shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Help...pics included bridesmaid dresses!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MsSassy

Rough_Rock
honestly i think the blue dress looks a bit frumpy.....

personally i would pick the gray dress anyday.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gray. It goes with your dress, it''s prettier in the purple, and the other one seems a bit...frumpy...

I''d rather wear the gray, and I''m sensitive about my backside and stomach, and I have some DDs to add to the mix, and the blue dress would look HORRIBLE on me. But I''m really curvy (and short).

And I think the blue looks kind of awful on the model as well, and she''s got the type of figure that suits that dress.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Ditto, would the girls be comfortable in the grey dress?! I think it''s gorgeous, but for such a large bridal party, I would stick to a more flattering/safe dress so everyone is happy.

BTW I am having a giggle here to myself, I just realised your bridal party is bigger than my whole guest list!!
9.gif
WOW!!! Your pics will look stunning with all those attendants!!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Here's another vote for the grey dress. I
30.gif
it and think it's gorgeous, and it really fits with the style of your dress. I agree with the other posters that the blue one is kinda frumpy. That said, the grey dress is very figure conscious so I can see how some of your BM's might not be comfortable wearing it. Is there a third option?

Have you seen this one? http://www.priscillaofboston.com/dress_detail.jsp?gid=205&sfid=50545&f=

Or, this one? Kinda similar as the grey dress, but maybe not as fitted? http://www.priscillaofboston.com/dress_detail.jsp?gid=50&sfid=50758&f=

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
personally i don''t really like either...
but if i had to pick one i''d pick the grey

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
I love the color and fabric of the grey but I am not crazy about the cut... I think the bust looks strange and may not look good on all 9 bridemaids... Do they have a strapless that goes staight accross? Or maybe a halter top (which suits more people)? I don't like the blue very much... It does look too casual esp. next to your beautiful wedding dress.

check out the dress my BM's just bought ( the champagne style on the right). Because of the A line it's super flattering even on the curvier women in my bridal party... All the BM dresses will be in silver and they were super affordable and decent quality.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bought-my-bm-dresses.100605/

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I''ll echo what others have said...blue looks kinda shapeless, but gray is probably too form-fitting for all 9 bridesmaids to be comfortable in. It''s also not very wearable to other events after the wedding. Are you pretty much set on POB, or would you consider other designers? I think these would be a nice complement to your dress:

Jim Hjelm 1
Jim Hjelm 2
Jim Hjelm 3 - tea length
Jim Hjelm 4 - would have the same figure-flattering issue, but I LOVE the removable bottom piece!
Alfred Angelo 1
Alfred Angelo 2

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I also like the grey dress more, especially the color though..I love that color!
30.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
The grey one goes better with your dress but with that bustline (I don''t know how much they can alter) anyone over a B/C cup IMHO would have issues, the blue one doesn''t really go.

The way the grey dress cuts currently across the bust it would cut a girl with bigger breasts in half or cause massive spillage, again I have no idea how much these dresses are alterable.

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/26/2008 10:00:46 PM
Author: jstarfireb
Are you pretty much set on POB, or would you consider other designers?

This is what I was going to ask too. There seem to be problems with both dresses (blue not form fitting enough, grey almost too form fitting, expensive alterations), so I don't think you should force yourself (or your girls) to get a dress that you have reservations about. I'm sure there are other dresses that would compliment your gown nicely that are made by designers other than POB (and that may be easier on your bridesmaids wallets to boot). Besides Jim Hjelm which jstarfireb mentioned, Ann Taylor had some nice (short) purple bridesmaids dresses last time I looked. Good luck!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that the grey dress is far nicer than the blue one. It''s beautiful and goes with your dress more.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the input. I am away for a few days and will respond more when I return. To avoid going in a different direction I''m sticking with these two options. I like both these dresses and it will be one or the other. I''ll respond to each when I get home.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2008 9:23:31 AM
Author: emeraldlover1
I like both these dresses and it will be one or the other.

Well, in that case, I still prefer the gray, but first be sure to talk with all of your girls to make sure they'd be comfortable in it. Not so much whether they like the style or not, but whether they can feel confident and beautiful walking down the aisle in something so form-fitted. You wouldn't want to create any rifts between you and your friends by asking them to wear something they'd feel too self-conscious in, right? If any of them object, I'd choose the blue and be done with it. You mentioned that they all liked it when they tried it on, so blue is definitely the safer choice. I think I missed what the actual color will be, btw...will it be one of these or something else?

ETA: Found the post saying that the color will be dark purple.
1.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2008 10:50:58 AM
Author: jstarfireb
Date: 11/27/2008 9:23:31 AM

I like both these dresses and it will be one or the other.

Well, in that case, I still prefer the gray, but first be sure to talk with all of your girls to make sure they''d be comfortable in it. Not so much whether they like the style or not, but whether they can feel confident and beautiful walking down the aisle in something so form-fitted. You wouldn''t want to create any rifts between you and your friends by asking them to wear something they''d feel too self-conscious in, right? If any of them object, I''d choose the blue and be done with it. You mentioned that they all liked it when they tried it on, so blue is definitely the safer choice. I think I missed what the actual color will be, btw...will it be one of these or something else?

ETA: Found the post saying that the color will be dark purple.
1.gif

Well said.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I like the gray dress better BUT if it were me it looks so much like my dress that I would not pick it for my girls. Is is a stunning dress but maybe a little too nice? lol, is that mean? i want my girls to look good, but not compete with me. I would pick the gray dress IF I were wearing a grand ballgown type dress. If I''m wearing a mermaid style dress (which you are), I wouldnt want my girls in something too similar, JMO!

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/27/2008 4:50:49 PM
Author: DMBsGirl
I like the gray dress better BUT if it were me it looks so much like my dress that I would not pick it for my girls. Is is a stunning dress but maybe a little too nice? lol, is that mean? i want my girls to look good, but not compete with me. I would pick the gray dress IF I were wearing a grand ballgown type dress. If I''m wearing a mermaid style dress (which you are), I wouldnt want my girls in something too similar, JMO!
I would not worry about this at all. I think everyone should want the women they have asked to stand up with them to look and feel as beautiful as possible. And IMHO, no matter how pretty the bridesmaid, they can''t hold a candle to the bride and they glow of happiness that surrounds her. So go ahead and choose a dress that makes your bridesmaids look like a million bucks!

I would choose the grey dress if everyone is comfortable with it. It is a stunning dress and compliments the style of your dress. IMO, the blue dress doesn''t flow as well with your dress. In terms of which would be more flattering, as a small but very curvy woman myself, I find that constructed styles like the grey dress look 100 times better on my figure than loose, flowy styles like the blue one. But in the end, it''s your wedding, go with what you love as long as you aren''t making anyone uncomfortable (note I said uncomfortable, not unhappy - you can''t please everyone!)

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2008 2:02:21 PM
Author: lovesparklies
I tried on the blue dress when I was looking for bmaid dresses and didn''t think it was dumpy at all. I actually thought it looked stylish and sharp. I do like the gray one but if any of your girls have a tummy or are self-conscious about their hips or rears (or bust, as others have mentioned) then they''re going to be uncomfortable all day. I would think with 9 girls at least some of them aren''t perfectly proportioned. I could be wrong though! My vote is for the blue dress. It''s the one all your girls originally liked and it''s really pretty!

I totally agree with you. I think the issue that I''m having with the blue one is that the sample was just so darn big. I think it was a size 14 and my sis is a size 2. When the other girls tried on the dress in boston the sample was a size 8 and I loved it then on all of them. So, I probably should go with my gut which is telling me the blue. Thank you for your insight.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2008 9:36:01 PM
Author: Smurfysmiles
personally i don''t really like either...
but if i had to pick one i''d pick the grey
IMHO, this comment is completely unnecessary.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Thank you to everyone that took the time to respond and give me your honest opinions. It really gave me a lot to think about.

First off I''d like to say that I understand that my ideas not everyone is going to like, that is fine, its my wedding. I''m the type of person that likes to do everything just a little different and that makes my vision mine, if that makes any sense. I''m prefacing this because I like the choices of the two dresses and I feel the need to defend why since we started to get a little off track. I re-read my posts because I was wondering why I led people to believe that I didn''t like the blue one at all. That isn''t the case I think I''m a little nervous about choosing it because of the way the HUGE sample looked on my sister. I thought for two months it was perfect and then I saw the grey one and thought, well that is so much more "ME".

After lots of thought and different opinions, I think the safer option for my girls is def. the blue dress. Which obviously won''t be blue, but dark purple, and IMHO so much prettier. I had originally liked a vera wang bridesmaid dress that is of similar style to the blue one but it was a lot more expensive. The blue one is reflective of the same style and much more affordable for the majority of my girls.

I personally think that the best part of their stlye that day will be incorporated into the details. I have custom made hair pins that each girl had an input on being made for them with vintage ribbons, feathers, and pins. Honestly, if I go with the grey dress i will have to edit the details a little more. Truth being that while I would want to wear the grey one, I''m not going to be wearing it.

We are getting married in the mountains in September so both dresses actually go quite nicely with the location and the formailty of the event because of the details that I plan to incorporate. That is only something that I can assure you either dress would work but you''d have to be in my head to understand that.

Again, I really appreciate the time and effort each one of you put into helping me decide. I still have to talk to a few of my girls but I know that I love the blue dress the first time that I saw it so I shouldn''t let the larger sample, ill fitting dress, change my opinion.

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not too crazy about that blue dress (it just looks so grandmother''s nightgown to me, no offense), and while the color of the grey dress is very pretty, I don''t care for the design of that dress either.

If I had to decide between the two, though, I suppose I''d go with the blue, because the grey dress will just not be forgiving on too many people (if your BMs are bigger than a size 4, they won''t be comfortable, most likely).

bebe

Ideal_Rock
does the gray dress have any kind of support built in the bust?

is there enough fabric in the bust to cover a bra? what about the back, how low is it?

can every BM wear this with/without a bra?

if any of the BM''s has an ample bust, I personally think they would have a "double bust bump" going on

I do like the gray dress, but if it were me, ;-) , I''d be 100% sure it would work on all girls.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2008 8:48:57 PM
Thank you to everyone that took the time to respond and give me your honest opinions. It really gave me a lot to think about.

First off I''d like to say that I understand that my ideas not everyone is going to like, that is fine, its my wedding. I''m the type of person that likes to do everything just a little different and that makes my vision mine, if that makes any sense. I''m prefacing this because I like the choices of the two dresses and I feel the need to defend why since we started to get a little off track. I re-read my posts because I was wondering why I led people to believe that I didn''t like the blue one at all. That isn''t the case I think I''m a little nervous about choosing it because of the way the HUGE sample looked on my sister. I thought for two months it was perfect and then I saw the grey one and thought, well that is so much more ''ME''.

After lots of thought and different opinions, I think the safer option for my girls is def. the blue dress. Which obviously won''t be blue, but dark purple, and IMHO so much prettier. I had originally liked a vera wang bridesmaid dress that is of similar style to the blue one but it was a lot more expensive. The blue one is reflective of the same style and much more affordable for the majority of my girls.

I personally think that the best part of their stlye that day will be incorporated into the details. I have custom made hair pins that each girl had an input on being made for them with vintage ribbons, feathers, and pins. Honestly, if I go with the grey dress i will have to edit the details a little more. Truth being that while I would want to wear the grey one, I''m not going to be wearing it.

We are getting married in the mountains in September so both dresses actually go quite nicely with the location and the formailty of the event because of the details that I plan to incorporate. That is only something that I can assure you either dress would work but you''d have to be in my head to understand that.

Again, I really appreciate the time and effort each one of you put into helping me decide. I still have to talk to a few of my girls but I know that I love the blue dress the first time that I saw it so I shouldn''t let the larger sample, ill fitting dress, change my opinion.
I''m glad you could come to a conclusion that you''re happy with. I love the idea of the hair pins and from all of your other wedding threads I can see that you put tons of thought into the details. I think that you have classy taste and the fig color is gorgeous.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2008 10:54:42 PM
Author: Clairitek

Date: 11/29/2008 8:48:57 PM

First off I''d like to say that I understand that my ideas not everyone is going to like, that is fine, its my wedding. I''m the type of person that likes to do everything just a little different and that makes my vision mine, if that makes any sense. I''m prefacing this because I like the choices of the two dresses and I feel the need to defend why since we started to get a little off track. I re-read my posts because I was wondering why I led people to believe that I didn''t like the blue one at all. That isn''t the case I think I''m a little nervous about choosing it because of the way the HUGE sample looked on my sister. I thought for two months it was perfect and then I saw the grey one and thought, well that is so much more ''ME''.

I''m glad you could come to a conclusion that you''re happy with. I love the idea of the hair pins and from all of your other wedding threads I can see that you put tons of thought into the details. I think that you have classy taste and the fig color is gorgeous.
Thanks C! I wanted to give you a formal Congrats!!!! Your ring is gorg!

I do really appreciate the input as it helped me make a better decision. I still like the grey dress and hopefully I might wear it one day.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooops way to late to respond but ......... not sure if anybody has mentioned this ........... if you can get both dresses in the exact same dark purple why don''t you have both. That way, each of your bridesmaids wears what she feels comfortable in and since you like both and have such a large party the contrast may be good.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2008 12:19:15 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds
Oooops way to late to respond but ......... not sure if anybody has mentioned this ........... if you can get both dresses in the exact same dark purple why don''t you have both. That way, each of your bridesmaids wears what she feels comfortable in and since you like both and have such a large party the contrast may be good.
the material is a different fabric and they just didn''t look right together. Believe me I wish I could.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I know you have already decided, but I just wanted to tell you that I love the blue (to be purple) dress, and think you totally made the best decision! I think the gray dress''s cut was far too bridal and, with 9 bridesmaids, it would compete too much with you and steal some of the bridal-ness away from you. Great choice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results