shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Help...pics included bridesmaid dresses!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Ok girls, I need your help. I have 9 bridesmaids and 2 of them are maids of honor. Total they are split on which dress they like. I am having a tough time deciding because I know which dress I would choose however, I don''t have to wear it, they do. Unfortunatley just my sister an myself were able to go try on the dresses this time so some of the pics are of me in the bridesmaid dress. The other issue is my sister is really tiny and the dresses on her were terribly big so I''m having a tough time deciding on the entire image. I''ll post both dresses. My fiance likes the style of the grey dress and so do half my girls....the others like the style of the blue dress. I''m completely torn. If it were me and I had to wear it I''d pick the grey dress because I think its more stylish. However, the blue dress I have a feeling will be more comfortable for some people. Because they are torn either way I am going to upset some of them. Unfortunatley the two dresses are diff materials so I don''t think I can have some of them in one and some in the other.

Also, the first time we went to look at the dresses they all tried on the blue dress and liked it. However, now that they have seen the grey dress some of them have jumped the line. Help me decide what to do!

First dress...grey...

em1bridesmaidsJPG.jpg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
other dress...my sister in it. Really big on her...

em1maid2.JPG

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
The blue dress looks a LOT more forgiving, so unless your bm''s all have model figures, I would stay away from one shaped like the gray one.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Both together

em1maid4.JPG

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Here is the grey dress with the back of my dress. I think this is the most cohesive look. Probably the reason why I am confused.

em1maid5.JPG

angielea

Shiny_Rock
I would have to say the Blue one. its more flattering, but has more ability to wear again if they want to alter it to knee length

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2008 11:16:06 AM
Author: Sabine
The blue dress looks a LOT more forgiving, so unless your bm''s all have model figures, I would stay away from one shaped like the gray one.
I guess that is exactly my problem. I wonder if because the blue dress is more forgiving that it will look dumpy in pics. All my girls are well proportioned so I personally feel the grey style will look good on everyone however whether or not that believe that is a different story. The grey dress is very much my style and since its my wedding some of me want to go all bridezilla and be like...you are wearing this one. However, that isn''t my personality so I would never do that. I just want the total look to go well together and I''m having a hard time visualizing the blue one. I don''t know. That blue color is terrible so that doesn''t help either.

Both dresses will be a dark purple color.

angielea

Shiny_Rock
what does your wedding dress look like?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Oh jeez...I actually like the gray one better! I think it looks more flattering even on the POB model!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I think that the silver style goes better with your dress and wedding style but I agree that the blue style will be more figure flattering for women of all sizes. It looks like the silver one shows a lot of cleavage, even on the skinny skinny model. Do you think that the dress will be able to appropriately cover up your more busty BMs?

DiamondsforDee

Shiny_Rock
FWIW, I''m pretty darn small and I would feel terribly uncomfortable and self conscious in the grey dress. Perhaps that is because I have nothing to hold the top up, but tops like that just do not work for me. I''d spend the entire wedding pulling it up. Plus I''d fret that my hips looked huge thanks to the less than ample chest. But that''s me you know your BMs best.
I LOVE the color fig though. Both dresses look even prettier in fig.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2008 11:45:16 AM
Author: Clairitek
I think that the silver style goes better with your dress and wedding style but I agree that the blue style will be more figure flattering for women of all sizes. It looks like the silver one shows a lot of cleavage, even on the skinny skinny model. Do you think that the dress will be able to appropriately cover up your more busty BMs?
Well, lets just say that I have a more than ample chest which is why I am actually the one wearing it. The SA said that for the bustier girls that they would fit the dress higher on them. However, she did say that we might run into a situation with these girls trying to convince them to buy a bigger dress. So to answer your question she said it would work but it may be more complicated if that makes sense. I spent an hour in there going back and forth over these two dresses.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2008 11:48:41 AM
Author: DiamondsforDee
FWIW, I''m pretty darn small and I would feel terribly uncomfortable and self conscious in the grey dress. Perhaps that is because I have nothing to hold the top up, but tops like that just do not work for me. I''d spend the entire wedding pulling it up. Plus I''d fret that my hips looked huge thanks to the less than ample chest. But that''s me you know your BMs best.
I LOVE the color fig though. Both dresses look even prettier in fig.
Below I am going to attach a pic of my sister in the grey. She is really small and I actually think this dress is made for a curvier woman however it still looks good on her. She has a smaller chest and she loves this dress too. I guess that adds to my decision my two MOH''s like the grey dress and the rest of the bm are split.

Thanks about the fig...so much better on both dresses in my opinion..

What do you think about the grey on her...

em1maid6.JPG

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2008 11:53:09 AM
Author: emeraldlover1

Well, lets just say that I have a more than ample chest which is why I am actually the one wearing it. The SA said that for the bustier girls that they would fit the dress higher on them. However, she did say that we might run into a situation with these girls trying to convince them to buy a bigger dress. So to answer your question she said it would work but it may be more complicated if that makes sense. I spent an hour in there going back and forth over these two dresses.

Her solution makes sense to fit that dress to the bustier girls. I''d hope that your BMs won''t fret over the size on the label of the dress they buy but some people do get self conscious about it. I tried on a Jim Hjelm dress that had a top similar to the one you posted and I felt like I was going to be spilling out of it or flashing my friend''s family if I leaned over to help straighten her train or something at the altar. Even though this dress was great on the other BMs I put my foot down because I knew it would cost an arm and a leg for alterations.

Does the salon you are considering ordering from offer free alterations? This might be something to consider when making the final choice.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
That''s really tough - but I love both dresses! I definitely don''t see a way you could use both of them, though, as they are different materials and very different styles. I think the blue is the safer choice... though it''s really tough to find 1 dress that looks great on 9 bodies!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2008 12:30:41 PM

Date: 11/26/2008 11:53:09 AM
Author: emeraldlover1

Her solution makes sense to fit that dress to the bustier girls. I''d hope that your BMs won''t fret over the size on the label of the dress they buy but some people do get self conscious about it. I tried on a Jim Hjelm dress that had a top similar to the one you posted and I felt like I was going to be spilling out of it or flashing my friend''s family if I leaned over to help straighten her train or something at the altar. Even though this dress was great on the other BMs I put my foot down because I knew it would cost an arm and a leg for alterations.

Does the salon you are considering ordering from offer free alterations? This might be something to consider when making the final choice.
Actually that is an excellent point. The price of the dresses are exactly the same but clearly the grey one will need more alterations and I don''t think that is worth it for a dress they will probably never wear again. My biggest fear with the blue dress is that it won''t photograph well or the look won''t be stylish or cohesive. If I could take that fear away its almost a no brainer. Also, something about the blue dress screams relaxed and not formal. That isn''t what I am going for however it could just be because that dress was huge on my sis. i also hate that dress on the model.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
really good point.
Date: 11/26/2008 12:33:40 PM
Author: TheBigT
That''s really tough - but I love both dresses! I definitely don''t see a way you could use both of them, though, as they are different materials and very different styles. I think the blue is the safer choice... though it''s really tough to find 1 dress that looks great on 9 bodies!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The gray matches your dress better and the blue just looks dumpy to me. I love the gray!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I don''t care for the blue dress. It is a bit night-gowny and doesn''t seem to go along with your dress which is satin fitted construction. If your BM have proportional figures whether they are big or small I thinkthe gray dress would look nice.

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
I tried on the blue dress when I was looking for bmaid dresses and didn''t think it was dumpy at all. I actually thought it looked stylish and sharp. I do like the gray one but if any of your girls have a tummy or are self-conscious about their hips or rears (or bust, as others have mentioned) then they''re going to be uncomfortable all day. I would think with 9 girls at least some of them aren''t perfectly proportioned. I could be wrong though! My vote is for the blue dress. It''s the one all your girls originally liked and it''s really pretty!

DiamondsforDee

Shiny_Rock
I think you are right that the grey dress is made for curvier women- but still looks great on your sister. It''s really pretty and if your two MOHs like the grey one, I''d go with that. I doubt any of your girls would be disappointed since they are both very pretty dresses.

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
I am going to agree and go with the gray dress. The fabric is much richer and more elegant. The blue dress looks frumpy and more like something for a garden wedding. Yes, not everyone will be happy with your choice but ultimately it is your wedding and they will be your pictures forever. And I am sure you and your girls know, but you would be surprised what a great pair of spanx and a nicely fitting boustier can do for one''s figure in a dress like that!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
They are both lovely! I am leaning towards the grey one (in that beautiful fig color) more, however, because I just like that style better and if your girls will look good in either style ... why not go with this one, right?

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, this is a tough choice. I think the grey one is more stunning, and it''s a dress I would personally love to wear, but I definitely see the draw of the blue one. Both look so pretty and elegant in dark purple. I''d be inclined to go with the blue one if you feel it will make your girls more comfortable, but if they''d all be comfortable with the grey one, I''d pick that. The grey one definitely matches your dress best.

P.S. I have two maids of honor as well!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results