shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me pick out a wedding band for my 3 stone e-ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PantherPaws24

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

What type of band do you think would look best with my three stone engagement ring? I was hoping for something a little thicker than my engagement ring (maybe 4mm width?) I like diamonds in the band, maybe a five stone? I''ve gone to the stores to try on some wedding bands, but I would like to see if you have any ideas I haven''t thought of yet. I don''t want to go over $2300 as my budget.

Even though I posted my specs in an eariler thread, here they are again for easy reference:

0.90 round brilliant center stone, .22 sides (1.34 carats tcw)
Size 4.75-5.0 finger
Palladium metal

I posted some pictures to help as well.

Thanks!
1.gif

In flowers.jpg

PantherPaws24

Rough_Rock
Side profile...

Side Profile Shot.JPG

PantherPaws24

Rough_Rock
Angled view on my hand...

Ring Angled View.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hmm. If you want diamonds in the band for 4mm IMO I think it might compete with your e-ring. idk just my opinion, BTW your ring is gorgeous.. for a beauty like yours a little simple band might do?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a three stone ring as well. I have tried on a gazillion bands with it. If the wedding ring is too thin, it is overshadowed by the ering and you can''t really see it. I really wanted a thin eternity ring but if I got one big enough to be seen, it just seemed to compete with the ering and sometimes looked like a big blob of bling - just too much. I ended up with the Tiffany etoile which is just at the 4mm mark. It has a bit of sparkle without being overwhelming to the ering. I like it but I still look around - I''m convinced one day I''ll end up with something else! My ring is a flush fit so everything sits very up close and tight. I think sometimes the answer might be to have the whole thing reset with an eye toward a band that goes with it.

Anyhoo, just thought I''d share my experience. Can''t wait to see what options others come up with!

PantherPaws24

Rough_Rock
Front view on my hand...

Full Hand Shot.jpg

PantherPaws24

Rough_Rock
One more...it''s the close-up...

Close Up of Ring.JPG

PantherPaws24

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback and compliments so far, I greatly appreciate it! So you don''t think two thinner rings put together would look too understated?

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
funny, MissPantherPaws - i sent off the check for my new wedding ring to go with my 3 stone ring about 45 minutes ago!

my ring was .83 with .25 on either side, but i''m in the process of having it reset with .46 and .47 on each side to make it somewhat more old world in feel; from what i can see, old 3 stone rings were more balanced.

i originally had a band of 12 x 6pt stones - so about 2.2mm wide. but it just didnt ''go''. it is possible, tho, that it was because proportionately my side stones were too small; there just didn''t seem to be sufficient differentiation. so i''ve just sent a check to james meyer to order a 3.25mm band (i considered 4mm for AGES but think it''s too wide), flat, milgrain edge band, no stones. i think it will look wonderful with my 3 ring, and if i want to wear my diamond band beneath it - or with it - it should look great. i had a 3mm milgrain band in white gold, but it was too light weight. i umm''d and ahhd about a 3.5mm ring, but james meyer''s milgrain is so thin, i think 3.25 will look sufficiently wide. i''ll post some photos when it comes, but in the meantime, here''s the ring which was my wedding ring, but which isnt ideal...

(and those are my glorious 8 1/4 size fingers - how i ENVY you size 4.5 girls!! you got any idea what sort of size stones i need for decent finger coverage??)

29.gif

kareynscurrentwedder.jpg

sparklestick

Shiny_Rock
I also think a plain band would be best.

HTH

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
I just got a 3 stone so this thread is of great interest to me too! My 3 stone is .76 centre with .48 sides (and I''m a size 5, going to have it sized down to 4.75) and I wear it with a plain 2.5 mm band. I actually think my band looks too thick with it and I want to change it to a plain 1.5-2 mm...

I''d advise you to go try lots of bands on to see what you like. I have a 5 stone as well and I don''t like it with my 3 stone at all- I wear it as a rhr.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2009 7:44:17 PM
Author: upgrade
I just got a 3 stone so this thread is of great interest to me too! My 3 stone is .76 centre with .48 sides (and I''m a size 5, going to have it sized down to 4.75) and I wear it with a plain 2.5 mm band. I actually think my band looks too thick with it and I want to change it to a plain 1.5-2 mm...

I''d advise you to go try lots of bands on to see what you like. I have a 5 stone as well and I don''t like it with my 3 stone at all- I wear it as a rhr.
ditto... plus it''s FUN!

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
I have a 3 stone with an .80 centre with .40 sides. I wear a 4.5 ring (my fingers are the skinniest parts of me) and I wear mine wtih a plain 3 mm wedding band. I really like the classic look of it.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!
I have a three stone (.27 .51 .27) and I have tried a ton of wedding bands with it...different widths, plain and with diamonds. The combination that I like best is with my new 2mm wide diamond band. It is not too small that it is overshadowed, but it doesn''t compete with my e-ring either.

Good luck finding a band, and have fun looking!

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
Here is a pic of my 3 stone with a diamond band on either side..maybe its too much but I wear it like this a lot.
2.gif

Picture 296.jpg

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
Sorry if the pics are not that great. Here is one with the 2 bands on the bottom. I never wear it this way(only with one band or one on either side)..I have no clue why I have this pic?? I can''t find one with just the one band. maybe you can pretend there is only one..just to get the idea
2.gif

BTW..I love your ring! It''s beautiful! I hope you can decide what works best for you. I''m with the others..go try all sorts of bands on and see what you like best.
1.gif

rockin11

Shiny_Rock
shoot..after all that it didn''t attach!
33.gif
33.gif
I''ll try later.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rockin- beatiful ring, I would love just to see your ering... sorry to hijack thread....

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring! My friend has a three stone with just about the same size stones (and fingers) as you. She paired hers with a 5 stone wedding band. I think her jeweler made it so it "lined up" with the three stone (whatever that means). It is a very blingy, very gorgeous set. I also love a three stone with a plain band though, which is always nice to keep on hand for travel and such!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 12:20:12 AM
Author: rockin11
Here is a pic of my 3 stone with a diamond band on either side..maybe its too much but I wear it like this a lot.
2.gif

this is NEVER too much
18.gif

PantherPaws24

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the great ideas! I have a variety of ideas to think about. Rockin - your ring is very very beautiful!! I did notice something, which I thought to be funny - there seems to be two schools of thought as far as bling goes. Some really like the plain band look, while others are perfectly fine with a five stone (probably the most blingy look with the three stone) - so I guess it really is up to the individual. Thanks for the feedback and all the links were really helpful too!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, ya'' know we have our major bling moods and our minimalist bling moods, at least I know I do; and here on PS we have our major bling girls and our mini bling girls, and it''s all good! As long as we have great quality diamonds
2.gif
. I have my five stone of .30 pointers, my seven stone of .10 pointers and my eternity band of 6 1/2 pointers and it depends on my mood and what I''m doing that day that helps me decide what to wear. I also love my 3mm, 4mm and 6mm plain metal wedding bands!

I''d definitely get one plain metal wedding band in my new favorite all purpose size - 2.5 mm, and a nine or eleven stone type half eternity like Whitby suggested. Five pointers would be nice for that and Facets always has lots of choose from. You can work your way up to a nice five stone later on when you really know what you want. (I love always having a project mulling around in the back of my mind. It gives me something to look forward to!)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/14/2009 2:15:38 PM
Author: gemgirl
Well, ya'' know we have our major bling moods and our minimalist bling moods, at least I know I do; and here on PS we have our major bling girls and our mini bling girls, and it''s all good! As long as we have great quality diamonds
2.gif
. I have my five stone of .30 pointers, my seven stone of .10 pointers and my eternity band of 6 1/2 pointers and it depends on my mood and what I''m doing that day that helps me decide what to wear. I also love my 3mm, 4mm and 6mm plain metal wedding bands!

I''d definitely get one plain metal wedding band in my new favorite all purpose size - 2.5 mm, and a nine or eleven stone type half eternity like Whitby suggested. Five pointers would be nice for that and Facets always has lots of choose from. You can work your way up to a nice five stone later on when you really know what you want. (I love always having a project mulling around in the back of my mind. It gives me something to look forward to!)
well Gemgirl just solved it, all the above that was mentioned, if no budget constraints
31.gif
... love all those choices

PantherPaws24

Rough_Rock
Gemgirl - that would be amazing, but right now, we''re just finishing up with grad school, so the resources are somewhat limited. Your bands sound really pretty though and I like the idea of having versatility.

Has anyone purchased a five-stone or eternity band from Dimend Scaasi (like the models listed on their website??) I was wondering how low profile these rings would be...please post pictures if you have any!

--Katie

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I''d do a skinnier (less than 4mm) eternity band, full, 1/2 or 3/4, whatever the budget allows for. I think the proportion on your 3 stone is beautiful. But I''m conflicted, because I think a lot of things could go with it.

I would go try on everything you can get your hands on!

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
I love your 3 stone ring! I guess I am more of a minimalist, I would choose either a very thin (1.8 to 2 mm) plain band or pave''d band so as not to compete with the ering - it is so gorgeous I would want it to be the focus. You will know when you hit the balance that is most pleasing to you . . . just keep trying them on!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results