shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me find shoes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Argh! It seems like this would be easy to find, but I''m having no luck!

My dress will be a lace sheath with a mocha/latte underlining and ivory lace, with a champagne colored sash. I thought that gold or champagne colored shoes would look best. I want something with a round or peep toe, and an ankle strap or t-strap. And no higher than a 3 inch heel. Not wedges.

I want to get the shoes before I officially order the dress, cause they are going to do a custom length from the manufacturer so they do not have to hem the lace.

I''ve scoured Zappos and Bluefly and everywhere else I could think of, but I can''t find anything close! Please help!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
_5391115.jpg

BUT.... the heel is 3 1/4

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
that might not have worked

here they are

_5391115.jpg

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, those are pretty! Where are they from?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
they are from nordie''s!
that was the closest i could find with all of your requirements.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Solestruck lets you search by color. I didn't see anything spectacular, but maybe you'll find something you like. They have some Nina's, but they looked a little sandal-y to me. Piperlime has some nice options too.

pl491130-01p01v01.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
holy Moly Basil - I have the shoe for you!!

I too have a sheath, pink champagne with a white lace overlay..and wanted the same specs that you''ve mentioned.

I bought (but don''t have a pic of) a pair of peep-toe, low heel height shoe by "Miss Sixty" which are totally not bridal *definatly re-wearable* and kinda ''strappy'' wiht varying shades of ivory and pale gold.

I tried to find a pic online, but couldn''t. I''ll photograph them next time I''m at my mom''s place and then post for you. they are amazing. I heart them and I think you may too!!!

:)

:)

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
How about these jcrew shoes--the heel is a little high (but you can get most heels cut-down, i have done so before)

the colour is nice

J-crew gold shoe

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 50px">
I tried to find a pic online, but couldn''t. I''ll photograph them next time I''m at my mom''s place and then post for you. they are amazing. I heart them and I think you may too!!!
So I''ll be at my moms this weekend and I''ll photograph my wedding shoes for y''all...but I just found these cute Carlos Santana (the musician!!) shoes that, appart from the heal* could be really cute~!

www.6pm.com

$89 USD

imgnotfound.jpg

I don''t know why this won''t upload. frustrating! urgh.

I''ll try again later
7.gif

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Mela Lu - your shoes sound great! Thanks!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Spanx! I really like them! Photos to come ;-)

I also have a TON of shoes I saved from Zappos etc that I loved! Want me to upload them too?

~Elisa

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you tried

www.theglassslipper.com
www.myglassslipper.com

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Hey Basil! Apparently I should just attach my pics...as they are having problems with the 3rd party photo-hosting sites. Fingers crossed this works ;-)

Here are my wedding shoes, by Miss Sixty.

Miss sixty 2.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
...and one more view of them.

SOooooo Comfy!!

Miss sixty 1.jpg

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
These are ivory, but I LOVE them! And they''re on sale!!!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Mela - those are great! I tried on a similar design by Naturalizer this weekend, but they only came in black and brown. Where did you buy them?

Thanks for the links, jcrow! I''ll have to look through them when I get a chance.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I am on the shoe hunt too! Thanks for posting that list, Jcrow...there are a couple on there I haven''t checked. And I will add...

www.endless.com

www.piperlime.com

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, lots of great links in this thread.

I found these, by Aerosoles. 'Talk Flow', has a 3 inch sort of chunky heel. What do you think? Too informal for a wedding? Do you think they look vintage-y?

lalalaerosoles.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2007 9:42:29 PM
Author: basil
Oh, lots of great links in this thread.

I found these, by Aerosoles. ''Talk Flow'', has a 3 inch sort of chunky heel. What do you think? Too informal for a wedding? Do you think they look vintage-y?
YES! Very Vintagy and I LOVE THEM! But they may be too heavy, depending on your dress...if your dress is ''big enough'' to carry them...I''d say go for it! Those heals will be very sturdy and comfy.

I bought mine at a store called "Capezio" in Toronto, but I imagine anyone who carries Miss Sixty may have them.

I''m going to post a thread now with my dress, which is so ''light'' that I found it tricky to find the right ''weight'' shoes. I think I succeeded with these thought! :)

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sort of tempted to just order them cause I think they''re so cute I''d probably wear them at some point, even if it didn''t end up working out for the wedding. I''m a little worried about the color being off for the dress underlay.

My dress is a lace sheath/gentle mermaid with a sash. My sash will be the same color as the dress underlay (a cafe au lait sort of shade) What do you think?

lala002_primary.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Holy Cr#p I LOVE your dress. That is SO pretty and SO romantic, and has all the "right" elements (v-neck, gorgeous lace, a wee train). I''m GUSHING. I really love it. who makes it?

As for the shoes (naturalizer), as much as I really love them, I''m still not ''sold'' on them for that dress.

I''m picturing a softer cplour, round toe, like these mary-janes from 9-west.

9 west.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
OR THESE!!!
By Beverly Feldman,

*I love these SO much* and WISH I could rock these with my dress:

Beverly Feldman 158.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a close up of the beading:

OMG these would be simply magical!

close-up beads.jpg

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Mela, you're like the queen of great shoes!
1.gif
My dress is Jim Hjelm, #8663. It has a great back view too!

Love those Beverly Feldman shoes. Not sure if I'd be able to walk in them though. I always feel like I'm going to walk right out of shoes if I'm not really strapped in.

What about these from Nine West? I'm not sure if I could pull off patent, either. I'm about ready to just order a bunch from Zappos so I can walk around in them in person and return whatever feels unstable.

lalaninewest.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
OHH! good idea! order a bunch and see what works for you!

OMG please show me a pic of the back of your dress...!! I''m in LOVE with it!!

Can you order those Beverly Feldmans too, puh-lease? I''m dying for them...and would love for a real live person to try them on for real!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Here it is
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

Seriously, I tried on a bunch of 5-6k Monique L''huillier''s and this dress was actually nicer and more flattering at a fraction of the price! Side to side, there was no visible difference in the quality of the lace.

Those Beverly Feldman''s would be just perfect for my garden wedding...unless it''s muddy!
1.gif

002_sec05.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
one word of warning - be really careful if you have shoes with bits at the front, like those flowers, that can catch especially if you have lace.

I wore a beautiful pair of heels with diamonte down the front to a ball last year and they endless caught in my dress. I nearly fell down the stairs twice and spent all night unhooking them!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Good point Pandora! I never thought of that!!

Basil, I too tried on a bunch of M.L. and didn''t love the fit either!! So strange b/c I know she is considered one of the ''top'' designers, especially for lace! I much preferred some of the other brands, which were much much cheaper ;-)

~I guess it worked out for us then, non?~

PS. I LOVE that dress. the back IS spectacular. I cannot wait to see it on you!

If I see more shoes...you know I''ll post! :p

PPS. I still want those shoes, just to own. LOL!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
A lot of M.L.''s dresses seemed very...exposed too. I tried on a few that were gorgeous from the front, but had a dramatic but extremely revealing completely open back. I''m not a prude, but I just thought it was a little much. My Jim Hjelm is low cut in the front, but I can easily tack the lace together a little to make it not so low.

Anyway, I found these Charles David....They say they have a 3" heel, but it sure looks higher. Cute though.

lalacharlesdavid.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results