shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me squelch my excitement!!!

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone, this is my first official post but I have been a long time fan of the many forums. I am currently in Iraq and have been researching/working on a custom engagement ring for my girlfriend for the last 4 month from afar and it is finally done!! I am giving it to her this Friday (long distance proposal through her family and my friends) but I can't hold the excitement anymore and in efforts to help me not spoil this surprise I have worked so hard on, I thought I would share it here (she has no idea I am even looking for a ring, let alone a member of pricescope so I think we are safe). Unfortunately like you guys, I only have the ability to see the ring through the pictures from Whiteflash but her parents were completely speechless by the ring when they first saw it, further adding to my excitement. After several attempts with other online retailers, I finally went through Whiteflash and boy am I happy with that decision. They have been INCREDIBLE and the customer service (hats off to Traci for her patience dealing with me) is far above any of the other e-tailers that I communicated with. So much so that all my jewelry needs in the future will be with them and maybe I have already done a few things since receiving the pictures (again will keep that a secret in case someone reads this post after she gets the ring) :naughty:

So the specifics, I finally decided on a WF "a cut above" 1.311 G VV2, set into a custom made platinum setting, 0.55 ctw F/G VS ACA melee. I had the band also custom made to complete the set, platinum, 0.5 ctw F/G VS ACA melee. Just in case she is dreaming and stumbles across this site in the next 2 days, I won't share my planned "long distance" proposal, but I think for the circumstances that it will be as perfect as possible without me there (alot of work/planning went into it). Just no other or better way in my mind to show her my total commitment to her after her commitment to me during my time away. A beautiful ending to our separation and a perfect start to a long life together. She also has no clue that her "christmas present" (new camera equipment, macro lens for our SLR, new flash) was purposely planned so she could further practice her hobby and shoot all the photos in the world of her new ring :) Hopefully it all goes perfectly and if so, I look forward to sharing some of her own shots of the ring after the weekend. Please let me know what you guys think, I really have enjoyed reading all the great blogs from this site and have gained a tremendous wealth of knowledge from all the pricescope members. I have put ALOT of time and effort into this ring because I want it to be worthy of such an incredible woman and after seeing the pictures and hearing reactions, I really think I captured it but I would really love everyone's feedback.

engagementring1.jpg

engagementring6.jpg

engagementring5.jpg

engagementring4.jpg

Diamond.Lover

Rough_Rock
It's absolutely gorgeous!! You did a phenomenal job and I'm sure that she'll love it.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! I am speechless! The rings are stunning and your thoughtfulness is touching! Thanks for your service in iraq and good luck with the proposal!

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for serving our country. I know she will love it! It's just gorgeous. :love: :love:

kurtwoodfork

Rough_Rock
wow! that looks GOOOOOOOOOORGEOUS!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eeek!! :-o :love: :sun:

Well I can't help you squelch your excitement sir, not at all, that is a BEAUTIFUL set!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your post brought tears to my eyes. She is a very lucky girl that you love her so much! How amazing that you are so unselfish that you want her to have the ring now even though you can't be there in person to give it to her. I think you two will have a great life together! Stay safe and come home soon! :appl: :appl: :appl:

The ring is gorgeous, too. :love:

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Wow. I mean.. Wow. I am speechless and moved to tears. The ring is gorgeous!

septembergirl

Shiny_Rock
The rings are just beautiful and I know she will love them! Your post made me tear up and I am so happy for both of you. Thank you for your service and hard work overseas--we are proud of all of you out there!

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
Tim,
I'm one of those members who doesn't post very often. However, I had to add my two cents to everyone else's comments. The rings you picked for your positively-soon-to-be-fiance (there's no way that she will say "no"!) are absolutely gorgeous! That's kind of an understatement really. The e-ring and the band couldn't be more perfect together. She is one lucky young lady! It's the rare man who goes to the trouble that you have gone to in your plans for the perfect proposal. I can't wait to read your new posts after she says "yes"!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your service to our country, and for sharing such a g :love: rgeous piece of bling! Your future fiancee will adore it, I am sure. Best of luck with the proposal! Please come back with the story afterward...we love stuff like that around here!!!

ringenvy

Rough_Rock
Trade
The rings are amazing beautiful, but after reading the story behind them I think I can honestly say they are the most beautiful rings I have ever seen on this site. Best wishes and I cannot wait to see the "after" pictures...so excited for you both!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is stunning! I bet you cant wait to give it to her!

Stay safe over there and keep us posted on the proposal!

tyty

pixies

Shiny_Rock
That is so sweet of you! I'm sure she will be elated! You did a great job. It is a beautiful ring.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Tim you did an AMAZING JOB. The stone, the setting, the set is just PERFECT! :love:

I'm excited for you both and please post back after the proposal so you can share how you did it!! I love how much thought and detail
you put into this ring. Whiteflash is amazing to work with (I got my ring from them too).

CONGRATS and GOOD LUCK!! :wavey: and THANK YOU for serving our country!! BE SAFE!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
wow!!! that is a beautiful set, great job! :appl: :appl: :appl:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely perfect, gorgeous set of rings. I don't see how she can reject your proposal. Hope all goes well.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is just gorgeous and your love for her is obviously as beautiful as the set! We'll be waiting for pictures and hoping that you will be reunited with her real soon!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Just gorgeous!! Your excitement is contagious----Good job on the setting and matching band, love it!

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
I just wanted to thank everyone for the kind words and many compliments, definitely makes me even more excited but also helps to hear that everyone loves it. Just hard to keep something so awesome without being able to show the world. I just can't wait til she can wear it and feel as great as I have felt through this process of buying it and now having the pictures revealed. I will definitely update you guys this weekend and will have her take lots of new pictures. Thank you again for all the glowing feedback and positive re-inforcement! :appl: :appl:

portia

Brilliant_Rock
It's absolutely beautiful!! Congratulations! What a lucky girl she is!! She better post lots of fabulous hand shots with her new camera when she gets the ring. :appl:

Lula

Ideal_Rock
You chose a beautiful diamond and setting, and it's so great that you got the matching wedding band, too. Best of luck with the proposal, and thanks for your service to the country!

Lekde

Shiny_Rock
First off, thank you for your service. Second, she is a very lucky woman and your post made me smile. You two are destined for life long happiness and love. Congrats and like others, we want hand shots!! The ring is gorgeous!! Job well done.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Lekde|1295491514|2827271 said:
First off, thank you for your service. Second, she is a very lucky woman and your post made me smile. You two are destined for life long happiness and love. Congrats and like others, we want hand shots!! The ring is gorgeous!! Job well done.

Could not have said it better myself, but wanted to add that there's no way we can help you contain your excitement or throw a wet blanket on it since what you are doing is so very cool, and the rings are absolutely stunning! I'm sure all here are just very much looking forward to hearing how you propose, and of course hearing her reaction.

Well done!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! she will love it- it is a gorgeous ring.

Stay safe in theater. My DH got back over the summer after 6 months over there. The best thing about being in the military is that amazing feeling you get when you see your spouse/ girlfriend/ boyfriend whatever, after several weeks/ months apart. It is sort of like falling in love all over again.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow, it is an absolutely stunning set! You did a GREAT job! I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear about this special proposal. Thank you for your service to our country and be safe.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful job! She will be thrilled!
Please, post hand shots as soon as possible.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! STUNNING! I want to see hand shots :) I can't wait to hear a full report of the proposal. I am speechless on the beauty of that ring. Lots of little details that make it gorgeous and not over the top. She will LOVE it!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous set! you have really put a great deal of thought to creating this piece.Well Done :appl: :love:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Well done, beautiful set.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results