shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help - question about milgrain bezel and tourmaline

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I just saw the pic of the ring on the hand and that is spectacular! I hope you will love it when you get it.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
+1 it's going to look amazing on your hand (and huge)!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
By the way y’all I think this ring deserves a name. I need some inspiration!

femmemannequin

Rough_Rock
I’m 99% sure I’ll keep it as it is

I just went to swoon over the pictures once again ! in fact, tho im a milgrain lover, somehow feel that the ring pops more with the plain bezel this round. Can i ask what's the dimensions of the tourmaline? :) and weight if u dont mind. looks like a 3+ carat stone to me or perhaps more, but wondering how long the stone is in mm :) . might take some inspiration from this for a future ring lol.[if u permit]

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I just went to swoon over the pictures once again ! in fact, tho im a milgrain lover, somehow feel that the ring pops more with the plain bezel this round. Can i ask what's the dimensions of the tourmaline? :) and weight if u dont mind. looks like a 3+ carat stone to me or perhaps more, but wondering how long the stone is in mm :) . might take some inspiration from this for a future ring lol.[if u permit]

It’s a big stone at 9.7x8x7.3 and 4ct. And yes take as much inspiration as you need. My inspiration was from a PSer as well.

femmemannequin

Rough_Rock
@Mreader i was guessing it was a 3+! ah its 4ct! NICE SIZE! thanks for sharing
So i've a 3.7 ct spessartine garnet in orange that is emerald cut that i would love in this style! But just bought some vintage earrings and a sapphire ring today *gasp* so time to ban myself for abit lol before i can get down to setting more rings. : ((((

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@Mreader i was guessing it was a 3+! ah its 4ct! NICE SIZE! thanks for sharing
So i've a 3.7 ct spessartine garnet in orange that is emerald cut that i would love in this style! But just bought some vintage earrings and a sapphire ring today *gasp* so time to ban myself for abit lol before i can get down to setting more rings. : ((((
I feel your pain!! Haha!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Arg it’s supposed to arrive today but if it doesn’t get here by 2pm I won’t get it until Monday bc I can’t stay! Gah cross your fingers it gets here by 2!

lizzydm26

Shiny_Rock
Ahh fingers crossed!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I haven't had time to read through the whole thread but I just wanted to say that it's stunning!

Also am I the only one that sees this little bit?

Is that just a reflection or is the metal on the bezel really as such?
It's like an overlap, a meeting of two sides of the metal where it should have been smoothed out equally.

It looks a bit unfinished and I personally wouldn't feel comfortable without having them fix it, but maybe that's not how it really looks in person. Just thought it might be helpful to point out if someone hasn't yet. If they have just ignore my post!

11550D5C-B579-4B09-869E-CCA536E64AC6~2.jpeg

**Edit**

After reviewing other images it definitely looks to be a reflection. I'm glad that is the case and I'm glad OP enjoys her ring & has a happy resolution!

Last edited:
Arg it’s supposed to arrive today but if it doesn’t get here by 2pm I won’t get it until Monday bc I can’t stay! Gah cross your fingers it gets here by 2!

Come on come on, delivery folks! Please make it happen!

Adam95

Shiny_Rock
The ring is gorgeous but this comment:

This comment is bothersome to me. It might be true but a good vendor would not say this to the customer.

Agreed, it feels coercive, like "I'm doing you a huge favor, so you better give me tons of business in the future."

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
OK more pics. The stone is beautiful and I definitely am good with no milgrain. The bezel does not look as thick irl as it did in the studio shots. The stone was really deep so it sits high! The workmanship is impeccable. The only thing I’m having a hard time with is the size and I did not think that would be an issue at all. I almost feel like it looks like costume on my hand? @icy_jade has a 7 ct sapphire and her ring does not overwhelm her fingers at all from my view. Ok PSers I’m relying on you to convince me it looks ok on my hand bc I’ve sunk too much $ into this for it to sit in a box! Also tagging @Spring Day

9D3FF1D3-08EF-463C-8BC7-317E25E357F1.jpeg
7FBF3C9F-F587-4172-A539-5461F18694ED.jpeg
7B09D8A3-133A-4FF1-81E6-395481003BCB.jpeg
2A8A2AFF-07D6-4628-A949-8DD095E4593D.jpeg

ETA - I slapped a coat of polish on my nails to make them somewhat presentable and had to cut them to match the one that broke off :roll:

Last edited:

voce

Ideal_Rock
Yay, hand shots! It's beautiful!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s very beautiful
On and off your hand!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
@LemonMoonLex just saw that post and yes it's a reflection :)

So happy that's the case, for a sec I was like how is nobody else seeing this? Haha

& Omgosh it's a beautiful ring! What a gorgeous stone! So fresh looking, like a crystalline mint! I feel like it'd be freezing if I touched it!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
E7A318AA-CA19-40B9-A385-C296D336B5BA.gif

Oh, wow! Your ring is stunning!!! :kiss2:
I absolutely love how the yellow gold bezel pairs with the green in your tourmaline. It’s a match made in heaven. Plus, all that milgrain goodness is pure perfection.

I saw that you were worried it might be too big. No way lady. Learn to embrace that bold beauty! My ring, Big Blue is huge on my size 4.75 finger and I love it (seriously, it’s almost 4cts and I still added a blingy floral halo). Give it a couple days and it will stop feeling huge. Then all you’ll see is how fabulous it is.

OK more pics. The stone is beautiful and I definitely am good with no milgrain. The bezel does not look as thick irl as it did in the studio shots. The stone was really deep so it sits high! The workmanship is impeccable. The only thing I’m having a hard time with is the size and I did not think that would be an issue at all. I almost feel like it looks like costume on my hand? @icy_jade has a 7 ct sapphire and her ring does not overwhelm her fingers at all from my view. Ok PSers I’m relying on you to convince me it looks ok on my hand bc I’ve sunk too much $ into this for it to sit in a box! Also tagging @Spring Day

9D3FF1D3-08EF-463C-8BC7-317E25E357F1.jpeg
7FBF3C9F-F587-4172-A539-5461F18694ED.jpeg
7B09D8A3-133A-4FF1-81E6-395481003BCB.jpeg
2A8A2AFF-07D6-4628-A949-8DD095E4593D.jpeg

ETA - I slapped a coat of polish on my nails to make them somewhat presentable and had to cut them to match the one that broke off :roll:

I say it looks too gorgeous and well-made to be mistaken for costume jewelry!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
E7A318AA-CA19-40B9-A385-C296D336B5BA.gif

Oh, wow! Your ring is stunning!!! :kiss2:
I absolutely love how the yellow gold bezel pairs with the green in your tourmaline. It’s a match made in heaven. Plus, all that milgrain goodness is pure perfection.

I saw that you were worried it might be too big. No way lady. Learn to embrace that bold beauty! My ring, Big Blue is huge on my size 4.75 finger and I love it (seriously, it’s almost 4cts and I still added a blingy floral halo). Give it a couple days and it will stop feeling huge. Then all you’ll see is how fabulous it is.

Thanks @elle_71125 ! I can’t find the thread on your blue ring!! Do you have a pic?!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I dont think it is too big at all. It has finger coverage galore!
Seriously wear it about and you will get totally used to it. Just smashing! The bezel really outlines that gorgeous green like a good frame to a portrait.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
No imo it’s not too big at all. I have bigger rings than my yellow and they are fine too. That said I do have man hands and size 7.75 finger if the size helps for context.

Your new ring looks beautiful, but ultimately you need to be comfortable and happy wearing it. I hope you will be!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG...Its fabulous! The color is amazing!!!

I know I'm late to the game but I love it without the milgrain because the yellow gold reminds me of just one more step in the stone.
It really helps to accentuate the steps in the stone IMO.

I really think its gorgeous and love the difference in texture the shiny yellow gold gives you against the white gold/pave/milgrain!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results