02 X 6 X 4.29
71.5% depth
73%% table width
6% crown height
63% pavillion
Thin gridle
polish and symmetry very good

Now i know that the table is a bit large and the crown is smaller than i would like.....But for the price
22.gif
and all the specs does this look good?
i know it is hard to tell without seeing the diamond but what are some opinions??
Thanks
25.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
EGL USA or overseas?

Through some expert opinons on the high efficiency of the market, you get what you pay.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2007 4:02:53 AM
Author: amaninbush
EGL
Hi aman,

There are different divisions of EGL, Julie was asking which one. If it''s EGS Israel, probably should pass. If it''s EGL USA, that would be better.

amaninbush

Rough_Rock
It was EGL European

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amaninbush - I just realized you have two threads going, it is best to stick to one as we have been answering both and it gets confusing!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can do a search on here, that division is known for soft grading. Your stone could likely be 2 color and clarity grades off (down). I''d pass, and stick with EGL USA. GIA and AGS would be better.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

amaninbush

Rough_Rock
What are a few reputable online places you would recomend?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice example El ! amaninbush, generally in a reliably graded diamond of the size you are considering, many SI1 diamonds could be eyeclean. It is best to ask the vendor to describe an SI diamond's inclusions for you exactly, so you know whether it fits your requirements, also know what eyeclean means to you.

Check out this thread for more info. Definitions of Eyeclean

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/26/2007 5:55:35 AM
My list would be;

Good old Gold
Wink Jones at Winfields
Whiteflash
James Allen
Engagement Rings Direct
Pearlmans
NiceIce

Any of these vendors are true experts, will help you and have all the info and cut quality info you need to make an informed purchase.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2007 5:55:35 AM
Whiteflash (which is where I pulled that stone from) and Goodoldgold would be two great places. I have bought from both, they are great to work with and very reputable!

http://www.goodoldgold.com/

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Someone beat me.
11.gif
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/26/2007 6:02:00 AM
Author: Ellen
Someone beat me.
11.gif
9.gif
hehehe...
11.gif
I have had coffee...!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2007 6:02:58 AM
Author: Lorelei

hehehe...
11.gif
I have had coffee...!
LOL!!!
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know too much about UD, well I know they are a reputable vendor, but I am not familiar with the info they provide for cut quality, return policies etc. You could try a search and see what pops up?

I just had a quick look at the diamond you posted, I can say don't assume that because a diamond has an Ideal Cut label used by the vendor that it IS well cut, you need to check each one individually. I will find the chart for you for good proportions for Princess cuts, that might help you.

Here's the chart. http://diamonds.pricescope.com/fnc1.asp

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
aman, buying a diamond online is challenging, buying a fancy cut even more so. I would really recommend learning all you can about what specs are best, how to read an Ideal Scope image, and an Aset image. It will help you a lot. And I would go with a vendor who gives you those images on their stones.
2.gif

http://diamonds.pricescope.com/fnc1.asp

This has a round for an example, but the colors apply to all.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ags-grading-system-aset-angular-spectrum-evaluation-tool.30509/

Again, a round is used, but the same colors discussed apply.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/Technologies/ReflectorTechnologies/WhatdoReflectorsTeachUs/

HTH!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results