shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help, possible jeweler mistake!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lenore80

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I received my engagement ring.
1.gif
However, it is supposed to be platinum, but it has 14 k stamped on the inside of the ring. Isn''t it supposed to be stamped with PLAT, then a 900 or 950?

Thanks for your help

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
If it's platinum it definitely should not say 14 k. That means, of course, that it's 14 karat gold.

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
I'd head to the jeweler first thing tomorrow or Monday, whichever day they are open...and clear the mystery about this puppy up!

win

pinkangel

Rough_Rock
It definately should not say 14k. That indicates gold. Have you double checked your sales receipt to see what it indicates?

Good luck!!

lenore80

Rough_Rock
The jeweler is located online, and is not open on the weekends. He ordered this on Wed, it was received by Saturday-which I thought was a little bit fast for a platinum setting (its a basic tiffany solitaire setting), and is sized for my 5.5 finger. After my fiance proposed, I looked at the inside of the ring and it says "14 k" and a $ or s after the 14k.

We received the small paper insert that holds the diamond when its loose, and it has the diamond stats on it. We also received the GIA cert, AND an "appraisal" for a ladies platinum diamond solitaire engagement ring, with a platinum 4-prong head assembly-this is stated on the paper, wich is signed by a GIA Certified Diamond Grader.
angryfire.gif

Thanks for your help...I will keep you posted, and I will DEFINATELY have a FULL writeup of the company once I have their side of the story...I am so sad, because you can only propose once and make it a surprise.

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
COngrats on your engagement...I am sure the jeweler will clear this up...perhaps it was just a mistake and the set the stone in the wrorg setting by accident...it is possible to turn around a ring that quickly even in plat...if the jeweler has the setting in house...

I hope this works out well for you

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
While it is upsetting, and unfortuate, humans do make mistakes. The Price Scope Vendors are very reputable and your ring will probably receive full attention to correct the situation. Let us know how it all turns out with fixing your ring.
1.gif

Many Congrats on your engagement!!
love.gif

PlatinumDiamond

Shiny_Rock
Years ago I had a custom gold mothers ring made for my Ex Wife using the 10K gold of my first wedding band that I out grew. When I got the mothers custom ring back from the jeweler, it was stamped 14K. I asked the jeweler about it and he told me that he did use my old wedding rings gold to make hers with. But, my wedding ring was actually 14K not 10K as it was stamped with. Wow, I felt great knowing all this time I had a 14K ring but paid the price of a 10K ring when I originally purchased it.

But, if it would have been the other way around, I'm sure I wouldn't have been so happy.

Hopefully you will get squared away with the jeweler you used ... yes, mistakes do happen because we are all human. Fixing the mistakes correctly is honesty!

Good luck and hope it turns out a-okay for you!

PlatinumDiamond

Shiny_Rock
Another note:

If it is made of 950 Platinum, it could be marked 950 Plat or just Plat without a number. Plat alone means it is 95% platinum. If it is of a 90% platinum, then it should be marked 900 Plat.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results