shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help settle on a ring

GregBoje

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone, I'm really torn up and feel clueless looking at diamonds. Could someone please check out James Allen with the filter i've set and recommend one of the 9 diamonds that appear:

Or maybe I need some "parenting" to tell me I'm looking for something I can't afford and instead should look at 1.5 carats to have characteristics that all of you experts view as being important.

I really want to get her something special and her fingers aren't neccessarily "thin" so I felt a larger size would be appreciated and is why I was hoping I could find something near 2 carats. Also she has stated how she really loves oval diamonds for eveyone's information.

Thank you all, really stressing over here so thank you for anyone's input !!

These are some that stuck out to me:
1. https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/oval-cut/2.01-carat-g-color-vs1-clarity-sku-17783415
This would be my first pick but i'm unsure how much to be concerned over a color G?

2. https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/oval-cut/1.80-carat-e-color-vs1-clarity-sku-17668487
I don't know how much to get caught up over the 1.8 vs 2 on this one. If all the 2 carat diamonds aren't good quality than maybe this could be an alternative? I think this looks good but I'm also clueless so that doesn't mean much haha.

3. https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/oval-cut/2.00-carat-d-color-vs1-clarity-sku-17706110
This is a bit more than I wanted to spend but I think it's really good. I'd like to know if people feel that this is great and worth pushing for vs the alternatives that show

Please help anyone, I will really appreciate any help

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately none of these are good choices (in my opinion). Ovals are tricky, but the ones you posted either have huge bowties (the 2nd one), or lots of "mush" (1st, 3rd). Have you looked at the "distinctive gem" H&A ovals? Or the ones from Jann Paul?

GregBoje

Rough_Rock
Hmm thanks guys I haven't even heard of these, i'm looking now but I will also share this one (while I was looking hard still only at JA):

I did the online advisor and they were saying this is much better than what I found originally. Thoughts on this stone?

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm thanks guys I haven't even heard of these, i'm looking now but I will also share this one (while I was looking hard still only at JA):

I did the online advisor and they were saying this is much better than what I found originally. Thoughts on this stone?

it still has a lot of mushy areas. you are looking for more crisp, clear areas here.
Screenshot 2023-05-04 201741.jpg

GregBoje

Rough_Rock
Ovals are tough for me to pick. Are you wed to James Allen? If not, how about something like this on BN? I'm sure there are others out there who are better at picking ovals, but I thought this looked nice and the bow tie isn't too bad. Your second in the list above seems to have a very strong bow tie. So for me that would be a no.

Haha I feel like I don't have the eye for this but can agree that I think the diamond you suggested here is really nice. I really appreciate the assistance. From the looks of it the one you sent really does look like the best option in this price range on BN. You think that's fair while you were checking them out?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Still not good, unfortunately. Very mushy still

GregBoje

Rough_Rock

GregBoje

Rough_Rock
Anyone know any Blue Nile promo codes haha?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results