shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help with CFWP strand

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

misssoph

Shiny_Rock
Hi all, I''m a new member and relatively new to Pearls too, and am looking for some advice fro my next purchase. I have a strand of south sea white Pearls which were an anniversary gift but I dont like to wear them everyday in case I lose them or something and keep them for special occasions. I was looking for a strand to wear more on a everyday basis, particularly to work. I have a limited budget. The strands I was thinking about were on the Pearl PAradise website either the 8-9mm white CFWP AA+ $240, 8-9 mm AAA $360 or the 7-8 mm Freshadama $240. What would you suggest?
26.gif

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Misssoph,

I found this on the Pearl Paradise site and hope it will help you... I have a strand of the AAA 7.0 - 7.5 CFWP strand from PP and really wish I had gone up to the 8's... Partially as I am older (50) and more full figured and think I would have liked the way the larger pearls would have looked on me. Don't get me wrong, I love the pearls I have and wear them often but I will upgrade in the near future. I'll keep the 7's as they are a great casual look on me but will go for the 8's as well.

Although I do have to say, Freshdama would probably trump the 8 mm for me...

Whatever you decide, I know you will love them!

Julie

6.5 to 7.0 millimeters
This is the size most commonly found in jewelry stores. These smaller pearls have traditionally been recommended as an idea size for younger ladies. A perfect choice for her first strand of pearls, this pearl size is often given as a sweet sixteen or graduation gift.

7.0 to 7.5 millimeters
This is the ideal pearl size for first-time buyers--pearls of this size are classic and elegant, yet not as pricey as some of the larger sizes. They are typically finished with high-end clasps. A necklace of these pearls makes a perfect gift to celebrate a special occasion--ideal for a birthday or college graduation gift, or for a bride on her wedding day.

8.0 to 8.5 millimeters
Pearls in this range are the first foray into what is considered a larger, more luxurious pearl size. Pearls that are 8.0mm in size or greater are relatively rare and consequently more valuable. This size is ideal for anniversary and birthday gifts, for new mothers, and for special occasions of any sort. These are for the woman who loves pearls--ideal for sophisticated ladies with refined and elegant taste.

misssoph

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I would love the 8-9 mm Freshadamas, but they are too expensive for me at the present, with Duty into Australia they would cost about $900 US, so I have to look at other options.....

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 8:41:28 PM
Author:misssoph
Hi all, I''m a new member and relatively new to Pearls too, and am looking for some advice fro my next purchase. I have a strand of south sea white Pearls which were an anniversary gift but I dont like to wear them everyday in case I lose them or something and keep them for special occasions. I was looking for a strand to wear more on a everyday basis, particularly to work. I have a limited budget. The strands I was thinking about were on the Pearl PAradise website either the 8-9mm white CFWP AA+ $240, 8-9 mm AAA $360 or the 7-8 mm Freshadama $240. What would you suggest?
26.gif

Misssoph,

I think you misunderstood me... I was not recommending you look at 8-9 mm Freshdamas and believe me, I truly understand the budget concerns!

I was suggesting that you look at the AAA 8-9 mm pearls or the Freshdamas as your budget allows. I think, for me, it is more an issue of going w/ a larger AAA size or the smaller Freshdama. It would be a very difficult decision for me so I was just trying to take the AA''s out of the mix.

Let me know what you decide and of course - post pics as soon as you get them!

Julie

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I would go with either the triple AAA or the freshadamas. Depends what you''re priority is. Some people love large pearls if that very important go with the triple AAA, but if size is not so much an issue and it''s quality you''re after go with the freshadamas. BTW since it will be shipped all the way to Australia you may want to have photos sent to you first. Just to make sure it''s the right overtone etc.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results