shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me, Tiffany knife style replica onwers.

yrrp3738

Shiny_Rock
I am thinking Tiffany knife style setting for my new ring. I searched on PS and looked at all pictures carefully. But still one of my major concerns not anwsered.

I had ordered a BN low 6-prong setting before. The problem of it is that at least 1/2 of the stone is wrapped by matel (the pictures on its web site is NOT accurate and cost me $$$ for return!). There is no space between the stone and the prongs which makes it hard to clean. The culet is not visible at all. Only way to clean it probably is sending to a jewelry store. Stone lost sparkles after a few days with water or dust trapped at the bottom of the diamond.

I like old WF replica. But seems their new setting has thicker prongs, and couldn't see the culet either. Please help me on finding the right one, owners of Excel, WF, JA, GOG, Union Diamond or other Tiffany knife style replica. So my main concern is if there is space between the diamond and the prongs and the prongs not too thick to cover too much of the bottom of the diamond. Don't need to be exactly like Tiffany setting, can have higher setting of stone on the prongs. Side-pictures will be really appreciated!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Blue Nile setting was likely a stock setting that was not made for the size of your stone. And you would need to specify to any vendor that you want the stone set high enough to see the culet. I don't think that design is really meant to show the culet, though.

Personally, I think Brian Gavin has the best Tiffany knife edge because I have always considered that setting, too.

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5336

Here is a thread with vespergirl's ring:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-2-ct-bgd-tiffany-solitaire.149606/

yrrp3738

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the BGD link. I fall in love with this too:
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5509

I ordered the diamond and the nouveau ring from BN. I didn't mean to see culet from side, but from certain angel of up side. (in their pictures, culet is visible from side). Beside this, half of the stone wrapped in the metal, make it less sparkle. One thing I did like is that the stone was set really low. Can wear it doing all chores without any problem. A very safe setting.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, BGD has a lot of pretty settings! Makes it hard to decide sometimes! Good luck!

yrrp3738

Shiny_Rock
Anyone can help me on this? If I buy diamond from one vendor and choose setting from another (assume they could sell the setting separately), should I ask both mail to me or ask the vendor of diamond mail the stone to the vendor of setting? Thanks.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i guess it would depend who the vendor's are. I'd usually say to have the person making the setting set the stone, but that isn't always the case. If the setting is being custom made though I'd have the person making it set the stone. Although odds of having the stone damaged while being set is very low, you might want to make sure your stone is insured either by insuring with someone like Jewelers Mutual who will insure a stone while being set, or making sure the vendor setting it will take responsibility if something should happen.

yrrp3738

Shiny_Rock
thanks, mrssalvo. I think I will ask the setting mail to me and find a local jewelry if buy setting and diamond from different vendors. I am targeting a 1 ct round. Is that worth the insurance? Just wonder how much it will be? Never thought about it before.

Some thoughts of the setting:

wf and ja don't have the whole at the bottom. Union won't sell it separately. GOG and Excel on the expensive end. likely I will go with BGD. Will check with local stores this weekend (sales tax high here).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would send the diamond to Brian Gavin to set. Local jewelers are not to happy to set a diamond they didn't sell in a setting they didn't sell. And the odds of getting really nice prong tips are slim as compared with how BG would do it. And I agree with MrsS..You need to get insurance first.

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
yrrp3738|1297281584|2847831 said:
Anyone can help me on this? If I buy diamond from one vendor and choose setting from another (assume they could sell the setting separately), should I ask both mail to me or ask the vendor of diamond mail the stone to the vendor of setting? Thanks.

I think you'll find that you're better off sending the diamond to BGD to be set, most local jewelers aren't too happy about setting a diamond bought from somebody else and setting it in a mounting purchased somewhere else... I overheard one jeweler ask a customer "do you bring your own eggs and flour when you go to a restaurant for pancakes?" it was kind of funny, but at the same point it was extremely short sighted and rude of the jeweler. And in my experience, diamond setters who frequently work with the knife edge tulip head configuration do a better job setting diamonds in it than jewelers who don't do it very often.

I believe that Jewelers Mutual will issue a policy on an unmounted diamond which is pretty cool because most insurance companies will not...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results