shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me find oval hook drop pearl earrings

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, they do look like FWP. That's okay! They are still real pearls!

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The metal is indeed gold. As for the pearls: I'm also quite certain now they are freshwater. As for now I'm happy to wear them. I'm afraid that one day, when I know more about pearls, they might start bothering me. Same happened with diamonds after joining PS. :lol:

Why would they bother you? If you enjoy wearing them then it really doesn't matter if they are freshwater, white Tahitians or white South Sea or if the metal is gold or vermeil.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Why would they bother you? If you enjoy wearing them then it really doesn't matter if they are freshwater, white Tahitians or white South Sea or if the metal is gold or vermeil.

You are absolutely right! Thank you!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you someday wish to replace the pearls but re-use the hook, it can be unglued from the current pearls and glued into the new ones.
But I say, just enjoy them! They will give you experience with how you feel about the weight of the pearls (you said they were larger than you expected, and larger = heavier.)

In my experience, hardly anyone ever stops with just one pearl purchase! I foresee more pearls in your future. =)2

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they look great! I wouldn’t fret over whether they’re the best pearls or not. I wore a pair of $100 studs since 2017 and didn’t give a whit. Before those I had a pair I bought for $50 at a gem show. It’s kind of like diamond studs—like, who is going to come up and take a loupe to your ears to see if your pearls or diamonds are to their liking? Someday when you feel like it you can upgrade. Until then, enjoy what you bought!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results