shape
carat
color
clarity

PLEASE help me think of reset for Bee (2.06 cushion)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, I think it will be a pain to have a stone cut to fit, and even then, is that a ring you really want? I feel like you will think the stone is very small once it is out of the halo. Do you have daughters? I'd honestly just leave it as it is rather than spend money making it into something you likely won't wear. I've justified making extra pendants due to having 2 daughters and two granddaughters, but I wouldn't have done it otherwise.

But I see you're considering a bangle, and if you really like wearing bracelets and would wear it, that's a good idea for a stone that size.

@diamondseeker2006 I agree that the diamond would be small outside of the halo. I’m leaning towards the bangle bracelet. I love bracelets and wore them all the time pre-Covid. I would most likely wear it even in my pjs...That’s what I’ve been doing with my jewelry since the end of March. I only have sons. My daughter-in-law is going to get the boatload..lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee I love the bangle bracelet idea. If you like wearing bracelets this would be gorgeous in a bangle. :love:

bangleforbee.png

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree - bangle all the way! No need to make jewelry that you either already have or don't want duplicates of - this is a new piece and I'm sure it will get lots of wear.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeap. Let me see if I can find it. I think it was entitled “what to do with my old diamond”. I had a 1.2 carat poorly cut diamond in my original engagement ring. I was debating what to do with the stone and the idea of a bangle was brought up. I actually loved the idea of a bangle because they are so pretty. However, I ended up surprising myself and finding out that I was sentimental- so I bought back my original engagement ring setting ( I had sold it to my original jeweler) and I had SingleStone recut my 1.2 stone and place it back into the original engagement ring. So, if you’re not confused yet (which you should be because I am), I have my original engagement ring, my revised engagement ring (which is the one on this thread with a sapphire) and my revised, revised engagement ring completed yesterday by VC.
As far as my diamond adventure— I had the 1.24 carat stone and then I bought a 1.8 stone from a jeweler. Then, I bought the 2.2 from VC. I had the 1.2 recut and returned to my original ering. I sold the 1.8.
Now, you can see why I’ve spent so much money on wine and vodka in the last few months.

I don’t mean to laugh @NicoleNeedsHelp...but your last sentence is so funny!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
David found this sapphire that fits inside the setting perfectly. It’s gorgeous but I’m a pastel person. I keep going back to look at it because I think the color is so pretty. I’m just afraid I will tire of the color. What do you guys think?
12EEC2DA-9200-4DD4-B0FB-BDA8838660D0.png

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I love the color of the sapphire, but I love a deep blue!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love love love this color. Think of how hot it would look with blue jeans and a white T!! My vote is yes on this. :)

ETA was it difficult for him to take the diamond out of the bezel and add the new stone within the bezel?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@nala @FL_runner I think it’s beautiful. It looks like it has a touch of violet in it. I don’t know if I would wear it as much as a lighter stone.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala @FL_runner I think it’s beautiful. It looks like it has a touch of violet in it. I don’t know if I would wear it as much as a lighter stone.

Ok. So why I prefer it to the lighter colored stone is precisely bc it is a nice contrast to your super white diamond ering! I appreciate that on the left I wear my white diamond ring and the right is for deep colors! But it sounds like maybe a pink sapphire is more to your taste.

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
That blue is striking! I absolutely love it. And this from a girl who favors lighter stones! I think youre in for a tough decision, but a fun one!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love love love this color. Think of how hot it would look with blue jeans and a white T!! My vote is yes on this. :)

ETA was it difficult for him to take the diamond out of the bezel and add the new stone within the bezel?

I do too..It’s just so different from everything I have that I don’t want to make a mistake.
He did a great job. I don’t know how easy it was though.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is gorgeous! It's almost a miracle to find a stone that fits and is also beautiful!

A sapphire is a durable stone, too. Far more durable than many other colored stones. You could wear that ring with anything!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! I think the color is just beautiful. But that is me. If you don’t think you will wear and enjoy it, hold out for something else. Beautiful is only half of the equation.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Omg..I hope he still has it...lol

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh wow I love it! I’m not a coloured gem lover but I do love a beautiful Sapphire! :kiss2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
David found this sapphire that fits inside the setting perfectly. It’s gorgeous but I’m a pastel person. I keep going back to look at it because I think the color is so pretty. I’m just afraid I will tire of the color. What do you guys think?

I love the bit of violet I see in it! Yes for me...

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock

That is beautiful, @MamaBee. Hope you keep it. It’s very classy and elegant. So royal! ;-).

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
Did you have the diamond reset into a bangle? David did my ring (shown earlier in this thread) and he did a great job converting a diamond ring into sapphire. Also, it was fairly affordable (I didn’t choose a GIA sapphire).

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I had a setting made for my engagement ring and it didn’t turn out as I wanted. Your setting is much prettier than what I have- so I am not trying to compare at all! However, I am in the same boat because I spent a lot on the setting (way, way, way, way too much- I kick myself every day for my poor choices), so I am not ready to have it melted down yet. I had David put a sapphire in it. I’m still not sure what I will ultimately do with it. My ring doesn’t have a bezel, so it was easier to find a stone. Amy found the stone. 81A51B1A-2C8A-4571-A87F-BF527CBF0976.png I pick up the ring on Monday from David. Here are pics...

Beautiful ring, @NicoleNeedsHelp.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you have the diamond reset into a bangle? David did my ring (shown earlier in this thread) and he did a great job converting a diamond ring into sapphire. Also, it was fairly affordable (I didn’t choose a GIA sapphire).

Your ring is just gorgeous @NicoleNeedsHelp. This sapphire is a little pricey but since I know nothing about gems..I would rather David or Amy find one.
Yes.. The diamond cushion is being reset into a bangle. I can’t wait to get it!

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is just gorgeous @NicoleNeedsHelp. This sapphire is a little pricey but since I know nothing about gems..I would rather David or Amy find one.
Yes.. The diamond cushion is being reset into a bangle. I can’t wait to get it!

Amy/David find the best sapphires. The guy who works the bench (forgot his name) is really good with setting colored stones. He had to cut and “dig” out some metal on my ring and he did a great job setting my sapphire so it is not too high. They will set your sapphire perfectly. Can’t wait to see it. DK and Amy are beyond amazing.

CMN

Brilliant_Rock

It’s a pretty colour. From the photo it looks like you can see all of the facets of the stone - if you can clearly see the facets then it is a yes from me.

I like lighter colour sapphires for the very reason that you can see into the stone.

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I absolutely adore colored stones (especially sapphires!) with a halo, so I vote yes as well! Interestingly enough I recently replaced the diamond center stone in my sun-star halo ring with a sapphire because I love the contrast effect so much! If you are unsure about the color you could potentially have another gemstone sourced for you, but honestly the fact that it fits so perfectly just seems like serendipity! If you try it for a while and don't love it, I am sure you could easily find someone to snatch it up! Love!! :love:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
“Bee” is done! I had the bangle done a little thicker...I love it! @mrs-b Your namesake in her new outfit! Haha

882AF6D6-8A2B-4883-A95E-CD5B14B15504.jpeg

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!!! The rounded bangle is so rich looking and it will be so comfy!! Perfect repurposing of the stone!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results