shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me in assessing this diamond

kxp471

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone, first time poster here so I apologize if this isn't where I should be posting. I'm super interested in purchasing this diamond and was hoping to get some of your opinions on it. I have one primary concern and that is the way the diamond looks prior to being placed in a platinum setting. This is an I color diamond but I thought it appeared extremely yellow and was wondering if there was any reason behind it, or is this how an I should look? Thanks! IMG_0921.JPG IMG_0920.JPG Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 8.00.38 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 8.00.32 PM.png

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fill this out and if it’s above a 2, it’s a toss. (Leakage etc)

kxp471

Rough_Rock
Fill this out and if it’s above a 2, it’s a toss. (Leakage etc)

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 8.22.58 PM.png
Do you mean toss as in don't consider purchasing this diamond or there could be a variety of reasons it looks yellow? Thanks so much for the advice/help!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 8.22.58 PM.png
Do you mean toss as in don't consider purchasing this diamond or there could be a variety of reasons it looks yellow? Thanks so much for the advice/help!

Right. Forget the yellow, it’s a toss anyway.

over 2 gets thrown out.
Under 2 gets considered.

would you like us to help you find a diamond? What are your parameters?

kxp471

Rough_Rock
Right. Forget the yellow, it’s a toss anyway.

over 2 gets thrown out.
Under 2 gets considered.

would you like us to help you find a diamond? What are your parameters?

Thanks! That would be great, I'm ideally looking for a triple X 2.5 carat round GIA certified diamond with H/I color and clarity VS1/VS2.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Budget?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately that stone is not good. But maybe we can find alternatives for you

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! That would be great, I'm ideally looking for a triple X 2.5 carat round GIA certified diamond with H/I color and clarity VS1/VS2.

Super ideal cut, amazing $1 upgrade policy. si1 but eye clean

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock

OP didn't ask for SI1 clarity in her parameters.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The yellow is surely an artifact of the photograph. No GIA-I looks like that. Maybe the photographer is wearing a yellow hat.

kxp471

Rough_Rock
The yellow is surely an artifact of the photograph. No GIA-I looks like that. Maybe the photographer is wearing a yellow hat.
Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 6.30.55 PM.png
Haha I was the photographer and wasn't wearing a yellow hat, but thank you! This is the only other photo I have of the diamond, it is on the right in this picture!

kxp471

Rough_Rock
I know, that's why I specified that it was an SI1 when I suggested it.

Thank you for the suggestion and help, I appreciate it! Would you guys mind giving your input on the following stone I was recommended today from NYC?

Attachments

• RBC 2.40ct IVS2 GIA#5323574033 - Documents.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 5

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the suggestion and help, I appreciate it! Would you guys mind giving your input on the following stone I was recommended today from NYC?

I think the stone is risky (at least IMHO), but could work. The fact that GIA rounds means that the 33/41 combo COULD be great, or might be not great IRL. The positive thing is that the angles are complimentary of one another (33 and 41), but I worry a bit about it. If you would be wiling to consider an SI1 or a slightly smaller size I would strongly suggest going with a super ideal vendor (or at least buying a stone within super ideal parameters).

kxp471

Rough_Rock
I think the stone is risky (at least IMHO), but could work. The fact that GIA rounds means that the 33/41 combo COULD be great, or might be not great IRL. The positive thing is that the angles are complimentary of one another (33 and 41), but I worry a bit about it. If you would be wiling to consider an SI1 or a slightly smaller size I would strongly suggest going with a super ideal vendor (or at least buying a stone within super ideal parameters).

Thank you! sorry I'm a bit of a noob with these things but would you be able to explain why the 33/41 angles could be a bad thing?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results