shape
carat
color
clarity

My new 2 ct BGD Tiffany solitaire!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Yes, this is the long awaited reset that I finally decided on since trading my asscher for an RB 3 years ago. It's being reset in the BGD platinum Tiffany-style 6-prong knife-edge solitaire (I know, I went from a 4-prong solitaire to a 6-prong solitaire, because I'm a big risk-taker :D ). I am super excited because I was told it would take at least 12 business days, and they got it done in 10, so it's even sooner than I expected.

Sorry to be a tease, but I don't have glamour shots yet - Jamie is going to send them later today, but I will post them as soon as I get them. The actual ring is arriving tomorrow, so I'll post the handshots tomorrow ...

Yay!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 6 prong - a big fan. Can't wait to see yours!

piratefan

Shiny_Rock
Arrrrrgggh, woman!! No pics :nono: Ye should walk the plank fer this...But then there would never be pics ;( ...so off ta swap the deck til then matey.... :rodent:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, so exciting!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad it's finished - I've been waiting to see this one!! Seems like it has been forever, doesn't it? Ha! It probably really hasn't been that long but when you keep checking back for something it seems like forever!

Can't wait to see these pics - you must be very excited!!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
piratefan said:
Arrrrrgggh, woman!! No pics :nono: Ye should walk the plank fer this...But then there would never be pics ;( ...so off ta swap the deck til then matey.... :rodent:

Sorry! I thought I would have pics by now - as you can imagine, I'm checking my email obsessively. I promise I will get them up tonight! :cheeky:

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
vespergirl said:
Yes, this is the long awaited reset that I finally decided on since trading my asscher for an RB 3 years ago. It's being reset in the BGD platinum Tiffany-style 6-prong knife-edge solitaire (I know, I went from a 4-prong solitaire to a 6-prong solitaire, because I'm a big risk-taker :D ). I am super excited because I was told it would take at least 12 business days, and they got it done in 10, so it's even sooner than I expected.

Sorry to be a tease, but I don't have glamour shots yet - Jamie is going to send them later today, but I will post them as soon as I get them. The actual ring is arriving tomorrow, so I'll post the handshots tomorrow ...

Yay!

Total tease...no pictures!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
OK, I finally got some pics! I only have 2, though, and Lesley said that she will send me the arrows shot in the morning. I can't wait!

jjcbgd1.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
OK, here's the second one. I'll have more tomorrow! I'm so excited - the prongs look beautiful.

jjcbgd2.jpg

Lovely! That is a classic setting!

Vesper- I am getting my ID jewelry band tomorrow (similar to yours but with dark pink sapphires) and I am in the process of resetting my stone into a 6 prong as well! Too funny. :mrgreen:

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
bean said:

Vesper- I am getting my ID jewelry band tomorrow (similar to yours but with dark pink sapphires) and I am in the process of resetting my stone into a 6 prong as well! Too funny. :mrgreen:

Nice! I can't wait to see your band - the dark pink sapphires sound beautiful. I really love mine, you're going to love yours too.

Have you decided which 6-prong setting you're going to go with?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So far, so good! Would have liked to have seen more but guess we'll have to be patient.

Bet you'll hardly sleep tonight!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
MissGotRocks said:
So glad it's finished - I've been waiting to see this one!! Seems like it has been forever, doesn't it? Ha! It probably really hasn't been that long but when you keep checking back for something it seems like forever!

No doubt - 3 years is a LONG TIME. I wanted to get a new setting back in December of 2007 when I first got the RB, but Mervis ordered me the wrong one, so I just decided to put it in my old setting until I could decide what I wanted from a PS vendor. It's so funny though that after looking at 3-stones, halos, etc. I am just ending up with a classic TIffany setting, but I figure that's the safest bet for someone who can't make up her mind :)

vespergirl said:
bean said:

Nice! I can't wait to see your band - the dark pink sapphires sound beautiful. I really love mine, you're going to love yours too.

Well once I saw your band I was like.. yep! I think I need to order that :) I called the next day and ordered it!

The 6 prong is being made from "since1910.com" ... I think they said it should be done by next week. It is a 6 prong tiffany knife edge setting lol ! I also just ordered 8 prong stud settings for the side stones (resetting my 3 stone) from ID Jewelry as well! I could not find anything remotely close to the items I wanted, so online shopping/ ordering was the way to go!

Can't wait to see your set together :love:

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
bean said:
vespergirl said:
bean said:

Well once I saw your band I was like.. yep! I think I need to order that :) I called the next day and ordered it!

The 6 prong is being made from "since1910.com" ... I think they said it should be done by next week. It is a 6 prong tiffany knife edge setting lol ! I also just ordered 8 prong stud settings for the side stones (resetting my 3 stone) from ID Jewelry as well! I could not find anything remotely close to the items I wanted, so online shopping/ ordering was the way to go!

Can't wait to see your set together :love:

Ooh, I saw a bunch of gorgeous settings on 1910. Your ring is going to be gorgeous! I am also obsessed with the 8-prong earring settings since I saw someone on here got a pair. You must post pics once you get them!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
vespergirl said:
MissGotRocks said:

No doubt - 3 years is a LONG TIME. I wanted to get a new setting back in December of 2007 when I first got the RB, but Mervis ordered me the wrong one, so I just decided to put it in my old setting until I could decide what I wanted from a PS vendor. It's so funny though that after looking at 3-stones, halos, etc. I am just ending up with a classic TIffany setting, but I figure that's the safest bet for someone who can't make up her mind :)

I think it's a good choice. I think once you have a three stone or halo, it's very hard to go back to a solitaire. However, a solitaire is always a beautiful choice and you may like this so well that you'll never consider another mounting. Should look wonderful with your diamond band too!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one of my very favorite solitaire settings and I probably would have gone with it had I not gotten the Leon solitaire. Nothing more classic than a Tiffany knife edge, and I don't think I'd ever get tired of it! The pictures so far look great but I can't wait to see the hand shots!

piratefan

Shiny_Rock
Ooohhh...very nice. :appl: So happy for you getting your upgrade! Can't wait to see some arrow shots and hand shots ofcourse. I hear ya on the setting indecisiveness...I have seen so many on PS that I think are so pretty that I think sticking with a solitaire setting may be my final setting after all. Mix and match bands for more or less bling and color. :cheeky:

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
It's here!!!

First, here are the two extra glamour shots that Jamie sent me today. After seeing these, I thought they made a mistake & set one of Brian's diamonds instead, because I thought that there is no way that this is my "ugly duckling" EGL Israel diamond:

jjcbgd3.jpg

jjcbgd4.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
OK, here are my pics that I took today, in no particular order. I just love how delicate the new setting is - the 2mm setting makes the diamond look bigger, and looks great with all my bands!

jjc1.jpg

jjc2.jpg

jjc3.jpg

jjc4.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
More pics!

jjc5.jpg

jjc6.jpg

jjc7.jpg

jjc8.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
More pics!

jjc9.jpg

jjc10.jpg

jjc11.jpg

jjc12.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Still more!

jjc13.jpg

jjc14.jpg

jjc15.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
And finally, here are some pics of my old Verragio solitaire as a comparison. Even though I thought the profile was very pretty, I really didn't like the blockiness of the prongs, or the 3mm width of the band, or the cathedral style - I thought the old setting overwhelmed my stone. Oh well, it can live on in pictures ...

jjc16.jpg

jjc17.jpg

jjc18.jpg

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
wow!!!!! what an improvement-- the new setting is STUNNING! :love: :love: :love: :love:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SO classic :love:

It makes such a difference in your stone. Really pops, and such a beautiful stone it is. You made a very good choice. Enjoy!

What are your stone stats?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I've always loved that look, and since I help my brother get that same tiffany replica setting for his wife, I couldn't get it for myself, or we'd be ring twins :((

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
bright ice said:
SO classic :love:

It makes such a difference in your stone. Really pops, and such a beautiful stone it is. You made a very good choice. Enjoy!

What are your stone stats?

Thanks! :twirl: The diamond is a 2.01 G SI1 EGL H&A.

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Vesper - congratulations, it's so beautiful! Before I decided to go with a three stone, I thought long and hard about this setting. It's just so beautiful and timeless! It looks great on you, especially with all your fun bands!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Vesper - it looks great in the new setting! :appl: :love: :appl: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results