shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help! Si2 diamond inclusions

Stephaniekate9210

Rough_Rock
Hi all! I have had my engagement ring for almost a year now and chose the diamond myself. I’m in australia and brought my diamond from JA it’s igi graded as an si2 and the video looked very clean other than two inclusions on the edge of the stone *I was okay with this* I was told by JA that the stone other than those inclusions would be clean and sparkle beautifully. On the IGI cert there is no mapping or comments of inclusions. Anyway I was happy and the video looked good so we pulled the trigger. My diamond sparkles brilliantly *ideal cut* however I noticed in some lighting something just seemed off. I got a jewellery loupe and this is what I’ve found?! Please help is my stone cloudy af or is this a graining issue? It seems to be all through the stone! Do I even have any options at this point! I feel like I’ve been mislead DE8EB7C6-4B13-4846-BF8D-C57B2772FDCA.jpeg 721A5870-FDDF-41EB-93DF-92DD108C31A2.jpeg

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
Did you give it a good scrub? (I like dish soap and an old toothbrush for this!) Please post a link to the stone -- their magnified videos are awesome and if you didn't see it on the video, it's almost certainly dirt! Fingers crossed. :) I just got a 1.26ct IGI SI2 from JA and even though the inclusions are black, I can barely find them even with a loupe.

(Edited to fix "fish soap," hahaha)

Stephaniekate9210

Rough_Rock
Did you give it a good scrub? (I like dish soap and an old toothbrush for this!) Please post a link to the stone -- their magnified videos are awesome and if you didn't see it on the video, it's almost certainly dirt! Fingers crossed. :) I just got a 1.26ct IGI SI2 from JA and even though the inclusions are black, I can barely find them even with a loupe.

(Edited to fix "fish soap," hahaha)

thanks for the reply! sadly even after a clean the markings are still there :(
thats the video link to my stone. i cannot see anything in it like i am in person. Do i have any options at this point?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
That does look like heavy clouding, since cleaning made no improvement.

You can ask JA if there's anything that they can do for you. They also have an upgrade program that applies to LGD, but I'm not sure when that went live, so there's a possibility that you purchased prior to that.

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for the reply! sadly even after a clean the markings are still there :(
thats the video link to my stone. i cannot see anything in it like i am in person. Do i have any options at this point?

There aren't any clouds in the stone that I can see. Can you find the inclusions the video shows, to confirm that is the same diamond? It would be a shocker if it was the wrong one, but I can't explain the "clouds" any way other than dirt or the wrong diamond...! Maybe some kind of particularly tenacious grease or jewelry-making compound (I mean, what do I know, haha -- hypothesizing something that can't be cleaned by normal/casual means!).

Did you notice the clouding right away, or after a few days (or longer) with your ring? Could you post a photo of the ring from the side? Maybe dirt is getting stuck between the pavilion and a really closely-set prong, and then reflecting around in the stone?

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Your photo shows the same black inclusion just on the crown near the table that is also on the JA video so I'm confident it's the same stone. Unfortunately, on the JA video you can't see the same aspect that you now can with the stone in hand. There's another inclusion/s below the top inclusion to the right, which may be affecting light at that angle. A year on, I don't think you have any options with JA I'm afraid so perhaps chalk it up to experience and upgrade the stone when you're ready?

Stephaniekate9210

Rough_Rock
Your photo shows the same black inclusion just on the crown near the table that is also on the JA video so I'm confident it's the same stone. Unfortunately, on the JA video you can't see the same aspect that you now can with the stone in hand. There's another inclusion/s below the top inclusion to the right, which may be affecting light at that angle. A year on, I don't think you have any options with JA I'm afraid so perhaps chalk it up to experience and upgrade the stone when you're ready?

Thank you :) yes im sure its the same stone. Lesson learnt unfortunately. thank-you everyone for your advice!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you :) yes im sure its the same stone. Lesson learnt unfortunately. thank-you everyone for your advice!

I'm sure you have, but has it gone through an ultrasonic machine for a deep clean? To me it looks cloudy but for external reasons, not internal? Calcium and oil are hard to move on. I'm sure it's still a gorgeous ring to the eye. Loupes are both good and bad. I have stones that are stunning to the eye but when I use a loupe... Oh dear lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results