shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me in assessing this diamond

kxp471

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone, first time poster here so I apologize if this isn't where I should be posting. I'm super interested in purchasing this diamond and was hoping to get some of your opinions on it. I have one primary concern and that is the way the diamond looks prior to being placed in a platinum setting. This is an I color diamond but I thought it appeared extremely yellow and was wondering if there was any reason behind it, or is this how an I should look? Thanks! IMG_0921.JPG IMG_0920.JPG Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 8.00.38 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 8.00.32 PM.png

kxp471

Rough_Rock
Fill this out and if it’s above a 2, it’s a toss. (Leakage etc)

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 8.22.58 PM.png
Do you mean toss as in don't consider purchasing this diamond or there could be a variety of reasons it looks yellow? Thanks so much for the advice/help!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 8.22.58 PM.png
Do you mean toss as in don't consider purchasing this diamond or there could be a variety of reasons it looks yellow? Thanks so much for the advice/help!

Right. Forget the yellow, it’s a toss anyway.

over 2 gets thrown out.
Under 2 gets considered.

would you like us to help you find a diamond? What are your parameters?

kxp471

Rough_Rock
Right. Forget the yellow, it’s a toss anyway.

over 2 gets thrown out.
Under 2 gets considered.

would you like us to help you find a diamond? What are your parameters?

Thanks! That would be great, I'm ideally looking for a triple X 2.5 carat round GIA certified diamond with H/I color and clarity VS1/VS2.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately that stone is not good. But maybe we can find alternatives for you

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! That would be great, I'm ideally looking for a triple X 2.5 carat round GIA certified diamond with H/I color and clarity VS1/VS2.

Super ideal cut, amazing $1 upgrade policy. si1 but eye clean

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The yellow is surely an artifact of the photograph. No GIA-I looks like that. Maybe the photographer is wearing a yellow hat.

kxp471

Rough_Rock
The yellow is surely an artifact of the photograph. No GIA-I looks like that. Maybe the photographer is wearing a yellow hat.
Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 6.30.55 PM.png
Haha I was the photographer and wasn't wearing a yellow hat, but thank you! This is the only other photo I have of the diamond, it is on the right in this picture!

kxp471

Rough_Rock
I know, that's why I specified that it was an SI1 when I suggested it.

Thank you for the suggestion and help, I appreciate it! Would you guys mind giving your input on the following stone I was recommended today from NYC?

Attachments

• RBC 2.40ct IVS2 GIA#5323574033 - Documents.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 1

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the suggestion and help, I appreciate it! Would you guys mind giving your input on the following stone I was recommended today from NYC?

I think the stone is risky (at least IMHO), but could work. The fact that GIA rounds means that the 33/41 combo COULD be great, or might be not great IRL. The positive thing is that the angles are complimentary of one another (33 and 41), but I worry a bit about it. If you would be wiling to consider an SI1 or a slightly smaller size I would strongly suggest going with a super ideal vendor (or at least buying a stone within super ideal parameters).

kxp471

Rough_Rock
I think the stone is risky (at least IMHO), but could work. The fact that GIA rounds means that the 33/41 combo COULD be great, or might be not great IRL. The positive thing is that the angles are complimentary of one another (33 and 41), but I worry a bit about it. If you would be wiling to consider an SI1 or a slightly smaller size I would strongly suggest going with a super ideal vendor (or at least buying a stone within super ideal parameters).

Thank you! sorry I'm a bit of a noob with these things but would you be able to explain why the 33/41 angles could be a bad thing?

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Men In Pearls
    Men In Pearls
    Celebrating The Life Of Elsa Peretti
    Celebrating The Life Of Elsa Peretti
    Recovering Diamonds From The Depths
    Recovering Diamonds From The Depths

Need expert help finding that diamonds?

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.