shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Help - Need Opinion/Comment on Recent Diamond Purchase Please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Leigh

Rough_Rock
Finally! I have myself a diamond on its way!! Here's what I ended up with:

Carat: 92
Color: H
Clarity: VVS2
Depth: 61.1
Table: 57
Polish: VG
Symmetry: EX
Cut: Ideal
Lab: GIA
Price: $3965
Flr: None
Culet: None
Girdle: Medium, Faceted
Measurements: 6.27x6.29x3.84

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Cool :)

Is it the same source you mentioned above? Let as know how it'll work out.

Leigh

Rough_Rock
I went through DirtCheapDiamonds.Com

I'm pretty excited about it. Also, they told me the ratings should be more accurate on this diamond since it's GIA instead of EGL (basically the same thing all of you said about GIA being more strict). They also said the previous diamond (the .95) would be considered more to be a "Premium" cut instead of an ideal cut, and this new one I'm getting is a GIA Ideal cut. Yippeeee! Should have it in my hands tomorrow. I had already wired the money for the other one, so now I actually get a refund and a nicer diamond (hopefully!!)

Leigh

Rough_Rock
Great News!

We got our diamond yesterday first thing in the morning (completed the transaction Tuesday evening, had the diamond early Wednesday morning) and I'm THRILLED with it!! I could not be more happy. I'm having the diamond set tomorrow, so I went ahead and had it appraised today for insurance purposes (and sort of for a second opinion) and it went better than I could have expected!

The appraiser I went to was a "Resident Graduate" of GIA and was the owner of the jewelry store. He was very impressed with the diamond and I let him go ahead and appraise it without showing him the GIA certificate (or even mentioning I had the certificate with me). He rated it a VVS2 G-H, so he was right on! He had great things to say about the diamond and ending up appraising it for around $6000 (we paid $3965 for it!), so it all went very well!

We bougth this diamond through WWW.DIRTCHEAPDIAMONDS.COM and are very thrilled with how the purchase went and with the diamond we now have, so I wanted to make sure I replied to this post with the good news and gave credit where credit is due!

Thanks again to all of you for your opinions and comments!!

:))

bingbongbug

Rough_Rock
Congrats, Leigh. You did your homework and you got a quality stone at a good price.

Yaaaay!

Leigh

Rough_Rock
Thanks!

When I went to get it appraised, after all was said and done the appraiser asked if I'd mind him asking how much I paid for the diamond. I told him the price I paid and he couldn't believe it. He was very impressed all the way around, so that made me very happy! He looked in some book of prices that uses to estimate the appraisal value and he said the wholesale value on this stone like this would be right around $4,000-4,100, so we were both impressed that I found it for $3,965.

We're having the stone set today and we'll have the ring this afternoon!!

Thanks again!

Leigh

Rough_Rock
By the way, in response to an earlier post - I did not get a "Sarin" report. What is that?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results